Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: 2 Slice Toaster - Colour Options

by boblishman Posted 13th Mar 2005 at 1:06 AM - Updated 13th Mar 2005 at 1:00 PM by boblishman : typos

109 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 5
Field Researcher
#51 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 8:47 PM
looks greattttt
Test Subject
#52 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 11:10 PM
Bob, I simpley love the toasters!!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
#53 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 3:02 AM
Boblish -- you've really been cooking in the kitchen! I have to say that my sim's cooking abilities are hard matched to keep up with you. Have you ever thought of working on .... roofs? Ooops, did I put a request in where I wasn't spossda?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 5:18 AM
bonza mate.. a little too aussie?, ok, thanks lots.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 9:43 PM
Those are so cute. Thanks
Forum Resident
#56 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 1:12 AM
Could not use this it crashed my game and the SimPE said I had to take these files out for SimPE to work. Thought you need to know!
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 1:22 AM Last edited by boblishman : 16th Mar 2005 at 2:28 AM.
Default typo
AngleSim....did you try downloading again....maybe you had a bad download.... you're the first to report a problem (from 1800+ downloads). Someone else had the same problem with some curtains I made a while ago...and a re-download was all that they needed to do ... and they worked fine. You may have been downloading whilst I did an update...and only got half the file...

Let me know if you still have problems.... and thanks for letting me know,

Bob

p.s. SimPe's Wizard is not good for doing recolours of new objects. It crashes with loads of mine and other peoples (Quaxi does know about this). Use SimPE Object Workshop to make recolours...that passes all my objects ...and allows me to do the recolours. Hope this helps!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 2:12 AM Last edited by Angel : 16th Mar 2005 at 2:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by boblishman
Angel....did you try downloading again....maybe you had a bad download.... you're the first to report a problem (from 1800+ downloads). Someone else had the same problem with some curtains I made a while ago...and a re-download was all that they needed to do ... and they worked fine. You may have been downloading whilst I did an update...and only got half the file...

Let me know if you still have problems.... and thanks for letting me know,

Bob

:howdy: Thought you were talking to me for a sec there :confused:

Anyway love this object, makes our Simmies kitchens look more realistic- love that!
Field Researcher
#59 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 2:47 AM
These are working great in my game! I love all your stuff and thank you profusely for doing it. I'm so happy to have these detail items....how about laundry and bath stuff??? (hint hint)
Test Subject
#60 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 5:36 AM
These are so nice...great recolors...Thanks so much for sharing
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 6:34 AM
Great job. Figured I would just post here. Like angel I also had problems with game crashes and obj workshop. The only time I mess with wizard is to look up a name i wrote down wrong. Anyway, currently that's not my problem. I ad all three of your new obj in the dl folder and sure enough I had to take all three out to make my game run. Also I thought to check for duplicate guid's and poof all three came up duplicate. I think it was a mistake though, because your blinds and curtains did the same thing for 2 runs and then on the third they were ok. Just thought I'd let you know. I'll try to re-dl and if that doesn't work well, *sigh* I'll let ya know.
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 11:48 AM Last edited by boblishman : 18th Mar 2005 at 12:20 PM.
Hi Halfise,
I just checked all my downloads today and they all have UNIQUE registered GUID's. Quaxi is aware that there is a problem with SimPe's Wizard that falsely reports 'duplicate' GUID's ... and is in the process of fixing it...Its is NOT recommended that you use the Wizard for new objects (see what it says on the opening page ..'recolours that shipped with the game' ...) If you use Object Workshop of the latest version of SimPE ...it checks through all my objects without any problems...so I have no idea why your game is crashing?. Can you give me soeme more info...like : EP installed? : Hi/Low Graphic Settings: Any 'hacks' (like teen whohoo/etc:?.... processor speed? ... I suuspect, like Angle, that the problem is probably your machine/game installation rather than my files (I'm not making excuses...but with almost 2000 downloads, I think I would have heard more about this if there was a basic problem with the files. Crashes due to 'bad' files are usually reported within hours of objects being posted ... so I'm not sure why you are having a problem... try downloading again.... I know that the server here is sometimes a bit slow and you may have an incomplete download... just download again, overwrite the files (if they are still in your download folder) and see what happens. As you can read from the above, even poeple with University are not experiencing any problems...

Finally, SimPE is continuously being changed...and you get different 'reports' with each release. Try downloading the latest SimPE and try Object Workshop again (not the Wizard) and see what happens.

I Hope this helps

[EDIT] I think I know now what the problem is: I added this item to the Miscellaneaous catalogue section as well as a MAIN section, (and probably to some other sections) as well. What SimPE is reporting is not duplicate GUID's, but duplicate CATALOGUE placements. This IS my fault, and I apologise to anyone who has had problems with SimPE This multiple placement does not cause any problems in the functionality of the objects in the game, but does make it show up in strange places in the catalogue...and SimPE Wizard doesn''t like it having several Catagories to appear in... and that's why it says it appears in several places... and must be removed.

It means more than one CATAGORY , NOT duplicate GUID's.

From now on, all my objects will only appear in only ONE catagory, and this should stop any problems with SimPe.

This multiple catalogue placement does NOT cause a game crash... most crashes are caused by 'bad' downloads (incomplete ones). If your game crashes after installing an object, always re-download it and compare the file sizes between your original download and the new one.[EDIT]

Bob
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 6:53 PM
Hi Bob,

Okay, I have university. I also have the latest version of simpe. I think that's v30, right? The only hacks I have in my game are well, a painting (that I tested right after the installation of uni) and of course the Insimenator(EPready and version DEST). I'm not much of a hack person as you can see. Also my game settings are pretty much standard, right in the middle I would say. At any rate if it helps at all I have a 2.2 GHz, 712 in memory, and 60gigs of space. I just updated the vid card about 2 months ago.
Now, with all that typed my hands are tired but.. I shall go on.
I'm not saying it was a bad file or a bad guid, nothing of the sort. However, not everyone has the exact same downloads as everyone else. After posting my last reply, I also found other files that were causing my game to crash. Grateful to say that none were yours. However, as soon as I'm done posting this I am off to check your newer meshes. So I'll get back to you.

Thanks for reading,
Say
aka Hafise
Test Subject
#64 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 3:47 AM
What a great addition to the game! I haven't experienced any problems with it. Thanks so much for making and sharing it.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 5:07 AM
Bob,

Great job on this! It looks terrific game in the game.

One thing I noticed, though, is that, in addition to be sorted with small appliances, it's sorted with dressers and armoires. :argh:

Harmless enough, but I don't see the connection.

Thanks again,

Stephen
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 6:05 AM
Bob,

Everything works fine now. It was conflicting with another object from another site, or atleast once I took that obj out and put yours in the game ran like a dream.

Thanks!
Test Subject
#67 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 9:34 AM
LOVE it
just 2 words...LOVE it!!!
My sims homes are better furnished than my own is.

BadKitty
Test Subject
#68 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 4:55 AM
Look great and works good. thank you !
Field Researcher
#69 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 2:37 PM
I have several hacks & plenty of custom content downloads, but the toaster works and looks good in my game. No problems here!
Test Subject
#70 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 2:54 AM
Cool. Now we just need the new food items: pop tarts and frozen waffles.
Scholar
#71 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 4:15 AM
I have the EP and you would not want to see what all I havein my game, but these work and look great. Thank you so much. I love this kind of stuff in my game. I had over a gig of just clutter in my sims 1 game.

Teresa
Test Subject
#72 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 7:40 AM
I've run the game for 15 hours straight with the toaster in the kitchen and there have been no bugs at all, with any of the colors I've used (orange white and black)
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 4:18 PM
They look really cool . Will try them and see Thanks
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 3:56 PM
Quote:
One thing I noticed, though, is that, in addition to be sorted with small appliances, it's sorted with dressers and armoires.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having that issue! I thought I was losing it for a few minutes, I actually checked three times~

If you're in hell, and are mad at someone,
where do you tell them to go?
RattySim
<:3 )~
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 3:13 PM
awww! I love them soooo much! How I wish you could use it, but you can't have it all! Beatiful job! :D
Page 3 of 5