Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Rain For Your Sims *Testers Wanted*

by spmjcom Posted 20th Aug 2006 at 12:38 PM - Updated 20th Aug 2006 at 1:09 PM by spmjcom

210 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 202 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 3:04 PM
Yaaaay!!!Thank you soooooo much!! I've been searching for a 'weather' hack for a long,long time...
Hope it works fine w/ TS2Original

......:::^If You Want to Get to The Top,^:::......
_._><Prepare to Kiss a Lot of The Bottom ><_._
-____________________.________________________-
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 3:05 PM
Works with all eps

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Sims Sentral Has It All!!Join Today!
Field Researcher
#28 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 3:14 PM
thanks, cant wait to try this! Hope you can get snow working :D
Test Subject
#29 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 3:14 PM
Wow! This is brilliant!!

Do you think you'd be able to make snow? That would be awesome, especially during my sims' Christmas times.

Thanks so much!!
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 3:19 PM
Does it rain indoors?

Because i hate it when it does
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Toasted-Toilet
Does it rain indoors?

Because i hate it when it does

Kinda But when you build a house with a foundation you cant see the raindrops on the floor.

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spmjcom
Kinda But when you build a house with a foundation you cant see the raindrops on the floor.

Ok ;'] Thank you ill test this out!

Scholar
#33 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 3:28 PM
this is awesome! thank you
xo

Rhondalatte's Custom CAS screens: http://blackpearlsims.com/ (formerly known as Reflex forum)

DeesElegantDecor - Beautiful furnishings:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 4:53 PM
excellent idea, rain was promised before the sims 2 came out im glad somebody took the time to put it in there. my only advice--work out or have someone work out the rain going through the roof thats kinda weird
Test Subject
#35 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 6:00 PM
I have a question, when it says there's a power outage, does that really make it so that electrical stuff don't work?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 6:23 PM
I've heard of an older hack that did the same thing but the game could crash if you use it, also you couldn't save the game while it was raining becuase the game could get freezed. Is this new one safe?
Test Subject
#37 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 6:23 PM
simslice has the EXACT same thing i downloaded it on the pay site there are even power outages little puddles and things like that! wich leads me to belive that this is theirs that you wrongly posted here because you are not to post theire things here i might be wrong but just trying to make sure.
Instructor
#38 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 6:39 PM
great it love it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kittygrl1010
simslice has the EXACT same thing i downloaded it on the pay site there are even power outages little puddles and things like that! wich leads me to belive that this is theirs that you wrongly posted here because you are not to post theire things here i might be wrong but just trying to make sure.

They have one object i have three. And they have a weather controller and i have three seperate natural weather hacks. I DONT STEAL!!!!!

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by era506
I've heard of an older hack that did the same thing but the game could crash if you use it, also you couldn't save the game while it was raining becuase the game could get freezed. Is this new one safe?

Safe i have saved while raining before. and if it doesn't work for you, yopu can always delete it.

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Test Subject
#41 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 7:06 PM
Wow! This is just what i've been after! It will be great in my stories on the sims 2! Thanks a bunch! ^^
Field Researcher
#42 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 7:17 PM
This sounds great. All the weather I've seen slowed my game down to a halt and you couldn't save while it was raining. Great work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 7:33 PM
starts rainging right away. And if you keep your family happy during the outage, you get a rank.

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Field Researcher
#44 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kittygrl1010

Really, this is a bit rude. Weather was orginally intended to be in the game, but was disabled by Maxis because it was too buggy. Thus, it is not uncommon to see multiple hacks or hacked objects involving weather.

Most importantly, you really should test this hack and compare it to Simslice's before making accusations. The fact that somebody else made a hack similar to it isn't grounds for accusing anybody of stealing.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 8:13 PM
Wow looks good, does it rain inside the house?

~ * MaRiA * ~
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#46 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 8:14 PM
You know when the pop up pops up about the sims power. Its options are yes or no. does it really matter which one you chose?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by myfakereality
You know when the pop up pops up about the sims power. Its options are yes or no. does it really matter which one you chose?

Nope either one is ok

Do you want...
Awsome free content?
Great Community Members?
Test Subject
#48 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 8:25 PM
I love the idea of having weather but I don't really like how it looks like the rain is passing though the roof and raining in the house..

The poweroutage bit is a really neat effect, though. ^_^
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 8:34 PM
Thank-You!
This is greatly needed for my game.
Though' I can just add it in photoshop.
This will be much better for movies.

--Luc

In search for my dear friend Andrew a.k.a. Sawyer, Seen him? Heard of him? Contact me!

(p.s.) No this isn't Sunshine... ^_^...Okay maybe it is.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 20th Aug 2006 at 10:17 PM
How do the objects look like? Can't find them in my catalog? I only have base game, do them work just with it?
Page 2 of 9