Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Toddler Double Bed - Revised Animations - Testers Wanted

by rebecah Posted 29th Jul 2007 at 4:55 AM - Updated 9th Oct 2008 at 2:24 PM by rebecah

106 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 103 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:40 PM
i have nightlife and open for business... and i downloaded this and it does not work in my game, it crashed it at the loading of the game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#77 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Scotchbonnet
i have nightlife and open for business... and i downloaded this and it does not work in my game, it crashed it at the loading of the game.

You must have gotten the pets version. If you want to try again please be sure to get the no ep version.
Test Subject
#78 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 11:00 PM
thanks u for fixing the bedding problem!!!!!!!
Scholar
#79 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 4:56 AM Last edited by Jasumi : 8th Aug 2007 at 5:02 AM.
First, allow me to add that the animation is wonderfully done and the bed makes a very nice decorative peice for toddler rooms. So I thank you for this.

However, I like a few others have been experiencing the strange flashing everytime my sims interact with it. I have tried both the "Pets EP" and the "No EP" versions.

I will try re-downloading these files again and give you my result soon.

Quote:
I....never play my game without boolprop testingcheatsenabled true.

Perhaps this may be a problem for users getting the same results as me. I will try this as well when I reinstall the package files.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 7:42 AM
awww how cute.

kudos to u! XD i'll test it out...
Inventor
#81 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
Thanks so much for your help. Did you use the noep version? I had this exact problem with Life Stories. The bed may use animations that came with pets. Or you may have to use the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true

Yes, I did use the noep version. I have the Seasons EP now, so I redownloaded it and am trying it again...

Oh, it works! The toddler floating up toward the bed looks kinda funny, but I suppose it can't be helped. ^_^ Yay!
Inventor
#82 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 10:16 PM
Oh! I just realized, whether you use it regularly or with testingcheats, jumping on the bed does not work. Relaxing and sleeping does, though.
Test Subject
#83 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 10:20 PM
This bed turned blue in my game and kept blinking and every time the toddlers tried to use it, they just stopped and fell down. Did anyone else experience a problem similar to this?

The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.
Scholar
Original Poster
#84 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sharde141
This bed turned blue in my game and kept blinking and every time the toddlers tried to use it, they just stopped and fell down. Did anyone else experience a problem similar to this?

Did you download the newest version? I tested it in Life Stories and it works ok except for the jumping on the bed. You do need most of the EP's for this option to work and run with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true.

Top of this post I have the following:
Updated August 8, 2007 - Updated No Ep Version to fix flashing blue problems...I hope. Please realize I do not use the no ep version and can only test in Life Stories. I do believe you may need at least on EP for this to work. If this new version still causes flashing blue problems please let me know.

I'm afraid in the future I have to only create items for full EP's installation setting.
Alchemist
#85 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sharde141

This is what happened in my game.

Rebecah, I assume you know about Numenor's basegame start-up mod, which should allow you to make and test things without EPs.

I haven't tried Rebecah's latest version, as far as I can remember. Maybe I should , and see if it works for me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#86 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
This is what happened in my game.

Rebecah, I assume you know about Numenor's basegame start-up mod, which should allow you to make and test things without EPs.

I haven't tried Rebecah's latest version, as far as I can remember. Maybe I should , and see if it works for me.

No I don't know about his base game start-up mod. I may check into it, but I really don't have a personal need for base game items myself.
Alchemist
#87 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 8:32 AM
The basegame starter is here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107015

I personally very much appreciate creators who go to the trouble of making their items usable for everyone - it's sad when many beautiful items are unusable.

Anyway, thanks for trying at least - and I'll be back when I get some EPs.
Scholar
Original Poster
#88 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
The basegame starter is here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107015

I personally very much appreciate creators who go to the trouble of making their items usable for everyone - it's sad when many beautiful items are unusable.

Anyway, thanks for trying at least - and I'll be back when I get some EPs.

I do try to do no ep for the most part but I found that too many things don't work for base game so I get a little frustrated with it. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me about Numenors base game starter. I do know I've had so a few complaints for base game versions on my beds that's why I did this as a pets version.

Thanks again.
Test Subject
#89 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 3:18 PM
This is to cool, but alas in my game i still get the flasing blue thingy........i have two EP's, NL and UNI. when i downloaded the one for EP it crashed my game, so i took that out and downloaded the non EP, and then i get the blue thingy.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 8:55 PM
What is Life Pets?
Do you mean Life something AND Pets?

Or can I download this if I have Pets?

"Once again, she returns.. To the arms of her angel, angel or demon? Still, he calls her.. Luring her back, from the grave. Angel or dark seducer? Who are you, strange angel?"

Phantom of the Opera
Scholar
Original Poster
#91 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 10:32 PM Last edited by rebecah : 22nd Sep 2007 at 10:33 PM. Reason: typo's
Quote: Originally posted by YourEverydayMistake
What is Life Pets?
Do you mean Life something AND Pets?

Or can I download this if I have Pets?

If you have pets you would want the pet version. Sims Life Stories and Sims Pet Stories are other EA games that these items are compatible with.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 6:43 AM
how about bon voyage, will it work?
Scholar
Original Poster
#93 Old 3rd Dec 2007 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NRJ
how about bon voyage, will it work?

Yes it works with bv.
Scholar
#94 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 5:31 PM
I Love Your Toddler Beds Rebecah! You are Such an Amazing Creator! ThankYou for All You Make for Us!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Test Subject
#95 Old 20th May 2008 at 2:49 PM
Default Tots Sleep With Eyes Wide Open
I know I'm late in the game on testing this bed, but I have finally done it. The toddler's sleeping positions have some errors as far as how their body lays on the bed and even during their side sleeping position, they will hang off of the bed. Also, the toddlers sleep with their eyes wide open. I took 3 screen shots for you.

Thanks again for all the stuff you create to make our Simmie's lives more real!
Scholar
Original Poster
#96 Old 20th May 2008 at 9:20 PM
It is actually better to have the toddlers on the right side of the bed. The eyes open is from the EA animations, and actually we currently can't do facial animations with MilkShape. Sorry!

I am working on this to make the bedding work. I do have a version the the bedding is working but it isn't quite right.
Test Subject
#97 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 9:36 AM
rebecah, this bed is so wonderful!! I made myself a household with 8 toddlers just to play with it :-)
Stupid thing is - the toddlers refuse to share the bed with their sibblings and I just can't figure out how to raise their relationships to the point that they will. Would You know how to go about it or just what the threshold relationship would be? For now I'm simply juggling their energy levels because I flatly refuse to let go of these beds! :-)

Thank You so much for Your wonderful work!
Scholar
Original Poster
#98 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 3:30 PM
I use insimenator and the pink balloon to adjust their relationships to each other. My 2 toddler sofa will also raise their relationships. You can find one of them here:

http://hideki.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=255620
Test Subject
#99 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 8:52 AM
Hello Rebecah!
Thank you for your response. Being a Mac user the insimenator doesn't work for me. However, I just found a way to make them friends using the toy box. Since the first one to play will sit right in front of the box I either move the box (move_objects on) or make them drop the first toy and go for a second one. Two toddlers playing with two toys from the same toy box at the same time will boost their relationship like a charm :-) Doesn't seem to work for more than two at a time though.

Now I got to run and try that 2 toddler sofa of yours!
Thank you again and have a great day!,
gremberg
Test Subject
#100 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 12:45 AM
Yeah... I tried to have my toddler sleep on that, and the game wouldn't let him and it started glowing blue. Has that happened to anyone else?

The adults can use it, though.
Page 4 of 5