Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-New Defaults for NPCs!- Maid, Newspaper, Repo/Extermy, School Uniforms, Nanny, ...

by Phaenoh Posted 15th Nov 2007 at 11:40 PM - Updated 8th Sep 2008 at 5:51 AM by Phaenoh

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
#26 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deckmaster
And this is an improvement because??

That's just plain rude.
If you don't like it, make your own. If you don't know how, don't complain about what's given to you.

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Theorist
#27 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 6:32 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Quote: Originally posted by Deckmaster
And this is an improvement because??

Because I said so!

:D

Love the defaults, Hirm, Would It be possibal to attatch some of the Teens Jeens or Trousers to the Jumper, Bag and Shirt? I can't say Anyone in England wears shorts, Even In Summer (But our summer was C*ap so Yea!)

Love them! And got them all! woot!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 7:29 PM
Starting to sound like I need to do a mesh replacement on the newspaper kid and the mail person, longer pants. Much interest in that?
Field Researcher
#29 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 8:03 PM
Definite interest in that, Phaenoh.

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 3:21 AM
Yes, definite interest! Long pants would be a great improvement for the both groups. The mail carriers really need a jacket for winter weather; even a light one like the pizza delivery types wear would be better than the short sleeves!

More of my work can be found @
Sims2Artists.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 11:23 AM
These are quite nice! I don't have BV so I guess my ladies will have to remain the same, but I'm very appreciative of these! I am also having a hard time deciding on the school uniform. I like them all! Thank you

Edited to add: I too would love long pants! And I think the green outfit is very nice. I love green

---> Do your part <---
Support a free site today
Field Researcher
#32 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 9:20 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 1st Mar 2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
I loveeeeee youre default replacements! i seriously have almost all of them.

this one was amazing because of the freaking ugly clothing my npcs had.

now you prettiafiyed them! <333

but ive had a problem downloading some files in male maid didnt show up, nanny wouldnt even let me wizard them into my folder, and a few girl uniforms didnt show up either. you should check up on that.

oh and the new maid would be such a lovely idea! take your time, and make em amazin'

we can all wait.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 9:50 PM
Try not using Q-Express. Also, make sure you only place one of each in your downloads folder. Most of them have a few different versions so they clash with themselves if you try to use more than one.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 8:24 AM
Bravo! I've been wanting these ugly clothes converted for along time but no mesher did it, and believe me i'm NO mesher (you should just see my Sims 1 outfits =X). Too bad i can't download them now. =\ Oh well i'll download them later on. Thank you anyways! :D

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Field Researcher
#35 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 3:25 PM
Oh WOW!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
I especially love the paper delivery replacements, since I have to see them every single day. These are SO much better!!
(I'd also be very interested in pants for them!)

I love all the other goodies too. I feel positively gleeful!! Did I mention "thank you"??
Test Subject
#36 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Is my forest green worse than yellow and lime green?!!?! I didn't want blue because Maxis has over used blue, and red seemed to bright for the paper, I chose green because I was thinking that the green jacket was for recycling or being 'green'. We recycle or compost those newspapers when we are done with them anyways, why not reflect that?

To me YES the forest green is way worse , Maxis overuse green as it is but i prefer happy bright colours to drab greens .
Theorist
#37 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 7:11 PM Last edited by PETCHY14 : 19th Nov 2007 at 7:21 PM.
Starting to sound like I need to do a mesh replacement on the newspaper kid and the mail person, longer pants. Much interest in that?

100% Interested.
and Mabey some on the others too, (who wears shirts with belly-button high trousers? Simon Cowel? :D)

*Hint-itiy Hint*

EDIT

Oh, Celestra, I don't think Thats Green is Overused (But Blue is!). If you think they are, you could look at these, by Amymercury1.

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 10:18 PM
Well Celestra, I'm sorry you feel that way, I can't please everyone but I try. If you have simpe, you can open up my newspaper kid package and edit the textures to make them blue or red or bright orange for your own game.
Test Subject
#39 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 4:59 PM
I've never been one to comment on people's stuff, only hitting the thanks button. But like... your descriptions are totally hilarious. xD I love what you did with the defaults. They're awesome! I didn't really mind the blue school uniform for boys, but OMG I love how the red uniform looks. It's totally snazzy and high-class. :D

And rofl @ your credits. xD
Actually, a couple of my teen Sims were arguing about the uniforms. :/ Raito wanted the red ones because red makes him feel superior, but L insisted they looked just fine in dark blue/black. So Raito, being the snobby rich boy, stole enough money from his parents' accounts to buy enough uniforms for his school.
THANKS A LOT, YOU BAD INFLUENCE. D: xD
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 5:14 PM
Chii downloads, gotta love em....Or not in my case. *pulls hair out*

A female maid set that requires BV? Nooooooooooooooo. *snaps fingers*
Everything else, pretty good. Just that the new newspaper uniform throws me off. Pants should Definitely be longer.

I don't know about everyone else, but usually when my children go to a private school, they all get the same uniform, never changing. I'd love to see it switch around without having to go to the store just to buy em.

And now to try downloading again....I really hate chii - I know y'all don't have a choice where the files go. It's just that I have issues with anything that comes from chii. Last two months have been.... infuriating when dealing with chii. And they say "Chi"i is supposed to be good, lol. *W*

†© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 6:01 PM
Ok, I'm getting too many posts about my upcoming BV Maid, I need to straighten a few things out. Yes, there will be a version that requires BV, and I will also be doing one for Mr.Maid as well. HOWEVER, I will also be making atleast 2 versions that are BASEGAME. So chill everybody, I know how to take care of you! ;-)

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 1:22 PM
2 versions? Yaaay.

Know how to take care of us, eh? Now that's a mighty big claim ya got there. *pick pick* (set yourself up ya know)

retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 4:56 PM
I'm pretty darn sure I can claim that because I don't try to replace them all at once. If I thought my versions were the best in the world and you would all love them, I'd make one post that has all my replacement clothes for everything in one package. It would be all or nothing. I know better than that. Thats why I try to separate my clothes replacements as much as possible and try to give you different options. Case in point, the Mr.Maid packages, there are atleast 6 different arrangements/replacements. I wouldn't dream that everyone wants the same thing for their game, so I made each one of those.

My only thing right now is I'm a bit short for time, school is murder at the moment, and sadly I'm still having no luck finding a job, so cash is also at a premium. If I had no cares in the world I'd finish up those other maid replacements right now and you'd have them in your game by the end of the week. Unfortunately, I'm in a bit of a rough spot right now so sim modding isn't really at the top of my list. Now for a bit of shameless advertising. I've updated my SimStore, there are lots of great goodies there and I get a part of the purchase price, so head over there (link in my signature) and take a look. Maybe add them to your Christmas List?
Theorist
#44 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 5:24 PM
Now for a bit of shameless advertising. I've updated my SimStore, there are lots of great goodies there and I get a part of the purchase price, so head over there (link in my signature) and take a look. Maybe add them to your Christmas List?

You SO need more bags on there! Oh, and those books, Mabey some of those? :D
Don't wory, Your not being forced into this modding buisness, Take your time, I know I do! (I'm not the only one, Trust me: *Yes I'm looking at you!*[Not you Phaenoh, Some-one Elce... Muwahaahaha])

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 8:44 PM
Unless my store does more business, I can't upgrade to the one that allows me to put different images on the same items. That version costs money per month and I've sold 2 things making $6 over 5 months. Can't add more bags or books. I do plan on rotating images if they don't seem to be popular however!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 24th Nov 2007 at 11:07 PM
Can't help ya much there, Phaenoh...I myself already live on a budget. Hard enough to save up money as is. Up to my ears in bills too.. I hate bills. Then again, who doesn't? lol.

Test Subject
#47 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 12:39 AM
Hey. I downloaded these but they're not showing up. I downloaded alot of your other ones too. Whay aren't they working? I have it on: MyComputer/C:/ProgramFiles/EaGames/TheSims2BonVoyage/TSData/Res/Catalog/Bins/PhaenohDefultReplacments Why is it not working?
Test Subject
#48 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 7:15 AM
You are so awesome. I have nearly all of your replacement sets. Thank you for putting so much time and effort into making the Sims' world a prettier place. ::worships.::

And, for the record, I think it's a very nice green. Those who complain about it should go make their own, instead of being rude.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amslayton0
Hey. I downloaded these but they're not showing up. I downloaded alot of your other ones too. Whay aren't they working? I have it on: MyComputer/C:/ProgramFiles/EaGames/TheSims2BonVoyage/TSData/Res/Catalog/Bins/PhaenohDefultReplacments Why is it not working?
Because thats not where they go! Only files that change the which type of clothing something is goes there. Everything else needs to be in your downloads folder.
Test Subject
#50 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 9:20 PM
Because thats not where they go! Only files that change the which type of clothing something is goes there. Everything else needs to be in your downloads folder.

Oh! :D
Page 2 of 4