Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Illusions" Animated Weather Windows and Doors

by JWoods Posted 29th Jul 2005 at 2:19 AM - Updated 23rd Aug 2005 at 7:02 PM by JWoods

72 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 6:32 PM
Yeah, my date on CEP is March 14. Hmm, weird.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:34 PM
sorry it wont let me edit above message.
I reinstalled them and they now flash a bright pink, and the wondows show up as the long single window this time and not the one shown in your pics as they did the first time I installed. Made sure I have latest CEP. Do not have uni.
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:36 PM
Do the folks here that are having problems have university installed?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:39 PM
I do not have UNI.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#30 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JWoods
Do the folks here that are having problems have university installed?

I have University installed, Jack. I have no problems with these doors and windows.
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#31 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 8:27 PM
If you are having trouble with the "weather window" showing up pink in game please down load the "Weather Window V2". There is a different package name and GUID so it will not mess anything up in your game..
It is not made into the repository item yet until verified it works for all.

Thanks for your help folks...

Daysies please try this version as well, TY..
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 9:19 PM Last edited by simplydownloadaholic : 29th Jul 2005 at 9:26 PM.
Ok I downloaded V2 Here is what it shows:
It's showing up in buy mode as same small window but with proper animated glass, put on wall it is showing up as the long single window with small window above it and no animations. The 1st version is now showing up on wall as the long single pane window clear glass, no animations.
Tried to edit my above post but it said delete or cancel as only options so I am sorry.

Oh now it will let me edit of course.LOL
WAS I SUPPOSE TO DELETE THE 1st one before I did v2?
Maybe it's my blondeness
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JWoods
If you are having trouble with the "weather window" showing up pink in game please down load the "Weather Window V2". There is a different package name and GUID so it will not mess anything up in your game..
It is not made into the repository item yet until verified it works for all.

Thanks for your help folks...

Daysies please try this version as well, TY..

This one worked! Yea!! Will there be another one for the rain window?
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#34 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 9:34 PM
All files have been reworked... Please remove the old "WeatherWindow (snow)" and overwrite the existing door and recolors (rain and storm).

Thanks for your inquiries...

NOTE: Diagonal will show up as the long maxis window until I create the diagonal versions of the door and window, this is not a bug...
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 9:37 PM
Oh thats why it was different! Thank you for redoing these!
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 9:44 PM
Your very welcome and TY for alerting me. Please verify all packages work (if they do... LOL).

Thanks
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 9:56 PM
They all work now! Thank you for taking the time to update the files!! They are awesome!
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#38 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by subwolley
They all work now! Thank you for taking the time to update the files!! They are awesome!

Awe... I would never leave you all "hanging"... Hopefully "Simplydownloadaholic" will verify the same results.

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 10:20 PM
You are soo awesome!!...Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent with everyone.
Test Subject
#40 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 10:47 PM
Check it out!
I've added a screenshot! A cozy night out on the town:
Screenshots
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#41 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 11:00 PM
Works perfectly now, thanks tons !!!!!
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#42 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 3:46 AM
Added diagonal versions for the "Weather Window" and "Weather Door". You MUST re-download and intall both versions over the old straight and diagonal. The Diagonal versions are included in the main rar for each.

LyricLee: Glad thats solved... :D

Subwolley: Great screener...
Test Subject
#43 Old 30th Jul 2005 at 3:52 AM
Yep, works now. Thanks for helping me.
Test Subject
#44 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simplydownloadaholic
My problem is not flashing, but the glass of the window is pink and stays that way upon putting on a wall. I will redownload and see if that helps. I have the latest CEP.

Same here and I have the latest CEP. *sigh*
Banned
#45 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 10:44 AM
Great i will test them out today and good work.
Scholar
#46 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 12:25 PM
was having the same problem as others re the pink glass. i was assuming it was my crap graphics card but redownloaded and all looks ok so far in a house with no sims in it
glass doesn't look animated but i guess its because i am still in build/buy mode.?
will test in play mode later
Mesh Maestro
Original Poster
#47 Old 31st Jul 2005 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anelca
was having the same problem as others re the pink glass. i was assuming it was my crap graphics card but redownloaded and all looks ok so far in a house with no sims in it
glass doesn't look animated but i guess its because i am still in build/buy mode.?
will test in play mode later

Yes, you must be in "Live Mode" to see the animation.

Anelca: Did you download the new (fixed) versions?

Reading is the key to all knowledge, math is the key to everything.
Scholar
#48 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 4:24 AM
yes i got the new ones as the old ones were pink. still need to play in live mode though to check out animations :D
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 7:23 AM
Default Thank You
I will give these a try, I have a very low graphics card so lets see if they show up pink or etc. on me then you will know its that.
I did notice that my skins were not showing up good until I changed my settings in my graphics in the game itself, so maybe thats why. Thank You again. You are so good at this. I stared for hours at your animated paintings. LOL Those are fun to have.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 8:05 AM Last edited by veronasky : 1st Aug 2005 at 8:16 AM.
oh wow! this is just...perfect! this idea is so fantastic. kudos, kudos kudos!
Page 2 of 3