Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vegetarian Food Replacements

by gwillewyn Posted 20th Jan 2006 at 11:59 PM - Updated 22nd Jan 2006 at 2:11 PM by gwillewyn

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 120 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
#76 Old 17th May 2006 at 2:18 PM
Default vege alternatives
thank you so much for this. i'm a vegetarian so it's kewl that my sims now also have the alternative. 8)
Test Subject
#77 Old 21st May 2006 at 4:51 AM
This is absolutely awsome! I love getting variety into my sim's lives! I'm so glad to get some non-meat meals into my game as well! But I was wondering, would it be possible to make the set not override the defaults? Can I do that myself?
Test Subject
#78 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 4:44 PM
Good job! Finally my Sims can actually have some foods that I don't get mad about when they eat it. :D

No one knows
Test Subject
#79 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 1:46 AM
Thanks alot! Now i dont have to feel guilty when my sims eat food. Lol
BeN
Test Subject
#80 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 4:10 AM Last edited by Faris : 20th Jun 2006 at 6:16 AM.
My older sister is vegetarian,I respect her choice , so I will choose to make The Sims 2 more real...
Thanks.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 4:34 PM
Its a lovely mod and long overdue, I'm a vegan and that narrow selection of foodstuffs provided in PC version of the Sims2 irritates me, its a shame they didn't opt for the console idea they created of taking ingredients to make up meals because that at least gave some flexibility.
Test Subject
#82 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 12:31 PM
This is great! I always hated making my sims eat meat since I'm such a strict vegetarian. Now I can be happy. :-)
Test Subject
#83 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 3:30 PM
*cough* as a veggie i say YAY!!! Domo aragato! ^_^ but i have one suggestion: in stead of Tofu Turkey you should have put *drum roll* Tofurkey! (its really great stuff belive me it is!) but its great! thanks thanks thanks! :p

if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the headsman,
and make the drop, with a smile on your lips.
-Robert Jordan
Test Subject
#84 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 4:01 AM
I would love to download your foods but I dont think I want to replace all of my foods! Is there some way that you can make these downloads without replacing the original foods????PLEASE!!!!!

~*Suki Blue*~
Test Subject
#85 Old 22nd Jul 2006 at 6:18 AM
I'm vegan!

This rawks. Thanks!
Test Subject
#86 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 6:13 PM
I'm downloading right now! Thanks a million. ^_^
Test Subject
#87 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 6:05 PM
Hello, being vegetarian I'm really grateful for this!

However, I can't get it to work. I've unzipped it to my downloads folder, yet I'm still getting the original (meaty) foods that came with the game when I click on the fridge.

Any reason for this?
Field Researcher
#88 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 3:42 AM
yes! thankyouthankyouthankyou! now my simmies can be veggies too!

Test Subject
#89 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 11:58 AM Last edited by Mantra : 17th Sep 2006 at 12:11 PM.
I downloaded this too and nothing shows up in the game
Test Subject
#90 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 7:08 AM
I installed this in my downloads folder and it does not show up at all. I know I'm doing it right because the other foods I downloaded work. Can anyone help me?
Test Subject
#91 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 9:24 AM
You..... are my hero. This could be the coolest thing in the sim world since sliced bread. I :lovestruc you. This will be a godsend for my veg-friendly story.
Test Subject
#92 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 8:02 PM
:gjob:
haha, the tofu turkey is fine. There is actually a product called Tofurky. well, it's like deli slices of "turkey," but hey. it works. I've been looking for something like this for a while. I'm vegan and all the meals look good to me, so don't worry about them being too general or anything. :P
Test Subject
#93 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 1:13 AM
When I installed Pets, I lost this download somewhere, even though I had removed the Downloads folder, then replaced it after the install. I'm going to download it again and see if it works. Just to give you the heads up!
Test Subject
#94 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 6:22 PM
Hey, I just wanted to say thanks even though my download didn't work because I was able to use the textures to make my own...and remesh some too...so thanks for the meal ideas, encouragement to make my own food, and pictures!
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 10:15 PM
Just out of curiosity, if you were to change these items GUIDs in SimPE, would they still overwrite the original food files that they were meant to replace, or would they now become a new option?

Biggest wishes for TS3:
Wider variety of harvestables and crops from TS1 & TS2 returning to the game
Wider variety of foods
More gems/metals/rocks/ore
Test Subject
#96 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shard
I actualy know someone that made Tofu Turkey, shaped it like one and everything lol.

like a toferky? great!!! ty for the upload!!!
Test Subject
#97 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 12:40 AM Last edited by ferrylatte214 : 6th Feb 2007 at 12:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Quote: Originally posted by tabooo
i'm vegetarian! thanks a lot. XD

i have been i vegan for to weeks now!
VEGETARIANS UNITE!
Test Subject
#98 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 2:57 AM
Sweet! This goes great with my real-life vegetarian lifestyle.
Test Subject
#99 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 10:22 PM
Yes!! I'm a vegetarian and I was getting so tired of making my sims eat meat! Thank you!
Test Subject
#100 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 1:24 PM
im Vegetarian and proud of it and im so happy that some won has finly done it
Page 4 of 6