Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Testers Wanted" Trashed Set **Dewshine now reigns 06-18-2007**

by DumBblOndE Posted 15th Jan 2005 at 11:30 PM - Updated 18th Jun 2007 at 11:22 PM by DumBblOndE

703 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 698 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 22 of 29
Instructor
#526 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 3:42 PM
wow this set is great thanks
Forum Resident
#527 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 6:23 PM Last edited by dewshine : 26th Mar 2005 at 10:11 PM.
illusion68, please go back a few pages and read them. you will find a post that explaines what is Ep ready and what is not (I even list which pages/posts to look for).

My reason for poping in today is to bring you a fugly-looking redistall toilet and a dirty urinal (I just used the dirty state graphics to make the urinal look bad...so the urinal won't have a different dirty state, but sims will treat the it as dirty when it is). Also I have submitted 4 wooden deck stairs (modular) recolors...In the correct place to do so...Look here....
Again you will need Numenor's recolorable wooden stairs from here....

Also I added two more rusty stairs based on the holysmoke stairs in the recolor thread for them.

So now I give you pics so you can see what I've done... (and yes they are EP ready....made with simPE32!)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  trashedbathroomaddons_dewshine.rar (72.2 KB, 350 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#528 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 1:33 AM
Wow thanks dewshine, those toilets are craptastic.. or craptacular?.. crap dimbly umtious..

uhh these are supposed to be praises.. just incase my crappy wording didnt get it right :P

I like the stairs too.. but alas no crap on them..

DB aka Dukie Brown
Forum Resident
#529 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 9:50 AM Last edited by dewshine : 28th Mar 2005 at 2:47 AM. Reason: Adding a collection file
LOL, DB! :D

I'm glad the stairs are liked. I found another little something I wanted --so instead of asking and begging and hoping-- I did it myself. Now I see little flaws, but hey I'm still learning and people may like them anyhow...so I recolored Echo's wading pool. And posted them in the new mesh recolors forum. some of my ten recolors are trashy...And I'm gonna make more, because I had fun making them. If you want these recolors you have to download echo's original mesh (there's a link to follow in the first post of the thread).

Oh, if you want the recolors you can get them here! :cata:

Here's a pic.

PS. Anyone want more stairs? Hey, where is that suggestion list?....I know it's in this thread somewhere *digs in to stack of 20+pages looking for a single post* I'll find it ~ eventually, LOL

PPS. Okay, some kind soul wanted a urinal for his residental prison (hey I wanted to use a urinal for my garbage dump shack)....
I made a Collection file (goes into the collections folder) with the following items:
Urinal
all the community food displays (I know its been done before but I'm going to recolor them!)
cheap clothing racks (I know its been done before but I'm going to recolor them, too!)
register (ditto...recolor if possible)
and Brassex's medieval food cart parts (you will need his meshes found here ) for them to show up. I'm hoping for permission to recolor the set with a weathered/ trashy look for this set, because what's a junk yard without a farmer's market?....and a thrift store!
(if Brassex says "no" to recoloring I'll make a new collection without his cart parts...)Just an update. I got a yes! So anyhow now I have to enable them to recolor... isn't Brassex a sweety?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  trashedcommunitytoresidental.rar (2.3 KB, 129 downloads)
Test Subject
#530 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 7:18 AM
Ok please read this. The trashed set is undoubtly one of the coolest projects for the Sims 2. But we are missing something. Barbed Wire Fence! You know the trashy little log posts with the rusted barb wire wrapped around it. If its possible, let me know plz!
Forum Resident
#531 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 1:46 PM
Sorry, we can't do fences....
As has been explained countless other times, fences are more like walls than objects. I've seen no recolors of them, and only a few fence-like objects (usually cloned collumns). What you are asking for is beyond current ability I fear.
Lab Assistant
#532 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 6:04 AM
Oh well. Too bad. Can't wait 'til pets come along. Imagine a mangy, smelly dog attatched to a log or somethin'. All we can do is trash the stuff that we've already got. Yay! Good enough for me. Keep up the wonderful work.
Test Subject
#533 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 8:29 AM
I hope you're not being a smartass, saying "too bad" It was just an idea.
Field Researcher
#534 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 10:20 AM
This set really is great. You did a huge job and I guess there have been not only hours to create all this... Thank you very much for sharing this with us!
Forum Resident
#535 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 2:00 PM Last edited by dewshine : 29th Mar 2005 at 6:24 PM. Reason: Adding to post instead of making a new one...
cdawg871, There is a barricade like object the Brassex has made for his medieval fair, I am trying (struggling) to make it enabled for color options as I'd love to take it, trash out the wood and loop barb-wire around it. As I've said countless times I'm new to SimPE so it may take a while unless the hero of CEP (numenorer) happens to spot that there's a problem and swoops in to help. But I'm trying. It won't be exactly like what you are asking for but it will be closer than what we currently have.

In the interm....because I had to take a break from banging my head against the keyboard...I offer you all some additional trashed items. Once again I recolored a new mesh, this time it's Boblishman's cooker hood...and you can them in the new mesh recolor forum (Cooker hood recolors). Don't forget that you need his original to have the recolors show in your game.

I'm also offering up a trashed metal kettle BBQ, a trashed drum set (skin and rims fully seperate, mix and match), and a communial shower.
Everything was made with SimPE v.33 and is EP ready.
Here are some pics: :D
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  trashedstuffbydewshine.rar (302.7 KB, 257 downloads)
Test Subject
#536 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 8:13 PM
That would be awesome. Thanks for telling me. NIce recolours! Like the drums.
Forum Resident
#537 Old 30th Mar 2005 at 4:56 AM Last edited by dewshine : 30th Mar 2005 at 3:17 PM. Reason: adding pictures
Quote: Originally posted by Bink13y
we love doing this stuff, but we need well thought out ideas to work from. Come up with specific ideas and we will may try and tackel it, if it's at all doable. The sillier the better!

Heres some ideas for helarious trashy things i have no idea how to do:
A Panhandeler Career
a cardboard fridge carton house
buyable roaches
a way to recolor pool water to make it green and slimey
a mangy matress on the floor as a bed
a mangy folup cot as same

Some will require new meshes, but will give you starter ideas of trashy stuff that can be used.

Well I haven't discovered anything that will do this. I did find a way to alter the script files to make additional pool options, however several people have reported problems with their walls vanishing after the files are altered, so scratch that idea.....I can see no way of doing the floor of a pool at this time. And I think a hack to make pool water green and slimy would make all water green and slimy (slimy piss anyone? An alge bath? LOL). I did find a tutorial on changing pool walls. here's a link. http://mikeinside.modthesims2.com/b...lour/index.html

I'll build a pool and try to recolor it and post pics tomorrow...At least we can have a pool with dirty walls...

The cardboard fridge carton house ...find a set of really good graphics and make walls, floors, and doors out of them. I think windows are even possible using newsprint made transparent and numenor's broken glass tutorial. not perfect but an idea.

You want roaches? buy the fruit barrel, place it inside and let the sims party....Within days of the item going empty you will have roaches. remember to not place a garbage can nearby so that the sims leave their cups on the floor.

bed animations currently are set up in the air, and I'm not sure if they can be lowered. If a matress on the floor becomes possible the aminations might not line up correctly. There is a mesh for a "loft" bed which is a floating matress with no frame. It is based on the metal bunk beds made for the prison set. It can be found in the new meshes forum.

The cot is a great idea. I'd love to see that happen. For now I'm using the iron bed for the prison set.

I would try the script editing for the pool if I could find out where the game stores the names it uses to reference wall and floor textures internally. SimPE (opening the wall and floor packages) has file names but I don't think that's the same thing....

Anyhow here are the screen caps of the pool I built using the tutorial and maxis's university moldy walls. I used the moldy floor tiles around the pool but couldn't alter the pool floor...so perhaps I could edit the script file for the pools to add additional floors but keep the existing wall pattern? Then we could use the mikeinside tutorial to change the walls.
Screenshots
#538 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 1:05 AM
Hey! I can't wait to use this set, but I'm not sure what to do with the rar files.... my computer doesn't know how to open them!
Forum Resident
#539 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 2:19 AM
doombubbles, get winrar. or one of another zillion programs that will open .rar files. all they are is an additional compression utility like .zip files.
Public Enema #2
#540 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 4:46 AM
He he he, looks like poor dewshine is stuck running the Trashed Set
*thinks about maybe making poo stained bathroom tiles* :D
#541 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dewshine
doombubbles, get winrar. or one of another zillion programs that will open .rar files. all they are is an additional compression utility like .zip files.

Duh! Thanks I feel silly now. <3
Lab Assistant
#542 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 8:52 AM
Hey, Binkl3y, are you making any more stuff? Your earlier stuff was awesome. But Dewshine might not be stuck to the 'trashed' theme. Anyway, I love all the work that has been posted. I wish I was good enough to post my own work.
Public Enema #2
#543 Old 31st Mar 2005 at 2:05 PM
Hay don't give us that "i'm not talented enough" line. This is the TRASHED SET! were not making Rembrants here :D

I loved doing the icons of Whitetrashdom Sims, but ran totaly dry on new ideas. Was hoping our crazed bodymeshers would dare to post a super fat sim so i could try making a mumu...
Forum Resident
#544 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bink13y
Hay don't give us that "i'm not talented enough" line. This is the TRASHED SET! were not making Rembrants here :D

I loved doing the icons of Whitetrashdom Sims, but ran totaly dry on new ideas. Was hoping our crazed bodymeshers would dare to post a super fat sim so i could try making a mumu...

Blink, have you ever seen/read/heard about Lily Tomlin's one woman play? She has a character who is a baglady in it. With a tinfoil hat. Now that's something our set doesn't have.... her name's Trudy... here's a picture.

I happen to really like this theme, so I'll keep adding...even if it is only links as much of my recolors are new meshes.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#545 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 6:18 PM
Dewshine....The urinal works great in the residential Lot. I can't thankyou enough!!
Lab Assistant
#546 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 1:10 AM
Awesome
I gotta admitt this is so COOL!Right to my sims game with my unclean sim!

Thank you soo much!

Quote:
it's the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody sees but you

~*Cheyenne*~
Test Subject
#547 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 4:09 AM
Dewshine, how is the barricade goins on? If you look at the obstacle course for the military career award there is barbedwire on the side of it along the bottom. Just an idea to get barbed wire.
Forum Resident
#548 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 4:21 AM Last edited by dewshine : 3rd Apr 2005 at 4:27 AM.
cdawg871, I got the barricade enabled!
Thanks for asking. Now I can graphicly add the wire image, and I think it might look cool to use some type of alpha layer... other options for a 3-d look will take mesh editing. I could ask Brassex if he'd add the wire to his object, but I don't know if he would.
Oh and that's a great tip, you have a sharp eye. I'll check it out.
Public Enema #2
#549 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 11:06 AM
two new additions to the Icons of WhiteTrasdom series, Bubba & Skeeter. basicaly there using a new trashing tecnique and have dirty face and body alpha channels. they look like they have been mucking out the barn.

I uploaded them to the Trashed Skins Set and there awating aprovial.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#550 Old 3rd Apr 2005 at 6:05 PM
cool, blink.
Page 22 of 29