Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED 01/18/05: Pregnancy4All mod enabled Same-Sex couples and teens

by LaserArcSims Posted 16th Nov 2004 at 8:25 AM - Updated 14th Oct 2008 at 8:21 PM by Christy1077

668 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 656 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 27
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 2:26 AM
This would be truly a new and interesting twist for the game. I have same-sex couples and the abduction only has one person listed as family. That is probably the most annoying in that. Not to mention the family tree of that kid is connected to all alien kids, making a very LARGE web.

I open my eyes and look to the blue sky. One day I'll have the wings I need to fly away from here.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 4:34 AM
Male sims can't get abducted by aliens in real life and come back pregnant, but I don't hear anyone complaining about how that's not realistic. Sounds like a double standard to me. Like, it's ok for an alien male to impregnate another male in the game, but if two male sims that are in love woohoo and get pregnant, then it's not ok.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 6:22 AM
ok correct me if iam wrong but i may havea solution you know how you can use sim enhancer to get teen simspregnant by making thema adult and then making them back intoa teen couldnt you ask permisson and get those same animations from there and then turn it intoa object?

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#29 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by adammc80
Male sims can't get abducted by aliens in real life and come back pregnant, but I don't hear anyone complaining about how that's not realistic.

That's because that's obviously NOT intended to be realistic. You can't criticize a feature that was never intended to be close to reality, since we don't know how aliens function in reality.

Quote: Originally posted by adammc80
Sounds like a double standard to me. Like, it's ok for an alien male to impregnate another male in the game, but if two male sims that are in love woohoo and get pregnant, then it's not ok.

Yeah, actually, that *IS* a double standard: *ALIENS* are not expected to behave by the same rules as *HUMANS*. I think it's a perfectly reasonable double standard. :P

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 9:06 AM
Well, I for one wish you luck LaserArcSims. Breeding is the most fun aspect of the Sims2 for me. More options is always better.

To answer that one post up there about the teen meshes and birthing. No, they don't show pregnancies by getting fatter. Yes, they do everything else, from puke to waddle to give birth.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#31 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 9:32 AM
I would prefer that sims could kill other sims rather than breed but meh - each to their own :D

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Forum Resident
#32 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 10:25 AM
Man .... this can result in the decrease of males.

Because female's sex chromosome is XX, female + female can only reproduce female.

Only Male (XY) + Male, however, can reproduce both (3/4 chance)male and (1/4) female (if YY = male).

Even with many other &quot;normal&quot; couple, it will lead to the decrease of males.

(Although I do recognize that a male can make all females in town pregnant.)
[ Edited 17-11-2004 10:27AM ]

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 10:44 AM
Seems our resident rodent has a violence fetish.
Make offerings of cheese and wine to her before she eats your young !dodge

Heh, it would be interesting to see what my sims would do if they could kill each other. Knowing how stupid my sims seem to be one of them would somehow drop an A-Bomb and destroy the whole neighborhood. After watching one of your relatives fry, and die, how much sense does it take to not kick the gnome?
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 10:58 AM
hmm, a double Y genome, a third gender?
I don't want to think about it, I'd rather see some tests with a gene splicer done in real life first.
Then again, there's all the ethics to deal with first on whether it's right to bring a maximum of four children into the world just for morbid curiousity.

You may have squirrelled a nut once in your life, but you have never nutted a squirrel.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LaserArcSims
Okay, the option is there, but there is another check somewhere else that I've got to find. With the Teens, when you try to do &quot;Try for Baby&quot; nothing happens (at least it doesn't cause any problems like popping them out of bed) so I'm trying to track down where this secondary check is.

With an Adult female/female couple tried it several (actually quite a lot of) times and they do do the &quot;WooHoo&quot; but there hasn't been any &quot;Baby Music&quot; so no pregnancy yet. Will keep looking for the check that obviously is not being triggered in this.

In any case, if a female teen does get pregnant, it will be an &quot;invisible&quot; pregnancy - there are no &quot;pregnant&quot; meshes for a teen - found that out by using SimPE to treat a Teen as an Adult.

Would be nice if someone at Maxis would release a code listing so we wouldn't have to figure this all out on our own. If they don't want to do the work to create the tools for us to do custom content/mods then they ought to be nice and give us the file types and definitions!

have you made this hack id love to try it...

Forum Resident
#36 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LaserArcSims
Okay, the option is there, but there is another check somewhere else that I've got to find. With the Teens, when you try to do &quot;Try for Baby&quot; nothing happens (at least it doesn't cause any problems like popping them out of bed) so I'm trying to track down where this secondary check is.

With an Adult female/female couple tried it several (actually quite a lot of) times and they do do the &quot;WooHoo&quot; but there hasn't been any &quot;Baby Music&quot; so no pregnancy yet. Will keep looking for the check that obviously is not being triggered in this.

In any case, if a female teen does get pregnant, it will be an &quot;invisible&quot; pregnancy - there are no &quot;pregnant&quot; meshes for a teen - found that out by using SimPE to treat a Teen as an Adult.

Would be nice if someone at Maxis would release a code listing so we wouldn't have to figure this all out on our own. If they don't want to do the work to create the tools for us to do custom content/mods then they ought to be nice and give us the file types and definitions!

have you made this hack id love to try it...

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat
I would prefer that sims could kill other sims rather than breed but meh - each to their own :D

I like the way your mind works...heheh
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 1:21 PM
This would be perfect for my Homotopia neighbourhood. Can I help with beta testing?

Why kill two birds with one stone when you can feed two birds with one scone.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 6:49 PM
Seems to me the easiest way to do this (I still haven't mastered any of this object hacking stuff, but...) would be to have some sort of hack to change the gender of the person (there was a hacked painting of some sort for the original game that did this...)

It should work, since I had one female sim with a romance aspiration. Using SimPE I told the system to &quot;treat as Male&quot;. This didn't change her appearance (though I couldn't plan new outfits or change appearance in a mirror without undesired results). I COULD change clothes that were already &quot;Planned&quot; though with no ill effects. The only somewhat disconcerting issue was that she had a male voice.

Then, I had her &quot;knock up&quot; several of the women I had around town. Once that was completed, I changed her back to a female in SimPE and all was good. Children came out as a nice mix between (both female) parents.

So, ideally, the hack would &quot;Make me Male&quot; and &quot;Make me Female&quot;. The sim would look at it, do the deed, then change back to normal.

I'm NOT certain how this would work with impregnating a male, though - since they CAN get pregnant though, I imagine that it would probably work just fine...

X.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 8:02 PM
Okay, here is the version 0.2 of the Pregnancy4All mod. Included in the rar file is the altered version of the TeensGoneWild mod. Since I am using both mods, I tried to avoid a conflict between both mods by not adding the BHAV I changed in the TeensGoneWild mod to the Pregnancy4All mod - so you have to use both of them to get it all to work.

What does it do so far?

You can have an Adult Sim &quot;Try-for-Baby&quot; with any other Sim that Sim is in Love with. That includes Visiting Sims. The Visiting Sim will not get pregnant, but you can get your Sim pregnant by the Visiting Sim.

So far I have not isolated the problem with Teen Sims. They get the &quot;Try-For-Baby&quot; option, but will not do anything, yet.

I've tested it out for several hours. I was able to get a f/f couple to have a pregnancy and carried it to term. Then I was able to have each of those female Sims get pregnant by two Visiting Female Sims (definately using the no-jealousy-at-all mod to avoid complications )

Someone could try it out with male Sims, would be helpful.

Now, once in a while the Sims may jump out of bed while &quot;Relaxing&quot; together, so far I've found that if you attempt Relaxing together again, they don't jump out again.

[file=e107_files/public/2053_pregnancy4allv0.2.rar]2053_pregnancy4allv0.2.rar[/file]

Quote:
Where ever you go, there you are.

- Buckaroo Bonzai
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 9:05 PM
awesome. thanks. can't wait to give it a try.

I open my eyes and look to the blue sky. One day I'll have the wings I need to fly away from here.
#42 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 9:17 PM
[**Deleted because pregnancy disappeared**]
[ Edited 17-11-2004 09:47PM ]
Field Researcher
#43 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 9:31 PM
Making progress I see, good job
Test Subject
#44 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 11:27 PM
I gotta try this out, more fun.
Instructor
#45 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 11:35 PM
Will those work for elders too? Just curious. at any rate, thanks for doing this good job. There will always be some who want to do this and there are other methods of doing it, but this makes it a lot simpler, if a little odd.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 18th Nov 2004 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Motoki
Will those work for elders too? Just curious. at any rate, thanks for doing this good job. There will always be some who want to do this and there are other methods of doing it, but this makes it a lot simpler, if a little odd.

Ya, I did this because I have this distinct aversion to long load times, which Sims always has (though it is quicker than Sims 1, I'll give 'em that much), so I hate going in and out of the game, over and over.

Quote:

- Buckaroo Bonzai
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 18th Nov 2004 at 12:41 AM
Someone test it out on Elders, I think I may have opened it up for them to, accidentally.

What I'm doing is a really rough hack, IMHO. I'm just taking some of my very old knowledge of Fortran, Basic and Pascal with the old flow-charting programming method - which seems to be how these BHAVs work - and making it fall through the scripts to get what I want it to do.

This is rough, I know someone else will sooner or later come out with a much better, more consistant modding of the code and when they do, I wont think twice about pitching my shoddy work!

Quote:

- Buckaroo Bonzai
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Nov 2004 at 1:05 AM
Does it work for to men, women and elders out of curiosity.
p
Banned
#49 Old 18th Nov 2004 at 1:14 AM
Now, if 2 guys try for a baby, could BOTH get pregnant?
Test Subject
#50 Old 18th Nov 2004 at 4:36 AM
It works quite well for men. I thought it would only let one at a time get pregnant at first.. After about 6 woohoos Puck was pregnant, but Maart wasn't. When he came due, there were a heck of a lot of action boxed strung across the top of the screen--I though he was giving birth to 10 kids. But only two came out.

I tried again and this time Maart and Puck got on different woohoos. So, both members of a couple can now get preganant with woohoo. I think this is good in that it should allow even straight couple to swap genetics to the kids are a bit more different.

This is so much better than adoption. They usually get frog-mouthed beady-eyed sims when they adopt.

--

[img]e107_files/public/15204_babyhack.jpg[/img]
&lt;span class='smalltext'>[ 15204_babyhack.jpg ][/i]
Page 2 of 27