Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hacked Dresser NOW FOR SEASONS

by cathair2005 Posted 1st Sep 2005 at 2:12 PM - Updated 2nd Jul 2007 at 1:28 AM by cathair2005 : Update

153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 150 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Field Researcher
#26 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 11:35 PM
:taekwondo: Love it!

When this battle is over
I feel I will survive
In the battle of the dragon
No one walks away-S. Nicks
Forum Resident
#27 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 11:53 PM
This sounds great...I'll try it right away.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 1:33 AM Last edited by apacherose : 2nd Sep 2005 at 10:12 PM. Reason: update
I downloaded this dresser (the only hack in my game) and it crashed my game when I was using it in Uni. It worked, but each time I tried to go into the job panel for my sims, it crashed. Well, I don't know if it's safe to say that but my game wasn't crashing before I downloaded it and after i got rid of it everything was fine. Any ideas? I soo wanted to have this dresser, I hate having to "go out" to buy new clothes.

**I downloaded the dresser again and the same thing happened. Maybe my game is just crazy. :confused: anyway...good job on the dresser, For the little while that it worked for me, it was awesome.**
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 1:41 AM
The file is simpy called dresser.package which is probably the same name as the other dresser made by winter. Simply change the file name to something else and it should work.

I have no idea why the dresser would crash the game; it works with uni for me. But I'll look into it. Might be a conflicting GUID though I have registered the GUID so I don't really know...Maybe you could try it without the other downloads and see if it works.

I'll post a pic soon. I don't have paintshop on the computer at the moment, but will use an in game shot.

Also, it may not download because the site was down try again later. Gotta go and look after real life babies now lol. Thanks all for the feedback.
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 11:06 AM
Works Great!!!!!!
This dresser looks and works great! I also haven't had the problem with guest going to it like I did with the green dresser.

God Bless,
Danna Marie
Danna & Tonys Place
Scholar
#31 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 5:02 PM
Thanks for responding cathair2005. I did get the zip, and at this point I'm not even stressing about how it looks . I can always place it out of sight in it's own little room Now, I am going to checkout your other files! :D
Field Researcher
#32 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 9:51 PM
I just tried out your dresser and I love it, it is the bomb,

fianally a way to change toddlers clothes and even use the diapers. Awesome job and thanks
Forum Resident
#33 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 10:22 PM
Was it even possible to dress a toddler in a diaper before this? I've never figured out a way to dress a toddler in a diaper, and it seemed strange that there would be a underwear catergory for toddlers if you can't use it.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 3:43 AM
I don't know if I'm the only person having this problem but this dresser overwrites my Maxis one, the recolors are goen and when I use the Eyedropper in the game It refers me to your dresser not Maxis's.

Is this just me?

Thanks

BTW, This seems like a great hack, I would love to get this working in my game
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Macey246
I don't know if I'm the only person having this problem but this dresser overwrites my Maxis one, the recolors are goen and when I use the Eyedropper in the game It refers me to your dresser not Maxis's.

Is this just me?

Thanks

BTW, This seems like a great hack, I would love to get this working in my game

Which dresser do you try and click on with the eyedropper? It shouldn't overwrite or replace the Maxis one because it has its own individual GUID. I'll look into it and see if it does this for me. Has anybody else noticed this? Unless the GUID that I registered is also used by the game which is a possibility. I'll have a look now:
Field Researcher
#36 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 2:38 PM
I am having same problem, all of my recolors of the cherrywood dresser are gone since I installed yours, I have your with the * and one other one just like it without the *. I hated to lose all of my recolors of it but I love this hack so much that I guess I can live with that but just wanted to let you know that it is overwriting the other cherrywood dresser. thanks
Scholar
#37 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 2:51 PM
what fun! thanks
Forum Resident
#38 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 4:54 PM
It worked fine for me. No crashes, no overwriting other files. I love it! It's nice not having to make the slow trip downtown and spending a fortune on clothes. Plus, I like the fact that my sims don't even have to be in the room with the dresser to change.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 11:38 PM
Quote:
first posted by shortyboo No crashes, no overwriting other files

so you are saying that you had recolors of the cherrywood dresser and they have not been overwritten? I wonder why mine are then? :confused:
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 2:14 AM
:gidea: Thank you, thank you! This makes everything so much easier
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 3:14 AM Last edited by cathair2005 : 4th Sep 2005 at 3:26 AM.
DresserV2 should fix the problem where the other dresser of the same kind would not show up in the various colours. It should also fix the problem with the eyedropper going to the custom dresser when you click on a default one of the same kind. DresserV2 can be found at the very first page.
Test Subject
#42 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 4:34 AM
Love it, Mark! I am so glad to see you are creating again, your sims 1 stuff rocked.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mebain
Love it, Mark! I am so glad to see you are creating again, your sims 1 stuff rocked.

Thanks Mebain. It's good to see you again. Hopefully I'll make more stuff but I'm still learning. Oh well; there's always nightlife to play with (:
Field Researcher
#44 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 8:58 PM
thanks for the p.m. and thanks for fixing the dresser so quick. All of my recolors are showing up now. :clap:

Love your work and I enjoy your toddler mirror also.
Test Subject
#45 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 10:23 PM
Thanks nice idea i dont like to to hte commuity lot anyway Thanks
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th Sep 2005 at 10:35 PM
love it, can't wait to try it ouy
Test Subject
#47 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 7:06 AM
Can it be used without the EP?
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#48 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 4:51 PM
Jusr reporting back- Version 1 did overwrite the maxis one, however Ive downloaded version two and i can now pick the maxis one as well. This dresser is just fantastic. Ive wanted this for so long and I thank you for your hard work! Thanks soo much.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 12:59 PM
Sorry for the delay The new one doesn't overwrite anymore.

Thanks alot.. any chance of getting all the recolors into it?
Test Subject
#50 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 5:17 PM
:gidea: :thumb: :yippee:

I just used this in my game last night & I LOVE IT!!! No more having to buy that clothesrack for 3000, as well as the register & a counter.:jig: Plus, toddlers can now actually wear the clothes that you get for them.

Washu: "It's just as I suspected"
Ryoko: " what is it you suspected?"
Washu: "I suspected....your breasts are sagging!"
Page 2 of 7