Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Herman & Lily Munster

by XTS Posted 5th Oct 2005 at 6:18 AM - Updated 19th Dec 2022 at 7:59 AM by XTS : Update Links and information

68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 1:36 AM
Yes, I got it.. I've been fighting with a hanging bed (it's at the repair center as we speak) and a lamp with custom mesh (butterfly set) so I've been kinda busy. That's not counting real life issues and problems. lol.
I found it yesterday.. 2 of them. Thanked them and headed out.. I forgot to install the lots last night when I ran my test round.. I'm glad you mentioned it, with all that is going on, I'd forgotten I'd not installed it. :o
I like your message, take it easy, you'll get your kittens. lol. Makes me think of mine. "put the bunny back in the box" course he also says "you should've put the bunny back in the box" lol.
Who says yours? a person you know or off tv?
Herman and Lily working ok for you? They look GREAT in gray clothing.. due to their gray appearance. I love watching them in game.. I have one of Herman thinking of baby blocks lol.. (pic) Fitting, aye? Munsters are cool. Thanks for helping me find the hotrod..

:D
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 5:02 PM
Yea, my quote is Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, lol. In the episode, he is playing poker with some other demons for kittens instead of money, lol.
The Munsters do look great in the game...say I have never used that stretchskeleton cheat, do you just use it once and the sim stays that way?

'Take it easy, you'll get your kittens.'

'She just left. She didn't even care enough to cut off my head or set me on fire. I mean, is that too much to ask? You know? Some little sign that she cared?'
Field Researcher
#28 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 8:15 PM
Good sims!! They are very similar to the originals. Thanks XTS!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 1:16 AM
Pink: at ea's site under nightlife bugs thread, I saw a simmer with the same line in their post. Was that you? lol.. Exact same one. Stretchskeleton does not stick, unfortunately. But what I can say is you can do it anytime on them and if you have the insimenator, you can do it to your visitors by making them selectable, use the cheat and then unselect them.. Nice if Herman visits another sim. Link for the insimenator at this point is: http://www.insimenator.net/
I use it when anyone visits who is supposed to be taller/shorter. I don't know (and haven't read yet) if it's compatible with the patch. It may be but I've not patched yet so I don't know. Waiting You use the skeleton cheat while on the lot. I use 1.2 but 1.14 is good or so also. I don't know if it defaults to 1.1 or if it's a bit different but I tried the 1.14 last night and it looked good.
x also expands your cheat window.. and is much quicker than typing expand..

esc works for escaping out of the window too Thanks for the update :D

Necrodog: Hey there sim buddy.. HOpe you don't mean my original sims. lol. They needed a bit of work, I was a total amateur, not much better now but still better..
I'll go get your sim in just a few after I finish that dress we talked about..
Thank you
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XTS
Pink: at ea's site under nightlife bugs thread, I saw a simmer with the same line in their post. Was that you? lol.. Exact same one.

Yea, it's probably me...I go by paulad059 there. Couldn't use pinklytaraus, cuz I had used it at the sims 1 site and when I tried to register with it at the sim 2 site, it said it was already being used. So then I was strapped to think of something clever and couldn't, lol. So I just used my real first name with my middle initial and the year I was born (59). Yea I know I'm old, but I'm really young at heart and about as addicted to the sims as a person can be, lol.
But I go by pinklytaraus on every other forum though.

'Take it easy, you'll get your kittens.'

'She just left. She didn't even care enough to cut off my head or set me on fire. I mean, is that too much to ask? You know? Some little sign that she cared?'
Inventor
Original Poster
#31 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 1:27 AM
lmbo! It IS you! lol.
You're not old!! You're only as old as the man you feel or want to feel. lol. (I hope I'm not wrong on your gender here lol)
Besides, you're not much older than I am. Shhhhs.
I still can't get my car to work. Where is it kept? I installed from two simmers. Wish to send me a name via PM? lol. I looked all over and I don't know where it's kept (folder wise).
Are you going to update your profile to include your EP's?
I'm going to pm you real quick to avoid taking this off topic too much.

xts

Field Researcher
#32 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 8:23 AM
I think chicko has a good mesh that will work for this dress (Lilly's). I'm gonna try & change it over.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Inventor
Original Poster
#33 Old 17th Nov 2005 at 2:13 AM
I pm'd you Cassandra.. let me know
xts

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 22nd May 2006 at 9:39 PM
OMG this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"it is better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not"
Inventor
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 12:33 PM
I hope you are saying that after playing them ingame.. If you haven't tried this, zoom in and if you still like it and think the same, then awesome!! :D

I hope that no one is disappointed!

Happy Simmin' You guys and Thank You!

Xts

Test Subject
#36 Old 11th Aug 2006 at 11:47 AM
WOW i know this went up in OCT of 2005. But i JUST GOT THE MOST AMAZING BOOk~!

AND IT HAS THE FLOORPLANS TO THE LOVELY 1313 MOCKINGBIRD LN. I THINK I'LL BUILD IT AND UPLOAD IT.
Inventor
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 7:56 AM
WOW is the word I thought too... I'm surprised anyone can find anything I've made due to the amazing other downloads available on this site.. I figured mine were way at the bottom of the pile by now.. lol

Glad you liked them.. Didn't you? Let me know if you get the house up.. I'd like to see it. Maybe I could use it?! ºóº

Xts

Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 9:56 PM
I love them. I am a Munsters critic so this rating is impossible to get from me. I thought that I would never find the perfect Herman and Lily. All I need is Eddie and Grandpa. I might be able to make Eddie and Marilyn by myself, but do you think you can make Grandpa's hair? I would love that. I might make a house for them because everyone else's suck. I didn't see Razorblademeg's yet, but I'll make one just incase.

If you love someone, let them go, but if they don't come back, hunt 'em down and shoot 'em!
Inventor
Original Poster
#39 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 11:36 PM
Wow Munsterfan.. I'm so flattered.. Especially with your comment today.. I've had a rough week and I've had two good news' today! I have someone adding the knobs to Herman.. hopefully done by Halloween.. So look for an update

The one working on the knobs very well may be interested in Grampa's hair.. I really can't stand working with skin files nor hair.. It makes me very irritable lol. So I try to stick with less repitious work (sp?) like objects and clothes and such. Necrodog is the one you'd want to ask about Grampa's hair.. He works on sim meshes.. He's really, really good too! I'll see if I can get a link for ya to his work. Easy enough, he had posted on this page
http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=33822 That's his link and he really is good! He stays pretty busy though, so we may have to work with him if he can do it.

If you make Eddie and Marilyn, please let me know.. I'd like to have them in my game with my other 2 Munsters!

Thank you again!!!!
"Xts"
ps. you do know they are black and white don't you? I think it's cool to have them walk in the game.. Like they stepped out of the tv show and decided to visit lol. Like pleasantville was, the movie. It's similar to that when in game.
Changing skin out is easy but I think they look better black and white but if you wish to change out the skin, you just pick a different one while in CAS or even in the body shop.

Please let me know if you have any problems.. Like skin not matching up with the scar or something.. hairlines or whatever seems wrong or out of place.

Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 3:14 AM
Every thing is perfect especially now that there's neck knobs, and I just so you know, I had no problems (untill I got a defective Family Fun and had stupid errors and all of my custom content flew out the window). I don't think I'll change the skin because the black and white is just so cool, plus I won't be killing my brain tryin to get the right color. I have a hard enough time recoloring clothes and I don't need that. I will make Eddie as long as I find a decent widow's peak. I'll try that link for the hairs. Marilyn shouldn't be too hard.

*If I do manage to make Marilyn, does anyone know a cheat or something to give your sims no names? Marilyn's mom's name was never mentioned in the show. I hope I could make any sim her mom and delete her or something in game so that Marilyn is still Lily's neice. I remember hearing about it, but carelessly forgot the cheat.

If you love someone, let them go, but if they don't come back, hunt 'em down and shoot 'em!
Inventor
Original Poster
#41 Old 10th Oct 2006 at 4:33 AM
Could SimPE do the name thing? I know you can export "born in-game" characters using SimPE and change relationships so maybe??

I like the black and white also, that's why I never did color but I asked Necrodog if he could do color as I'm possibly eccentric more-so than most lol.

The peak.. It's "possible" that Lily comes with the peak seperately? I can't remember.....

I know Herman's scar is seperate so you can remove it for the children or add it. I have a VERY OLD site that has some really cool pics of Herman and Lily as a child and teen lol. I called it the many faces of Herman, etc. If interested in just looking or whatever, http://mysims2.net but fair warning.. Those munster files are the old ones. I have not updated them at all! The ones here are updated let conflicts with the hair files. Some reason Lily had issues with the hair, though it was a maxis recolor instead of CC. I just recolored them all and reuploaded her. Then it worked.

BUt in doing so, it changed the EP somehow. I must've chosen a different hair file and I"m still unsure how to tell which one goes with which EP.

I waited a long time for the knobs for the RIGHT person and I think that Necrodog was the perfect choice for the knobs! Glad I waited! Aren't you ?

Seriously though, if you have any problems personally with anything I've uploaded, please tell me or else I can't try to fix it.

I want everyone happy with what they get.. and don't forget, stretchskeleton works!
You make make him the height you want, including gramps when he is made.

Happy Moddin'/Simmin'! and thank you so much for the compliments! He was very, very time consuming, along with Lily!

I"M SLOOOW.. lol

"Xts"

Test Subject
#42 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 2:04 AM
You know how I said that making Marilyn couldn't be too hard? I was less than half right. I got used to body shop after a while. Now I have to chose between the two Marilyns. I'll just do Pat Priest because I think she did more episodes. I have a lot of spare time this weekend so I will find the time to work on her. I will make her under young adult and upload her as a teen for the poor peoples who don't have university. This way she can stay with the family.
Eddie will need combed back hair with a widows peak and I have to see if i can find child fangs. I don't know what to expect when making him.
I will need to alter the skin tone because we can't have the same complection as Herman and Lily on a very different-looking Marilyn!
PS Those pics look so cool despite the age of them. Oh and I am just as slow as you(major percrastination problems! lol).

Inventor
Original Poster
#43 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 1:01 AM Last edited by XTS : 15th Oct 2006 at 1:10 AM. Reason: added information

Munsterfan, I'll try to offer you some tips. (Try This) In bodyshop, pressing f3 makes it to where you are in camera mode, pressing it again takes you out of camera mode.

f9 goes full screen (and back out of full screen). f6 puts arms up but you have to refresh the sim to make that stop. I never use it unless I have to check a seam.

You can press left mouse to rotate around sim, right mouse button to zoom and BOTH mouse buttons to move up and down, left and right. This pays off for checking those shoes! lol

Oh, and you can use the left and right keys (next to your question mark on your keyboard) to rotate the sim itself so that the questionable part shows up in the lit side of the sim. If it types in your text area when you try to rotate, just click outside the text area on the panel and that should make it work.

I hope that helps you somehow in your quest. You may just wanna use default skin tone as she is mostly normal right? On the show she always seemed more in color than the rest too lol. But I think that was due to the hair and bright clothes and her face and skin was a pale, normal tone right? It's been a long time since I've seen that show! Everytime I mess with these sims I want to watch the show!

Hey, don't worry about it, I'm a procrastinator too, mainly due to so much to do, I'll start on one project and find myself needing to stop to tend to something and lo and behold I forgot what I was working on prior to the interruption so I find something else that needs done. Life enjoys distracting me at the busiest of times in modding! Let me know how it goes!

"Xts"
ps. what pics? mine?
pps. still think Lily has a peak. Check her hair files. It might be under eyebrow though.

PPS. I noticed your comment on University. Here's how Lily wound up Uni style. I had her at ea games. I went to fix her dress and reupload her and got rejected. The hair was original hair so rejection was uncalled for. I found the best match I could and remade the hair with the only one I found that matched best. I have no clue how to see which EP is attached to which hair. I see dohickeys over some images but I can't tell which ep the doohickey represents. One day I'll have that fixed I hope.. Until then I think the version at ea is still there if one wants it. NO clue the condition of it though.
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/my...?user_id=110698

Field Researcher
#44 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 2:08 AM
Oh my god! Is that the secret power of Bodyshop? I didnt know that.
WOW Thanks XTS.
Now I can make more realistic sims, since either I cant rotate the camera, and only edit the front/side part of the sims, but with this secret, simming would more easier for me.

Have a nice day! Today your Herman sim is now more popular with his knobs.

A llama for you!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 7:57 AM
Hey good sims, i cant download tried four times can u help??
Inventor
Original Poster
#46 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 12:29 AM
Necrodog, Thanks! You're welcome! I don't know if it's a major secret but I found out on accident by trying to do something else with it. Thanks for the llama lol. Here's your bunny.

Blacksmith, I don't know, what's the problem? Is it an error? With errors, sometimes you gotta just wait a minute and try again. and thanks for the compliment!

Let me know
Xts

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:28 AM
Hey the one that i cant down load is Herman i think it times out or loses connection with the web or something. ill try a couple more times.Ps my internet connection is SLOW!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#48 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 12:17 AM
Ohhhhh.. I understand.. Let me know if you can't get him, I'll mail him to you...

Sorry about the complications

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XTS
Ohhhhh.. I understand.. Let me know if you can't get him, I'll mail him to you...

Sorry about the complications

Hey has any one else had this problem??
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 4:01 AM
Nah i cant get him PS my email is wrong
Page 2 of 3