Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Collection for the Christmas Holiday Party Pack by Maxis - Updated 11-22-05

by simdebster Posted 20th Nov 2005 at 11:04 AM - Updated 16th Dec 2008 at 1:37 PM by -Maylin-

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 126 Feedback Posts
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
#76 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 10:44 PM
THANKS this is great
Field Researcher
#77 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 12:44 AM
im confussed ,,,i got the christmas pack ...does this add to that pack or an totally new pack or just the same pack made available to everyone here???

i am looking for the other holdiday packs ..easter, holloween and the other ones if anyone has them...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#78 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 4:06 AM
Simsmomma: There is only one pack, not several. The Holiday Party Pack contains objects for all of the holidays, but mainly has Christmas objects.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Test Subject
#79 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 4:44 AM
Hey thanks so much for making life easier! I love the new holiday pack! It's been a blast putting together little simmie christmases. Thanks for taking the time to do this!
Test Subject
#80 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 9:01 PM
camjamlar........i bought it on the 19th in bath, its definately in the shops in the uk
Test Subject
#81 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 9:38 PM
Thanks so much, this is so helpful!
Test Subject
#82 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 11:35 PM
Oh simdebster, thank you so very much. I was really tired of looking for everything over and over again. This is wonderfully helpful.
Test Subject
#83 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 1:20 AM
Thank you. My little sis is getting holiday pack for me for the holidays, (at least, I asked for it, and when I asked her if anyone had gotten it for me yet or should I download it, she told me that *someone* had gotten it for me but wouldn't say who), but the little monster refuses to give it to me until the holidays! A bit stupid, really, considering she gets really mad if I play without her knowing.

[SIZE=4]
Peace, Love, and Sims
:wise:
[/SIZE]
Test Subject
#84 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 5:28 AM
Thanks, simdebster. I got it right away. I'm not getting the x-mas sims disc til x-mas (acutally, it's yule in my family, since we're all old trad wiccan), but i foldered your VERY helpful upload. Thanks, bud (or buddyette). ;0) Just in case you're southern I added the buddyette. LOL!
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 9:25 AM
i have looked all over this site but cannot find the collection for nightlife; i remember seeing it but cannot for the life of me ,please can someone help me??
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 6:21 AM Last edited by Jerzidoll : 26th Nov 2005 at 6:28 AM. Reason: P.S.
Custom content not showing up
Hello, I just went out today and had to buy the whole sims2 again ( there were no just the holiday pack items cd for 14.99 at Gamestop or walmart, they were only shipped the actual sims2 holiday game Grrr!) So now my question is the things i download, do they still all go in the downloads folder?; because my downloads are not showing up.

P.S.
yes i do have the patch installed becos some download on here required it to be, if thats the problem what file do i look for to undue the darn patch?

When a girl hates you; the way she hates you, she really likes you.... That's basic "KiNDERGARTEN PSYCHOLOGY"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#87 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 6:27 AM
Jerzidoll: I hope that you did not open the second Sims 2 game that you bought. The pack is available to those who already own Sims 2 (at the official Sims 2 site) for 14.99. You can get it by having the CD sent to you or by downloading directly from the site after purchasing. I hope that you can return your second game.

Deb
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 6:30 AM
i already opened it and installed it, i dont understand why EA games couldnt have shipped just the party packs to be sold in stores also, instead of just the whole sims2, doesnt matter i will give my previous version of sims2 to my daughter.

When a girl hates you; the way she hates you, she really likes you.... That's basic "KiNDERGARTEN PSYCHOLOGY"
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jerzidoll
i already opened it and installed it, i dont understand why EA games couldnt have shipped just the party packs to be sold in stores also, instead of just the whole sims2, doesnt matter i will give my previous version of sims2 to my daughter.

Oh shoot! I just noticed i was promoted to Lab Assistant Yay! Ty Modthesims2 very much :D

Lab Assistant
#90 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 3:41 PM
Gracias,Gracias,Gracias! I love the christmas theam! I been waiting to find something for my sims christmas.

Rascal Flatts *heart*
#91 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 4:29 PM
nice job
Test Subject
#92 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 5:43 PM
thx for the collections' folder, it helps' alot. I also have alot of orphaned cats' dogs'. racoons' , deer , wild turkey, possums' you name it ,they find there way to my home. hubby says' they eat better than him LOL
Test Subject
#93 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 7:55 PM
OMG thank you thank you thank you thank you, i was not going to buy this EXP mabey just get it for christams lol because i thought it was a waste of meny LOL you could just download Xmas stuff any ways mabey if it was something cool like snow for the neibour hood that didnt take for ever to place - btw is this all the objects to the EXP?
p.s if some one reads this who is good at creating thing - i would love some type of button for my neibourhood to make it now all over or even just a map set like the desert or concreat i would move my whole neibourhood just to get snow!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#94 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 8:41 AM
Thank you! Very useful! =)

I wonder though why they don't let you use ALL the holiday items for a community lot? I'm trying to decorate my shopping center, and theres no snowman, nutcracker, indoor Christmas tree, and a whole bunch else they don't let you select >.<

So I'm asking if you'd maybe like to update this collection to work also for community lots? Is that possible? That would be really helpful!

Thanks. =)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#95 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 12:12 AM
The Dying Informant: It has been a while since I did one, but I believe that all you need to do is to copy the collection file and put the word "Community" at the end of it to make it usable on community lots. e.g. you have a collection called abcd.package. Copy the file and name the copy abcdCommunity.package and then this collection will be available on community lots. Try it and see if it works for you. Good luck!

Deb
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#96 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 12:15 AM
Thanks everyone for your great comments. I have been pretty busy through this holiday weekend, but I do stop in from time to time to read everything. I hope all of you out there that celebrated Thanksgiving had a wonderful, family-filled holiday with much love!

Deb
Scholar
#97 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simdebster
If you have not bought the Holiday Party Pack from Maxis, then turn around and leave this thread immediately. This download does not contain the holiday objects.

I dont have the Holiday Party Pack and the way it looks it will be awhile.
I had to come and read this thread,
Its better than watching Soaps ON TV,lol.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday and x-mas to come

-----Casey

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Test Subject
#98 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 2:12 PM
thanks SOOO much. i spent an hour going through everything looking for what was new and i know i didn't find everything. I looked for a collection right away and was disapointed there wasn't one. Your amazing thanks.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 10:34 AM
Well i know getting the pack for christmas. I begged until they bought it to me lol XD. But won't get it until 24th of December. But i know i will really use this one when i get it. So i am downloading it. Thank you very much for this.

Cat@};- *meow* Have a good day everyone!
CatRose: well i am off to bed i am starting to see cats jumping before me
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 12:01 AM
Thank you so, so , so , so much simdebster, I was really a bit miffed when I purchased it and was not really sure where some of the 40 items were ...
Can't believe they did not include it (Maxis that is) ....

THANK YOU :D
Page 4 of 6