Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Stargate (operatable and animated) *BUGFIX*

by xanathon Posted 11th Jun 2005 at 7:33 PM - Updated 12th Jun 2005 at 1:54 PM by xanathon

124 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 119 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 8:36 AM
OMG!!! Stargate????? well i don't hate stargate literally xana, that's not what i meant!! i just said that star trek is way more cool and let makes way more sense (talking in Sfi paramethers). Well i still think that your work is totally awesome, i have been waiting for a person like you to make all this wonderfull thing, im making my own voyager engenieering replica!! all thanmks to you!! well that's my point, stargate is to me is completetly worthless!!!. Star trek is the future!!!!!
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 12:43 PM Last edited by Capricorne : 12th Jun 2005 at 1:10 PM.
I've added the Stargate in my downloads and since, all my decoration objects have the pie menu "activate/deactivate" instead of view, and I didn't even buy the Gate for the lot.
Anybody has the same troubles, or am I the one and only ?
I also use the "PaintingsStayViewable" hack, I'm gonna test your work without it...

No, it didn't change anything...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 1:26 PM
I will have a look at that immediately!

And:
You can now get a DHD in this thread
Scholar
#29 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 1:35 PM
Exceptional - and fun - thanks so much!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#30 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 1:38 PM
dayam that's cool! :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 1:56 PM
Regarding post 27:

Please redownload the object, since I had to remove a major bug!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xanathon
I never before released any Stargate, so it wasn't from me. Rentechd over at variousimmers made one that had a teleport included by Inge Jones. This one here has a brand new GUID and so it should not overwrite anything.

ahhhhh i see sorry for the mistake
thanks again
Test Subject
#33 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 2:58 PM
Cool, i love stargate, and now so can my sims, now all we need is stargate for the tv!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 2:58 PM
SG1!! So very cool and what a great idea. Now with a DHD. Very spendid, indeed.
Test Subject
#35 Old 12th Jun 2005 at 5:31 PM
Thank you so much!!! I love stargate and this is a wonderful object for my game. I'm downloading it now!
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 2:41 AM
You Are GOD (well fake god System Lord Xana)!
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 2:16 AM Last edited by upinout : 20th Jun 2005 at 3:50 AM.
After playing around with this for awhile in game, I gotta say I love it! I downloaded the other gate from variousimmers which has the teleporting features, but it doesn't compare to this one visually.

I absolutely love the way this one is animated when the event horizon is active. It just looks so cool.

I hope that you continue this project and eventual add the teleporting options, that would really complete this object.

I downloaded your DHD as well... Would it be possible at all to conect the DHD to the gate so that the option to activate the gate is available on the DHD as well?

Keep up the great work!
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 8:27 AM
There may be a way you can add teleportation funtions to it. You know how you can teleport after a while of medetating, well you might be able to get the fuctions from medetating and add them to the stargate somehow
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kwissy
There may be a way you can add teleportation funtions to it. You know how you can teleport after a while of medetating, well you might be able to get the fuctions from medetating and add them to the stargate somehow

I wasn't talking about that type of teleporting. Are you familiar with the painting or shrub available from simlogical?

The other stargate that I downloaded allows you to teleport any sim from the game to the lot you are playing with the stargate.

This stargate is so much nicer looking, and more in scale too. I would like it if this gate had the same teleporting feature of the other gate.

If you don't have a plan, the plan won't work...
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Jun 2005 at 4:34 PM
This is awesome. I love Stargate. Thanks!
Test Subject
#41 Old 25th Jun 2005 at 12:32 AM
My Boyfriend Loves Stargate! His idea is that you turn the Stargate into a functional stairway to zip you into places in your house. Anyway I think its just cool looking!
#42 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 8:49 AM
Hey Xanathon. I absolutly luv all ur work especially the stargate stuff. i was hoping that you might make a few more stargate things such as an atlantis stargate, and the atlantis control pannels along with a Puddle Jumper!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 12:14 AM
I replaced the Stargate, but I still get "activate" or "deactivate" for my decorative objects.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#44 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 8:56 AM
I cannot confirm that, the new version does not have the bug anymore and here it works just fine. Does anyone else still have the problem?
#45 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 10:00 AM
I have the Stargate Installed and I have No Problems what so ever in my game with it!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 4:13 PM
that's it. you, me, bed, NOW!
Test Subject
#47 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 4:38 PM
dodgy pic freoninferno. lol
can u make em ave sex or sumthing
Field Researcher
#48 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 9sophie2
dodgy pic freoninferno. lol
can u make em ave sex or sumthing

that's odd... my name is Sophie too!

there's nothing dodgey about the pic. it's a sim doing a common in game action that anyone can do.

of course i can make them have sex, all sims can.

and nope, the off camera sim isn't naked. you might *think* you see something, but you don't.

love ya!

Sophie

CONTROL ALT DELETE.
Rest In Peace Mootilda.
Test Subject
#49 Old 4th Jul 2005 at 10:19 AM
Default stargate
looks great, but can you make it into a teleporter :howdy:
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 5th Jul 2005 at 8:18 AM
I probably wouldn't use this in my game, but I'm a massive Stargate fan and immediately showed a few other people upon finding it - awesome work :D
Page 2 of 5