Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Altar

by IndigoRage Posted 8th Dec 2005 at 8:21 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:36 PM by -Maylin-

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 62 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 6:27 AM
Thank you so much I have been looking all over for church Items and this is perfect.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 16th Apr 2006 at 6:39 PM
I was just trying to retexture this object today, and I noticed it didn't give me any way to retexture the cloth. It's mostly the cloth I want retextured - could this be fixed?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 4:34 AM
Syera: I'm looking in to this myself. Stand by....
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 17th Apr 2006 at 2:32 PM Last edited by Syera : 17th Apr 2006 at 3:47 PM.
I've noticed one in-game problem with the altar. In OFB, Sims change into formal wear when they get married rather than wedding wear. The Altar still changes them into the default wedding wear - probably because this was cloned off a pre-OFB arch. If you updated this for OFB, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Test Subject
#55 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 9:18 AM
I second that request, if it's not too much trouble.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 2:54 PM
Whew. I managed to convert the altar to a Residential item, thanks in great part to wiggins1982. Thank you! Though I do admit to being rather nervous and white-knuckled after downloading SimPE and following that tutorial. (Can you tell I'm very, very new at this? ) Nevertheless, it doesn't SEEM like the game is crashing, conflicting, or producing glowing green boxes despite my clumsy efforts. (Crosses fingers briefly.) And the altar IS there. Thank you again, wiggins1982!

And thank YOU IndigoRage, for providing this download. Somehow, a chapel, despite the denomination (or most of them), doesn't quite seem "chapel-y" without an altar. The coffee tables, counters and desks that Maxis provided just didn't quite make the grade. Your altar is nice and easy to play around with using the moveobjects cheat (now to find some sort of goblet if I can't find a chalice for my non-EP'd game). And downloading went just perfectly. Time to give those five stars!
Test Subject
#57 Old 20th Apr 2006 at 3:53 PM
That a great Altar Now my sims get a special wedding

Hello Everybody :)
Instructor
#58 Old 11th May 2006 at 3:06 AM
Add me to the list of people who would love to see an OFB version of this object.
Test Subject
#59 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:54 PM
I love this altar! But I'd also like an OFB updated version.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:00 PM
I'm looking into what it will take to make this OFB-Updated, though personally I find wedding attire more appropriate for, well, a wedding. I understand there are probably a ton of neat clothing mods as Formal Wear, that people are wanting to use, or whatever the reason is for not wanting the change into the default wedding attire, and I respect that.

Just keep in mind this was no minor undertaking to pull off, as the wedding arch is not an easily clone-able object. Updating this would probably mean a lot more than just basic model-swapping, as there are likely a number of BHAV changes involved, and I do well just to make sense of what the various BHAV's do =)

Certainly if anyone with the aptitude to do such an update is willing to, I'd certainly allow it - it would save me a great deal of headache and time =)

Pax,
Indigo
Test Subject
#61 Old 14th May 2007 at 1:08 PM
Nice looking! I'd like some recolours, too. Also, I think you should continue with this - make pews or something! I'd like to have a Sim-chapel. ^^
Instructor
#62 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 9:23 PM
At this point I suggest using pfish's invisible wedding arch recolor

http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=169393

and this or some other altar type object for looks, since it doesn't seem likely ever to be updated for OFB or BV.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 5:34 AM
do u think i could copy this and add a few extra options for it? if u dont want me to post it i won't, i might even let you see what i have done! but it seems my modified version isnt showing up in the catalogue! could you give a reason for this?
Field Researcher
#64 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 8:43 PM
Is this updated now so Sims can wear custom wedding gowns instead of Maxis defaults? (Which came with OFB)? I read you wanted to do it (back in 2006...) - so... is it done? ;-)

I'd be sooo happy if I could use this altar as I have never ever seen a "wedding arch" at real life weddings (and I've beenm to 20 - including my own ;-) I guess that's an american habbit we don't have in Germany. We usually don't mary outside either - so I'd really need that altar to make it look more realistic...

Well, in short: Thank you SO MUCH for making this - and I just hope it's updated already :-)
Page 3 of 3