Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Full Set of Default Face Replacement Templates!

by Katuchan Posted 30th Apr 2008 at 12:39 AM - Updated 30th Aug 2008 at 9:10 PM by Katuchan

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 5:51 AM
To everyone who asked whether or not these replace the Maxis faces: yes, but only on newly generated townies. Anyone currently in your game will still have the face they've always had.

Quote: Originally posted by Eva Aisling
Nice work! *YOINK*

And Firefly Rules! I can't believe it wasn't more popular. I think they just aired it on the wrong channel here. It was hilarious!!!
The movie was okay, but it was very rushed. It was meant to be the plot for the second season, and they had a lot of loose ends to tie up. It was called Serenity, if you haven't seen it. There were also eight comics, I believe, but I haven't gotten hold of those.

I do know, I actually saw Serenity first, and that's what got me into Firefly. XD I have a few of the comics - one trade paperback that's meant to go between the end of the series and the movie, and a three-comic set that...I'm not sure where it takes place. Good stuff though!
Theorist
#53 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 12:08 PM
I have seen loads of these, which didnt just work for me, but these are amazing, thanks so much
Test Subject
#54 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 12:14 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks sooo much! :D

outside a dog, a book is man's best friend
-
inside a dog, it's too dark to read!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:24 PM
Thanks. The original templates are butt ugly.
Test Subject
#56 Old 11th May 2009 at 2:56 PM
These faces are really great! Now my sims will be much pretier! Thanks a lot, I love them!
Test Subject
#57 Old 13th May 2009 at 2:16 AM
I seem to have a little problem with my Bodyshop . . . I deleted the heart-shape after I saw it in-game and realized I didn't like it that much. And now, my poor Bodyshop keeps crashing! I tried redownloading these face templates and getting rid of them all together, but neither worked.

Help?
Field Researcher
#58 Old 23rd May 2009 at 2:20 PM
ooh these look pretty, going to have to try them, i'm so sick of ugly townies.... thanx
Test Subject
#59 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 8:20 AM
Dear Katuchan,

I was very impressed with your default face replacements, and I also want to give you a huge thanks for your tutorial on how to do these (http://katu-sims.livejournal.com/18978.html). I found that separately by googling, and it's fantastic. It's kind of tedious work but gets easier and faster the more you do. I truly hope you upload your tutorial here and it's a one of a kind, not to be found elsewhere.

My game now has a nice mix of your templates, Selzi's, and my own, so I have all these great-looking sims in a fresh new neighborhood (here's a shoutout to Zaxis for his hoods, and Rensim for his Peau default skintones!)

Take care and God bless you.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 3:12 PM
I love #12 so much and will never swap it out. Just for the record.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 4:35 PM
thank you!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 10:43 PM
The town and I are grateful. I don't mind diversity;however, some of the game defaults are scary. Who's jaw is actually larger than their forehead? I like these proportions that you have fashioned much more.Thanks for the time and effort in making these.
Instructor
#63 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 10:37 AM
These are awesome. Love them! Thank you :D

^_^
Test Subject
#64 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 10:20 PM
Hi, wow I really love your face templates and i would really like to use them in my game but I can't seem to get it to work. I downloaded it in my sims 2 downloads folder, i extracted it but it won't show up in my game. Can you help me please?

-Thanks
Test Subject
#65 Old 1st May 2010 at 9:18 PM
Thank you so much for these beautiful templates, they makes my game a lot better.
Test Subject
#66 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 7:23 AM
They're wonderful! It's good to see a set of defaults where each face has a very distinct look, good job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 9:09 PM
how do u download them i can't do it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 11:51 PM
I love these! They look great and they're different. So many people just tweek the existing templates to look better, but its so boring.
Two other things:
1. I love your profile picture. It's from Firefly, right? and
2. Where did you get the hat the guy is wearing in the one tumbnail? i would love something like that for my game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 11:47 PM
I think these are the best. they look different which makes
it awesome. THANKS SO MUCH =)
Test Subject
#70 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:53 PM
These faces are so pretty. I love them. Finally I can make a variety of beautiful sims. The only problem I could even possibly find with these faces is that when I go into CAS it still shows the maxis faces as the preview faces but I don't even care.

Here I go again on my own,going down the only road I've ever known. Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone. And I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time, but here I go again, here I go again, here I go again, here I go.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#71 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 6:35 AM
helena: go into your Thumbnails folder in your Sims directory and delete the CASthumbnails.package. When you load the game it will show the new faces properly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 9:33 PM
This is what I get for not checking the comments in so long. I hope this still helps someone:

Quote: Originally posted by Tik
Dear Katuchan,

I was very impressed with your default face replacements, and I also want to give you a huge thanks for your tutorial on how to do these (http://katu-sims.livejournal.com/18978.html). I found that separately by googling, and it's fantastic. It's kind of tedious work but gets easier and faster the more you do. I truly hope you upload your tutorial here and it's a one of a kind, not to be found elsewhere.

My game now has a nice mix of your templates, Selzi's, and my own, so I have all these great-looking sims in a fresh new neighborhood (here's a shoutout to Zaxis for his hoods, and Rensim for his Peau default skintones!)

Take care and God bless you.

It hadn't actually occurred to me I could upload the tutorial at MTS. I'll see about getting that done! In the meantime, it's available at the link you mentioned, and is also permanently hosted at my domain, applesims, in case livejournal ever kicks it. If anyone decides to try it out and has any questions, you can comment on either of those entries or PM me.

I also second your shoutout. Rensim is probably the greatest skintone creator the internet has known, and I'm actually using one of Zaxis' hoods for my primary right now. XD

Quote: Originally posted by iCosmo
I seem to have a little problem with my Bodyshop . . . I deleted the heart-shape after I saw it in-game and realized I didn't like it that much. And now, my poor Bodyshop keeps crashing! I tried redownloading these face templates and getting rid of them all together, but neither worked.

Help?

If you just deleted the heart-shaped template file from your downloads folder while the game wasn't running, you shouldn't have any adverse effects. To anyone with this issue, delete your cache files (there's a tutorial on the wiki if you're unsure how) and try again. Cache files can sometimes become corrupt if you make major changes to your CC (adding or deleting).

Quote: Originally posted by reinanna
Hi, wow I really love your face templates and i would really like to use them in my game but I can't seem to get it to work. I downloaded it in my sims 2 downloads folder, i extracted it but it won't show up in my game. Can you help me please?

-Thanks

A few things: If you do not have any expansions later than Nightlife, your game might not support subfolders in your Downloads folder. Secondly, you may already have a set of default replacements in, in which case mine would not show up. Lastly, the thumbnails may not have changed, which would make it seem as though the templates were not showing up. However, if you click on the template it should work fine. If you're sure you extracted the .package files, and put them in your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads/ folder, and the issue is none of the above, then I'm afraid I don't know what could be the problem.

Quote: Originally posted by belive1997
how do u download them i can't do it

There is a separate tab on the page with the download links. It should be directly to the right of the "Overview" tab, and it will have the download links. You may also find the "Install Instructions" useful.

Quote: Originally posted by rollinggnomes
I love these! They look great and they're different. So many people just tweek the existing templates to look better, but its so boring.
Two other things:
1. I love your profile picture. It's from Firefly, right? and
2. Where did you get the hat the guy is wearing in the one tumbnail? i would love something like that for my game.

Thank you! Yes, my icon was from Firefly (freakin' love that show), although now it's a Kelly Vivanco painting. To answer your second question, that hat is a Winter Hat hair by Nouk.

Quote: Originally posted by Rhaevyn
helena: go into your Thumbnails folder in your Sims directory and delete the CASthumbnails.package. When you load the game it will show the new faces properly.

Thanks for explaining that. <3 Saves me some trouble.

And to all the other commentors (especially you, Hat), thank you so much for the compliments, and thank you even more for taking the time to comment and say so! <3 I really can't tell you how much it makes my day!
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 2:56 AM
These look really great, but I have no idea how to get them to work properly without possibly messing up my game... I know how to download regular files by just moving them into the downloads folder, but how do you delete the original faces and input yours?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 5:20 AM
Thank you very much!
Field Researcher
#75 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by internet_puppy
These look really great, but I have no idea how to get them to work properly without possibly messing up my game... I know how to download regular files by just moving them into the downloads folder, but how do you delete the original faces and input yours?
I know I'm not the uploader, but I've downloaded lots of default replacement content and think I can help you. All you need to do is move these files into your downloads folder just like you would any other download. These will automatically overwrite (replace) the original faces. Deleting them is not neccesary (and actually, it is that, not moving these files into your downloads folder, that could really mess up your game).

The cool thing about default replacements is that all you have to do is put them in your downloads folder. The game will take care of the rest (and if you get tired of the default replacements, all you have to do is remove them and the game will re-spawn the originals!)! Hope that helps!
Page 3 of 4