Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 10:13 PM
I would think the game would generate a new file like it does for some of the others when you remove them.

Of course I don't know a thing about how it works, so I'll shut up now.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 10:50 PM
This happened to me. It was something I did with SimPE. If you can afford the Hard drive space I recommend doing a fresh installation of TS2 and University. Then before you ever play, back up both of the core game directories in a seperate folder. Then anytime you need to reinstal, just delete the game directories and replace them with your backups. It's a lot simpler and less time consuming than reinstalling.
This solved the Icon problem though, so will reinstalling.
Test Subject
#28 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 12:23 AM
Can any objects.package file work?

Like does everyone's object.package contain the same stuff.

If so maybe someone could copy theirs to here
Test Subject
#29 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 5:42 AM
this worked for me! What a relief! This was effecting more than just my icons, but clothing transitions too!

if you can do a fresh install, copy the objects.package file from C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Objects and paste it over the corrupt file in the 'not fresh install' and everything seems to work fine again!

I did notice too that before doing this, the date on my objects.package file was 10 days after install, the same day I lost my icons and such.
Moderator of Aardvarks
#30 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 6:37 AM
If you do not have a clean uncorrupted objects.package:
Copy your entire \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder including ALL files and subfolders to your Desktop.
Reinstall University.
Browse to \Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University\TSData\Res\Objects
Copy the new uncorrupted objects.package file to a separate folder NOT under The Sims 2 anything. Keep this file safe.
Move your The Sims 2 folder that you backed up to your Desktop back to it's original location.
Your game should now be restored with all your settings, neighborhoods, etc.
If the memory problems pops up again, you now have a safe objects.package stored that you can copy over.
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 10:01 AM
Actually, there should just be an uncorrupted objects.package on the Sims 2 university disc 1.

Like the Sims 2, all the files are just in a big ol' zip file called "compressed.zip". Just look in that, and viola, there it should be.
Test Subject
#32 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:34 PM
I had the same thing happen and found the file here:

Program files>EA Games>The Sims 2 University>TS Data>Res>Objects

Replacing that file worked perfectly for me

You're very welcome to visit my Sims sites
After Midnight Sims
After Midnight Sims 2
If the apocalypse comes, beep me
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:43 PM
Wow! I have been having this same problem. Thanks for all the help.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#34 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 9:32 PM
Huzzah! I have now added this to my University Bug Thread (see the sticky). Thanks for all your help and patience! :D

Page 2 of 2