Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: University Shop At Home Collection. *update 3/5/05*

by saramkirk Posted 3rd Mar 2005 at 10:20 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2008 at 1:22 PM by -Maylin-

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 103 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dilandauluv5
This stuff works great. One problem though. When my sim had "buy an mp3 player" as a want, I got her to go to the machine with the cell phone, and hand-held game in it, but there was no sign of an mp3 player (there is an mp3 player in the machines in the community lots). Where did it go?

I have the same problem; however when I installed the machine in a residential lot in the original neighborhood, not university, all three items are available for purchase. Still a great hack... it saves so much time not having to go to a community lot every time you want to buy something...
Test Subject
#52 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 4:57 PM
Thanks for the hack...
:gidea:
I d/l and tested the buying clothes etc on you own lot and it works great Thanks for the mod

:sprint: back to TS2 game play

BadKitty
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 11th Mar 2005 at 7:48 PM Last edited by Whitefire26 : 11th Mar 2005 at 7:56 PM.
hi , huh ?? sim warrior princess i also have the shop and home stuff on a home lot ( residential lot ) however there isn't a pick for the mp 3 player for me there is only handheld game and cell phone now i'm mixed up ?? whitefire26
Field Researcher
#54 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 1:13 AM
Default Really Weird Bug (Friendly, but Weird)
OK, I have the weirdest bug with this. I posted a thread yesterday about the fact that my Sims had suddenly started meeting themselves, making friends/best friends with themselves, and having aspirations to make friends/best friends with themselves (often they would have a memory of making best friends, then a want to just be friends).

I have just discovered the cause of it! One of my teen Sims bought the MP3 player, the electronic game and the mobile phone from the machine (residential lot, normal neighbourhood) before leaving for work. She had wants for all 3 and the purchases satisfied her wants. As soon as she returned from work she pulled out the game and started playing. I noticed that it hadn't satisfied her want to play with the game that had been there ever since she'd bought it, so I got her to play with it again, but it still didn't satisfy the want.

That's not the weird part, though. When she started playing with the game, she immediately flashed up a best friends thing above her head and then a red minus sign. I checked her memories and she'd made best friends with herself, plus had the memory "Had 3 Best Friends" twice. When she played with the game a second time, once more she got the minus sign as if she'd had a bad conversation with herself. At this point, the want to play with the game was replaced with a want to be friends with herself.

LOL what the dickens is going on?! I can't see the connection between these objects and making friends, but there must be one somewhere. Also, the fact that it's not satisfying the want when they play with the game, just having it replaced by a want connected with the making of friends with themselves thing.

I don't know if the mp3 player and phone are also doing this as I've only seen it the once, but I will check next time someone plays with one who hasn't already met themselves or made friends/best friends with themselves.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 15th Mar 2005 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ancient Sim
LOL what the dickens is going on?! I can't see the connection between these objects and making friends, but there must be one somewhere. Also, the fact that it's not satisfying the want when they play with the game, just having it replaced by a want connected with the making of friends with themselves thing.

I don't know if the mp3 player and phone are also doing this as I've only seen it the once, but I will check next time someone plays with one who hasn't already met themselves or made friends/best friends with themselves.

That's a glitch with the handheld game. You can thank Maxis for it... and thank twojeffs for quickly making a hack to fix it! http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=50009

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
#56 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 6:37 AM
Baristas don't appear on my community lots anymore since I placed the coffee bar on a residential lot. At least that's what I think happened. :confused:
Test Subject
#57 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 8:32 AM
excellent job mate....i loved the last one of these for the sims 2 and now i got one for uni WOOT thanks again
Instructor
#58 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 7:05 PM
university objects?
are any of these objects from the sims 2 university? what happens when you install them in the original game? are they just not there?
Test Subject
#59 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 2:36 PM
thank you very much
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 3:41 PM Last edited by lykurgus : 31st Mar 2005 at 2:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Carrigon
This looks great. Thanks :D

I'm wondering if we can edit the usercheat file to make the bool cheat always on?

EDIT: Sorry, just tried it. Worked at first, but now it won't. Must've been a bug or something.
Ah well.

Great work, Saramkirk

I'm up, and I'm dressed...
WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT????
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 4:33 PM
Ok, so are they all in build mode?
Field Researcher
#62 Old 9th Apr 2005 at 4:58 PM
The Urbz didn't like my game either :/ But my Sims will never have to leave their houses again!!!! -nice decrease in loading time cutting out community lots-

Thank you!
Instructor
#63 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 11:06 PM Last edited by anonymous : 11th Apr 2005 at 11:12 PM. Reason: the urbz is a waste of time
well if any of my sims want a cell or an mp3 player or a handheld game, i just use boolprop and get them...I was going to download and test it to buy clothing, but i have the same question posted earlier that was never answered: do you delete the cash register to get rid of the npc? or are they stuck there until you delete them?

Oh and I had the same problem with the urbz as you guys, i downloaded it, went to a community lot and game crashed...i think a better question would be not if you can add the urbz to this collection, but rather, has anyone gotten it to work in their game? No point in adding it to a collection if nobody can get it to work.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 12:42 AM
Thanks for this, I needed it! :D

#65 Old 16th Apr 2005 at 5:30 PM
Thank You sooo much I hate waiting when loading neigborhood then community lot and home.
Instructor
#66 Old 5th May 2005 at 12:42 AM
Default I'm game to try
I am never afraid to try new stuff and I am glad you omitted the Urbz, I had trouble with that one, too.

HD
Test Subject
#67 Old 5th May 2005 at 4:48 AM
Urbz hasn't been a problem in my game. I also can't figure out how to get the npc to go away unless I delete him/her and I can't get the mp3 player to show up either. Justa letcha know! :D
Test Subject
#68 Old 6th May 2005 at 1:19 PM
thanks
Quote: Originally posted by saramkirk
This is a Shop At Home Collection, updated for University.

This small modification allows you to use community lot objects on residential lots, including dorms.

You no longer have to go out of the dorm and to a community lot to purchase clothing, electronic goodies, magazines, and video games.

What is included:

Espresso bar
Electronic goodies vending machine (cell phone, etc.)
Everything needed to buy clothing
Everything needed to buy groceries
Everything needed to buy magazines and video games
Bar

What you can do with these items:

1. Use them in a University Town on a residential lot.

2. Use them in a University Town in a dormitory *USING A CHEAT CODE ONLY*

3. Use them in your regular neighborhoods on residential lots.

Special note about Dorms

Using these in a dormitory is a bit tricky. Inside the dorms, Build Mode is disabled. So are collections. So how can you use a collection if you can't access it? Well, you need to enable Build Mode using the cheat.

The code to enter is: boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false

This is NOT Debug Mode/Testing Cheats! This will ONLY affect Build Mode, and will not do anything else.

After entering this code, you will have to click on Build/Buy mode buttons again to refresh the view. Now you will be able to access the collections.

How To Shop From Home

To buy clothing, magazines, and video games, you must place a cash register on top of a counter. To buy clothing you need both a clothing rack and a changing booth. A cashier will appear automatically.

WHERE TO PUT THE FILE:

Put the file in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Collections/

Do not put this file in Downloads, it will not work! It is a collection file and must be placed in the Collections folder.

End Note:

I'm sorry to say I may have grabbed some residential obejcts and stuck them in this collection. It was hard to tell which items were community lot only and which ones were also available in the residential catalog. I thought it was better to be safe.

Please let me know how this works for you.

UPDATE

This is a minor update of the collection. I've included shop signs, commercial-only counters, and a few other items.

Sorry, no URBZ. That thing messes up my game so I can't download it.

Het thanks, thid is great
Test Subject
#69 Old 6th May 2005 at 1:20 PM
thaks
Thanks, this is great :Pimp:
#70 Old 8th May 2005 at 9:41 PM
the link to download doesnt work for me, any suggestions?
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 16th May 2005 at 4:15 PM
The link is working now.
Test Subject
#72 Old 31st May 2005 at 11:44 PM
Default You so Rock!
Thank you so much for this. I write stories for the sims and you don't know how much time is spent coming and going from commercial to residential lots for the pics. Great job.
Test Subject
#73 Old 8th Jun 2005 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Motoki
This is great, was hoping someone would do this. Thanks.

Now if we could just get those cafeteria ladies to come work in residential lots lol.

Oh, I don't know if anyone else noticed but testingcheatsenabled has been updated and you can use it to give your sims a cell phone among other things.

CHRISTIANLOVE has an awesome stove and painting that takes care of all your needs WITHOUT even paying them!!!! It brings a cook/ maid/ gardner/ homework doer/ phone answerer/ door greeter (aka a female butler) and a nanny/ maid/ firefighter to your employ simply buy buying those two objects!

If I could find the thread for it .... but oh well ... that's what your search links are for too - lol - just look it up by the Author.

"Geeez ... would it kill them to stab eachother? ... Oh ... hehe ... I guess it would!" ~ A Mad Sim Programmer trying to overcome a program error ... lol
Instructor
#74 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 10:47 AM
Default Sara - I have a concern
Sara, I did everything just as you instructed to set it up. How do you make the cashier leave after you buy what you want?

He (George) came into the house and started hanging out with the family, jamming on the instruments, eating, showering, just as if he lived there. Everyone was having a good time, but after a day or so, he made the announcement that he was tired of everyone and was going to run away, but I was able to stop him with the Mind Control Mirror. Instead, I had him call the college and apply for scholarships and then call to move to College, which he did. He left in the taxi and everyone waved goodbye to him.

How can I prevent this from happening?...Did I do something wrong?

HD
Test Subject
#75 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 4:53 PM
Thanx

Yerni My english isn't the best
Page 3 of 5