Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Credit Where Its Due- Apartment Life's Stolen Clothing Conversions

by Phaenoh Posted 11th Sep 2008 at 10:42 PM - Updated 13th Sep 2008 at 7:40 PM by Phaenoh

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 12:15 AM
thanks a lot for these phaenoh! it really is a lack of creativity from eaxis to put a bunch of outfits from other eps into AL as "new" clothing.

hi!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 2:11 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was hoping that someone would do this!

May I ask a question?
I noticed that EAxis has closed the "gap" on the female Elder bohemian outfit. I'm glad that I can't see their bellies, but I am not so glad that I can see the Teens' and Adults' bellies. Could you possibly make a modification for the Adults and Teens? Please? That gap really bugs me, and it prevents me from using the outfit.

Thanks again!

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 2:52 AM
Can't promise you anything right now due to my schedule being up in the air, but I could definitely take care of that for you if I can find the time. (PM me about it in a week and your chances greatly improve...)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 5:19 AM
And they have told me that I was worng! stupid people! I guess genuises thinks about the same things dont they?

Is there any chance you'll do the same with my conversions? can you just check my page please?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 8:47 AM Last edited by jonayla : 12th Sep 2008 at 10:44 PM.
I think EAxis likes to rely on the player community to fix their messer-uppers.. Maybe you should contact them and start charging EA some money over this Just kidding! Thank you for yet another job well done.

God loved the birds and created trees. Man loved the birds and created cages -Jaques Duvall
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SharonSims2
And they have told me that I was worng! stupid people! I guess genuises thinks about the same things dont they? Is there any chance you'll do the same with my conversions? can you just check my page please?
I wrote out a How-To because I was told that many people don't link their textures. I only imagine this particular conversation might have been about you since you've recently come out with age conversions. Look up my article (its in my post) and you can learn how to do it yourself, I don't edit other people's work. Best of luck!
Quote: Originally posted by jonayla
I think EAxis likes to rely on the player community to fix their messer-uppers.. Maybe you should contact them and start charging money over this Just kidding! Thank you for yet another job well done.
Hah, no. As long as people comment I will never turn pay. Simple 'thank yous' are enough to keep me creating! It would be sweet if I became a Maxiod, but I doubt it will happen.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 11:36 PM
Wait, what... who stole what from where? :S
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oph3lia
Wait, what... who stole what from where? :S
EA stole from themselves. All of these outfits originally appeared in earlier EPs, Maxis just gave us their conversions for AL and dared call them 'new'. If you want to read into it a little more, most of these outfits had already been converted by members of the MTS2 community, so you could say that EA stole them from us. Either way around though, I still perfer age conversion outfits to have their parent's original EP flag so that's what I did here.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 4:27 PM
Hey Phae, thanks for these! I just thought you might want to know, when I click on the tutorial link, I get this message:

Quote:
This server is usable by MTS2 staff members only. To attempt a login click here
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 7:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I fixed it.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 7:56 PM
Glad I could help! That tutorial will be very useful.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 1:48 AM
I'm so glad someone else is as anal as I am! ;O)

Thanks so much for "fixing" these.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 7:38 AM
My copy of Apartment Life will arrive any day now. When it does I'll be so glad I downloaded this. Thanks tons! Smaller files, you say? That's never a bad thing.

"It is better to want what you have than to have what you want" --A Rabbi
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 5:58 AM
This is a great idea Pheanoh, but I was wondering...I don't have TSS or KB stuff so what will happen? Will I get the star or what? Thanks!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 7:03 AM
I don't know for sure off hand but my guess is that either the flags are built into all games, or it would end up as a star, or the outfits wouldn't show up, or it will crash the game. I'd like to know what happens, good luck!
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 9:01 PM
You're guess is right, the flags are built into all games, I have KB and TSS flags now. Thanks!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 5:00 PM
Sweet! Thanks for being the guinea pig!
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Sweet! Thanks for being the guinea pig!

No problem! I'll do it again anytime
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 7:42 AM
Also, how do you reflag clothing? I'd like to know for my CC that has that star thing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Judefan6
Also, how do you reflag clothing? I'd like to know for my CC that has that star thing.
I'll write up something about that later, its been on my To-Do list for a while.
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
I'll write up something about that later, its been on my To-Do list for a while.

Ok, thank-you!
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 3:48 PM
All I have installed is FreeTime and Seasons..Will this work for me?

Fantastic work!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 5:48 PM
No, you will need AL, sorry!
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 10:13 PM
Phaenoh -

If I have your clothing mod, should I still get this as well, or is it included with the other?
Page 1 of 2