Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Elven Modular Stairs *updated for scriptorium*

by Lethe_s Posted 27th Aug 2006 at 5:39 PM - Updated 28th Nov 2008 at 9:24 AM by Lethe_s

73 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Forum Resident
#26 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 12:03 AM
Wow... the stairs look so beautiful... too bad these stairs are so fiddly (its not your fault... weird maxis coding, I'm sure). I'll install them anyway (they are way too cool to pass up). Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 12:39 AM
Small problem... when I try and un-rar the file... it comes up with an error... File is corrupt. Just thought you'd want to know

** just my 2 cents, ignore it if you wish, rant if you must, but please use the common sense one assumes you were born with **
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 2:28 AM
Oh these look so fantastic and to think I have to wait to tomorrow. LOL Not sure if I can handle this or not. I want to go build and build with your excellent stairs. Thank you for another great addition to our games.
Alchemist
#29 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 2:28 AM
Wow, wow, wow These are amazing and I can't wait to see what else you make for this theme. Thanks so much for sharing!

OM
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#30 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 2:50 AM
These are terrible - please stop meshing at ONCE!! I love them thank you so much for taking the time to make something entirely unique =)

For those who are reticent about messing with Maxis code - as long as you JUST add lethes code for the stairs and don't touch anything else in the text file it will be fine. I have about 25 sets of custom modulars in my game and its fine =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Instructor
#31 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 3:39 AM
yay! so gorgeous!
Forum Resident
#32 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 4:22 AM
I am in awe. They are so simple yet so beautiful. I want them in real life! I will come back and download when I am more awake.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 4:28 AM
L-o-v-e
:lovestruc Those stairs are amazing

Forum Resident
#34 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 7:07 AM
Thanks Loverat, that was some information i needed to know I will get these, i cannot resist them, lol

Please dont request anything to be made, but I dont mind suggestions/ideas. :)
Forum Resident
#35 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 12:25 PM
Wow!!! Thank You so much!! They are very very incredibly gorgeous!! :D

Thank You!! :D

Can't install .rar files? I recommend: Sim File Maid 2

Imma Scene_Core_Dinosawr_x
Forum Resident
#36 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 3:41 PM
Your stairs are great and worth doing some cheating/adding of few lines in the *.txt-file! I'll have to think of a lot where I can use them. Thank you for sharing!
hexameter
Forum Resident
#37 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 6:05 PM
Wow! Amazing!
Thank you so much.
This is perfect for my Lord of the Ring story.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 6:06 PM
Very beautiful! Your elven creations are great! Thank you!

"Long live FREEDOM, where I come from, place that I call HOME!"(Ignite - A Place Called Home)
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 6:54 PM
Kitiara,

it works fine for me. Try redownloading. Something probably timed out when you were downloading it.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 9:25 PM
You are truely talented!

Please do not upload my creations to any pay sites or the exchange. Do not include my meshes with recolors. Uploading in lots is fine on MTS2 only.

Come and check out my other creations at Thesimszone. http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/files/index.php?Section=53
Field Researcher
#41 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 10:27 PM Last edited by DoomAngelsc : 30th Aug 2006 at 2:57 AM.
I found a way to avoid that error message you get when clicking on the download file, rather then clicking on the file "right-click" and choose "save target as ...." and it will take quite awhile I'd say at least a couple minutes then it will come up asking where you want to save this file and just save it somewhere like your desktop then open the file an wah laa it should work, well its been working for me. But only one or two at a time then it errors out again.

Nice work Lethe
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 10:08 PM
Now all we need is a matching fence set. These are beautiful, and perfect for my elven tree house that I'm building.

Mods rock my sox.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 11:58 PM
These are absolutely lovely...so ethereal....Thank You.
Test Subject
#44 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 12:15 PM
wow thats beautiful gud work
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 7:41 PM
This stairs are very, very, very beautiful, they are so... elven... I love your work :p

"...One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in darkness bind them,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie." - J. R. R. Tolkien
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 9:28 PM
Wow these r the coolest stairs i have ever seen i love the arch on it i cant wait for u to make more stuff. thanks for these coool stairs.
Test Subject
#47 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 10:16 PM
You are the best Leth, thankyou sooo much, I've always loved your work. It's what got me become part of mod the sims2. It is all so amazing.Thanks sooo much. It lookes like it came right out of a fairy tale, and lord of the rings, perfect! thanks so much. I hope you keep doing elvish and midevil stuff, they are the best in the site.
As soon as I grow up and can go to collage and stuff I'm going to learn how to make all that cool stuff like you. Thanks.
Instructor
#48 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 11:05 PM
wow wow wow

Thank you for sharing

Amazing

I was just wondering, I have all the expansions and family stuff and Glamour

Do you put the codes " in all the expansions" TS data script etc.

or only in the first one Sims 2

Thanking you in advance for your reply.

Best regards
Judy555
Montreal, quebec canada :lovestruc
Fluffy
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 8:33 AM
judynu,
I have all ep's as well, you only need to put the codes in the folder mentioned.
Test Subject
#50 Old 7th Oct 2006 at 9:56 PM
Awesome stairs!
Any chance of getting a version that works with Numenor's Scriptorium? I know, I could probably convert it myself, but editing text files I don't understand scares me.
Page 2 of 3