Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2008 at 2:23 AM Last edited by LadyKynia : 10th May 2008 at 4:23 AM.
Custom Painting/Posters Question-New to this
Hey, I'm still pretty new to this and been browsing the website looking for tutorials for a newbie like myself. I decided to try something simple like making a poster or a painting to buy.

Now, I found a pretty easy tutorial that used something called Photo Studio and SimPE. I've never used SimPE before since I'm getting into the whole custom content. Now, I have the new version of SimPE and downloaded the SimPE Photo Studio template I believe it was, yet the Photo Studio selection in the Tools>> Objection Creation>> Photo Studio is grayed out, so I can't use it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or perhaps direct me to another kind of tutorial for me to make my custom paintings and posters?

These are the programs I have.

-SimPE
-Photoshop 7

Tell me if there's anything I need to download. It's greatly appreciated, oh and also when I do figure out how to do this, how would I go about changing the price and description of the item and where it's to be placed?

Thanks in advance.

I'm still trying to work myself around the site, it's a little difficult for me to navigate around.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th May 2008 at 3:51 AM
The reason PhotoStudio is greyed out is because you don't have CEP. You can download CEP thanks to Numenor here: http://cep.modthesims2.com
Im not sure how to change the description, but I hope this Link helped you!

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2008 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pokedude9777
The reason PhotoStudio is greyed out is because you don't have CEP. You can download CEP thanks to Numenor here: http://cep.modthesims2.com
Im not sure how to change the description, but I hope this Link helped you!

Thank you. I went ahead and downloaded it, as you suggested and to my excitement it showed up. <3

Thank you very much for that.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th May 2008 at 5:25 AM Last edited by pokedude9777 : 10th May 2008 at 5:38 AM.
also, I figured out how to make a custom description also. Open object workshop under Window/object workshop and click start. wait for the objects to load, then click the plus symbol next to Decrative, then click the plus sign next to wall and select a suitable size painting. Up the top of the OW click next, and change the task to Clone. Make sure that change description is ticked. Up the top of OW click next, and change the description to your liking. Then again up the top of OW, click finish. Then in scengraph, change it to your liking, and click update and ok. It will let you save it somewhere on your pc, do that. then click on plugin view down the bottom of the page, if it isn't there open it under Window/plugin view. in plugin view, uncheck update all MMATS, then click register GUID. If Youre not registed in the GUID data base, click REjister new user. Then click rejister object. The GUID registration screen will disapear. You now have your GUID! check Update all mmats and commit, then click commit. FOR THE FOLLOWING YOU NEED THE The "Legacy" Nvidia DDS Utilities installed. get them here: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/...ies_legacy.html
Then in the resource tree select texture image, then down the bottom of the page plugin view. Now right click on the image you should see, and select Build DXT. The DDS Builder window will open up. Click Open and browse to your edited image. Before building the image, check the Format drop-down list, in the DDS window and choose DXT1 format. Then click Build, and your image will be loaded into SimPE, replacing the original one. Click commit. Now save the pacage and its done!

The Sim Supply!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th May 2008 at 6:08 AM
Okay, I'm try to follow you as much as I can. I'm at the scenegraph, but what exactly am I suppose to change? I'm a little confused and it's a bit vague to what I'm suppose to change...do you mean the title of scenegraph?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th May 2008 at 6:20 AM
Oh and also, this is going to give my Custom Painting a description, price, and name correct?

I'm having a hard time following you. I have to do things step by step to fully understand.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th May 2008 at 7:00 AM
Hmm, I followed, as best as I could, but it seems like the 'Build DXT' is grayed out when I right click on the picture. I'm not sure what else to do now. Any suggestions or ideas on what happened?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th May 2008 at 7:35 AM
Ok, First, when your at the scenegrapher, at the top of the scenegraph box there should be a sentence that you can edit, but you donnt have to edit it, so I'd just leave it then. Yes, It will give you a description, price and name. And the reason the "build DXT is greyed out will be because I forgot to tell you how to install it!:headslap: Go click on extras at the top of the page, And right at the bottom of the dropdown list ther is preferances. Click it. A window will pop up, and near the bottom of the window it should say "the Nvida DDS utilities were not found. You can download them here." don't go downloading them, as I gave you the link to download them before. Instead, click the browse button, and link to EXACTLY were you installed the utilies. Then close simPE, and now when you right click on the image you should be able to acess"Build DXT".

Sorry about my poor explainations, I"m quite tired right now, as I haven't had much sleep.

The Sim Supply!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th May 2008 at 3:46 AM
Okay I understand. That worked with the browse button. ^^

Okay that worked, though for some reason the picture quality dropped when I clicked build. It gave me like 3 or 4 errors in the same row before I saw the picture and the pic quality dropped, though the picture is there.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th May 2008 at 7:47 AM
Damn it! I forgot to tell you that there's this drop down menu... before you click build change it to the option with 1 o the end! i hope i didnt forget anything else!

The Sim Supply!