Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: (animated) Fibre Optic Lamp **UPDATED 9 Sept:ADDED LARGER ONE***

by boblishman Posted 29th Aug 2005 at 8:19 PM - Updated 9th Sep 2005 at 11:51 AM by boblishman : added new Larger Lamp

106 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 103 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 6:23 PM
I have one of these in my room in real life so I was wondering when someone would do something like this! I will have to go put it in my game now:gidea:

Hearts are like glass, easy to shatter, hard to fix.
Test Subject
#52 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 1:41 AM
This is awesome! I love it!! Thank You So MUCH!!!
Field Researcher
#53 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 10:49 PM
Whooo! I love it. Thank you ever so much, Mr. Boblishman. Another 5 star.
Scholar
#54 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 10:20 AM
i do like this lamp....nearly all my sims have one now
Is there an easy way to make a bigger one though bob? no worries if its not possible but i'd quite like one big enough to be a feature, to fill a side table.
Instructor
#55 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 7:36 PM
This is SO cool! I was hoping, that somebody could make it. Thank you so much!!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 4:19 AM
This is so cool! When I was a teenager I wanted one of these so bad. I can't wait to try it out.
Scholar
#57 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 2:21 PM Last edited by anelca : 10th Sep 2005 at 10:31 PM.
thanks bob :D
you are my hero today

edit: finally got to put it in my game this morning quick before i had to go to work.....it's absolutely perfect :D
Field Researcher
#58 Old 15th Sep 2005 at 6:01 AM
Oh... I've always wanted one of these is real life

"Tell me," said Magrat, "you said your mummy knows about the big bad wolf in the woods, didn't you?"
"That's right."
"But nonetheless she sent you out by yourself to take those goodies to your granny?"

Check out my Padme skins!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 17th Sep 2005 at 9:01 PM
It's a great concept, however it shows up as blue in my game. It was fine before I installed Nightlife, so I'm guessing the problem is that it isn't NL compatible.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 7:25 PM
PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE make one that throws off light!!! PLEASE! -begs-!

If you always expected the unexpected wouldn't the unexpected be expected?
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 7:32 PM
Sorry to repost but the site is being a pain with editing posts (it runs WAY to slow now!). Anyway, I wanted to say I love your object and DLed but I would really really like it to throw off light as well.... Even if its not -colored- light since that would be kinda difficult I think.. as long as it was some sort of light lol.

If you always expected the unexpected wouldn't the unexpected be expected?
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 7:35 PM Last edited by boblishman : 7th Oct 2005 at 9:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by auracyan
It's a great concept, however it shows up as blue in my game. It was fine before I installed Nightlife, so I'm guessing the problem is that it isn't NL compatible.

No.... I'm pretty sure it IS compatable.... but I beleive you have to 'enable custom content' once you have installed Nightlife... then it will show up properly. Also ensure you have the latest edition of the CEP installed.

However....I suspect that you haven't downloaded the SMALL one as well....as the textures for the large one are contained in the small one.

It does say this in the opening thread.....
Field Researcher
#63 Old 19th Sep 2005 at 8:03 PM
thanx so much,Happy Siming.
Instructor
#64 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 11:22 AM
This is awesome!!!
Field Researcher
#65 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:54 PM
This is so cool, i was going to make a fiber optic christmas tree but i failed. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#66 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 2:59 PM
crazy man, totally awsome !!!
how many poly ? =)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Max3D
crazy man, totally awsome !!!
how many poly ? =)

it does say in the post..... 350 = very low

***** PLEASE NOTE *****

Do not upload any of my original mesh files ANYWHERE...either as part of your recolour posts or included in any LOTS or SIMS. Thank you

Test Subject
#68 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:42 AM
it is amazing. i love it thanks a bunch

im one step closer to making my sim room look like my real room lol
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boblishman
No.... I'm pretty sure it IS compatable.... but I beleive you have to 'enable custom content' once you have installed Nightlife... then it will show up properly. Also ensure you have the latest edition of the CEP installed.

However....I suspect that you haven't downloaded the SMALL one as well....as the textures for the large one are contained in the small one.

It does say this in the opening thread.....
Yes, I realize it says this in the opening thread and I do have both the small one and the large one, but it is still blue. I DO have custom content enabled. When I place the object in game (like on a table) it isn't blue, but in the catalog it is. I'm not so stupid as to not read the thread before I download.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 10:36 AM Last edited by boblishman : 21st Oct 2005 at 11:21 AM.
...then you can see that there is nothing wrong with the object....you simply have a bad catalogue picture.(This could have been caused by only installing the larger one..then starting the game....thegame couldn't find the texture for the catalogue picture because it is in the smaller one. Placing the smaller one into the game at a later date would make the larger one work in the game...but the catalogue picture would not be 'renewed' for the larger one. It would remain 'blue' .

You can 'repair' your catalogue pictures by replacing the files in your C: My Documents\EAGames\The Sims2\Thumbnails folder with copies from the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Thumbnails.

The game will then make NEW thumbnails for the catalogue.

***** PLEASE NOTE *****

Do not upload any of my original mesh files ANYWHERE...either as part of your recolour posts or included in any LOTS or SIMS. Thank you

Lab Assistant
#71 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 10:00 PM
i love these in rl! thanks..

~Kasey~
Test Subject
#72 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 4:58 PM
i luv it !
Test Subject
#73 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 11:26 AM
Default Omg!
Thanks, I love those things! :gonemad:
Test Subject
#74 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 6:03 PM
Cool! I love it!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 11:09 AM
Cool! *Squeals* Can't wait to try it out! You rule! *Squeals Louder*

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Page 3 of 5