Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Baskerville -- Neighbourhood complete with lots

by plasticbox Posted 21st Jul 2007 at 12:27 AM - Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 4:15 AM by plasticbox

210 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 197 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Test Subject
#101 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 1:50 AM
simcasey - I would think you just need to download it again. Sometimes things come up corrupt when downloaded, I've had it happen a couple of times. This neighborhood is really awesome.
Test Subject
#102 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 5:04 AM
This is absolutely amazing! I love every bit of it and I can't wait to download it (I keep getting a busy server).

You have also inspired me to take on a project like this on my own- though I know it could never be as good as this is. XD

Thank you for this!
Test Subject
#103 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 5:46 AM Last edited by Meche882245 : 27th Jul 2007 at 6:01 AM.
Hey, just a question. I'm kind of new to this and I was wondering, when you said how to install it, what did you mean by "expand"? Also, just to make sure, there was only one file in the "Baskerville_neighbourhood_N513.rar" right? And that was the Folder that was titled "N513", right? Sorry, I'm throwing myself into a panic attack here thinking that I accidentally deleted something that I wasn't supposed to have or I forgot to move something to the Neighbourhoods folder, lol.

~*Meche882245*~
Test Subject
#104 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 10:22 AM
Really wonderful work, i can't wait to download and play in this neighbourhood. Thanks to all for sharing.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#105 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 12:20 PM
Juliejaz1, thanks for the feedback again!

Meche882245, expand = unrar. Everything else, see OP:

Quote:
1. Download Baskerville_CustomContent.rar, expand and put in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
2. Download Baskerville_Neighbourhood.rar, expand and put in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighbourhoods
3. If you want, download the extra lots and install them the usual way
4. Start your game: Baskerville should appear as last entry in your Neighbourhoods menu (unless you already have one that has a higher number).

Why do you think you've deleted something? Does anything not work? You don't mention the actual problem you're having ..

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 2:09 PM
My neighborhood is about 50 MB. -_-
Instructor
#107 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 5:29 PM
Hi there Plasticbox and many, many thanks for all your gegorious lots and as an extra special this fantastic neighborhood. I downloaded the CC-file and the neighbourhood_N513.rar, extractet and placed all the stuff following your instructions.
It all worked perfect and I just must say I'm impressed.
My first poor girl visited the cemetary at night for the wishing well to get some friends and romance. It was sooooo beautiful there at night with the candles on the graves, etc... an her wishes was good...
I'm so happy and you so great!

/Lisen

(sorry for my english it's not my native language you know...)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 7:47 PM
Lisen, thanks for the report!

(don't worry, your English is almost perfect -- a million times better than my Swedish!)

Quote: Originally posted by AmyMercury1
My neighborhood is about 50 MB. -_-

Sounds realistic?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#109 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 11:18 PM
Hey, when you unrar the files, is it okay to leave all of the custom content in the folder inside the downloads folder?

~*Meche882245*~
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 11:30 PM
Again: if you're experiencing a problem, please describe the symptoms. Don't expect me to walk you through every single step just because you want to chat. Thanks.

Test Subject
#111 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 11:44 PM
Okay, I'm not experiencing a problem, I was just wondering: when you unrar the custom content folder, there is a folder inside that says "baskerville_customcontent". Is it okay to leave that folder inside the downloads folder the way it is?
Test Subject
#112 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:07 AM
This is a great download!! I always have trouble making houses and community lots for custom neighborhoods and this is perfect. I also wanted to say that even though I don't have Nightlife installed, only Open For Business and Seasons, that it still works in my game! Obviously the objects that came with NL don't show up but I have had no problems playing this neighborhood so far.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 2:43 AM
duckman, thanks for the info regarding NL -- good to know!

Meche882245, right underneath the downloads above is a link that says "Need help with downloading or installing content? Click this link!". Please click that. There's a whole chapter on subfolders on the wiki.

Lab Assistant
#114 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 3:38 AM
Good but... You couldn't try compacting it al up into a single file???
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#115 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 4:00 AM
cjh3787, read the OP. Thanks.

Lab Assistant
#116 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 12:19 PM Last edited by Melba 1496 : 28th Jul 2007 at 2:06 PM. Reason: Too, too fabulous
This was a tremendous undertaking. But if anyone can do it successfully...it is you. Thank you.

Thank you is not enough. I dled per your detailed directions and it is such a cool neighborhood. I LOVE it!!
Thank you again.
Test Subject
#117 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 7:00 PM
Haha, this is just great... I saw the neighbourhood here on Mod and decided to download everything. I placed it in the places you said it should be put, it doesn't show up on the neighbourhood screen, so i delete my previous neighbourhoods except the maxis made ones. Then i try to extract it again placing it in the neighbourhood folder.
Placing the Baskerville_Neighbourhood.rar into: My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighbourhoods
Then i check that folder on the normal outlook express and it's there. N513. I lauch the game, then look at the neighbourhood screen, move to the next pace of neighbourhoods, nothing's there.... Any ideas what's wrong?

(Edit: placed the other files in the other places it was stated that they were supposed to be placed btw)
Test Subject
#118 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 0Ally0
Haha, this is just great... I saw the neighbourhood here on Mod and decided to download everything. I placed it in the places you said it should be put, it doesn't show up on the neighbourhood screen, so i delete my previous neighbourhoods except the maxis made ones. Then i try to extract it again placing it in the neighbourhood folder.
Placing the Baskerville_Neighbourhood.rar into: My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighbourhoods
Then i check that folder on the normal outlook express and it's there. N513. I lauch the game, then look at the neighbourhood screen, move to the next pace of neighbourhoods, nothing's there.... Any ideas what's wrong?

(Edit: placed the other files in the other places it was stated that they were supposed to be placed btw)

The same thing happened to me when i extracted the file elsewhere and then manually moved it into the right folder, it works perfectly if i extract it into the neighbourhood folder directly though. maybe you could try that
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 0Ally0

You mean you put the rar there? You need to unrar it first ... the FOLDER goes into /Neighbourhoods, not the rar. Not sure if this is what you mean, but you sound a bit like it.

Also, with the servers here being so busy atm, I think it's possible that the download isn't complete (not sure what kind of error checking WinRAR does) -- somebody else seems to have had an incomplete download before, obviously that won't work. Off the top of my head, the folder should be about 22MB uncompressed, with 25 files in the Lots subfolder. Can you check if that is the case?

No need to delete any other neighbourhoods btw, or anything else.

And try what AsModEaN said, of course -- I've never used WinRAR so I've no idea what kind of difference this makes, but it can't hurt to give it a shot =)

Test Subject
#120 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 11:07 AM
The .zip's of these two files seem to be broken:

baskerville_lot06_BirchAlley07_School.zip
baskerville_lot07_BirchAlley03.zip
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 1:18 PM
Have you tried redownloading?

Test Subject
#122 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 4:09 PM
I tried to unrar it then manually put it into the folder, didn't show up then, tried to directly unrar the file directly to the folder, didn't work either. I counted the files in the lots and it is 25 files.
Pretty weird that it doen't work =S
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 4:39 PM
You're sure you're putting it into the right folder? Is this a default install or do you happen to have multiple user accounts, a nondefault location, or the BaseGameStarter installed?

Also, you did page through the available hoods until the last page, yes? (the one that has the option to add a new hood)

Do you have Seasons at all? Your profile only says Original+Uni+NL?

Test Subject
#124 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 7:36 PM
Woops, yes i have seasons, and pets, only forgot to update that part on my profile. I have only one user on this pc, my account. Don't have the basegamestarter installed and i did look throught the pages at the hoods yes. Nothing.

Meh, when i reinstall the entire sims game i'll try to get in the game again, might be something borky in the game, been a while since i reinstalled it. Time will tell. But thank you for trying to help me plasticbox. =)
Field Researcher
#125 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 9:35 PM
I've been loving being in this neighborhood for a couple of weeks now. It's really great. Thank you.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Page 5 of 9