Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

GunMod's Radiance Light System 2.1

by GunMod Posted 5th Nov 2005 at 3:32 AM - Updated 16th May 2009 at 10:18 AM by Numenor : Updated info and links

715 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 708 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 29 of 29
Test Subject
#701 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 3:14 AM
I love you GunMod! This looks incredibly awesome! I'm going to download it right now, dang you deserve some sort of highly honorable award! I'm just stunned, you are truly truly talented. By the way I figured out what I did wrong with your camera mod and fixed it (yay!) falls to ground and worships at gunmod's feet (haha jk I only worship God and Jesus)

Stargirl9791
Test Subject
#702 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 11:11 PM
Wow. this is just amazing.
Cant wait to try it out.

You should never come between a woman and her dream, and a man who never knew his place.

Livejournal
Top Secret Researcher
#703 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:03 PM
It's cool, but I'm not fond of the 6 am/pm lighting.. especially Twilight. Too red for me.

ENTJ
Test Subject
#704 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 3:27 PM
Thank you for this!

I tried installing the manual by copying and pasting the command in the The Sims 2 file located in the Program File, however, it won't let me save..."Access Denied". I am the Admin so I have no idea why it's doing that.

Thank you any help.
Instructor
#705 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 11:29 PM
this didn't work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#706 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 7:57 PM
Im having issues with this download:/

Maybe I could have help?
I really have no idea why it's not working, I mean It's a zip File and those files always have a good outcome for me.
I did both the Auto and Manual. At separate times, I did Manual first, the first time I attempted to download, and Auto today, as the second attempt to download.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Download file - move to desktop- extract file - place in C(Meagan):/Documents/EA games
Do I put it in the Downloads folder? or Just EA games?
And what Package do I put it under, The sims 2, The sims 2 Nightlife, The sims 2 Store edition, the sims 2 Double Deluxe, etc.?
Please help, I am really admiring this download, and would be ever so grateful to use it!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#707 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 10:02 PM
Full install instructions are in the initial post, please read them again so that you understand. It tells you where to extract to and what the install patch should be.

If you are still having problems, you can use the Scriptorium to install the later versions of this mod- again the links for this and instructions are in the first post.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#708 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 11:44 PM
Wonderful work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#709 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 4:41 AM
Thanks heaps i love it i think maxis should use you instead lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#710 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 12:26 AM
O M G....Is this for realz?! Thank you so much!!!! YOU ARE AN AMAZING PERSON XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#711 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 11:24 AM
This is a lifesaver. Thank you so much for creating this (it couldn't have been easy LOL). It's my favourite download, my second favourite is your Camera Mod which I love to death Thank you GunMod!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#712 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 9:10 AM
The best mod for the lights! You're the best modder! :p
Field Researcher
#713 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 11:08 PM
I loved everything about this mod, except that it had a tendensy to make everything that wasn't directly lit, black. So if I placed a door and there was sunlight hitting it from one room but not the other, one side of the door would show as bright white and the other as pitch black, which I don't find very realistic as there was still light in the dark room, just no DIRECT light coming at it.

Furthermore, I experienced a glitch when I put a doorway (I think it's called in English, when it's just a frame with no door in it?). I should have taken a screenshot, but I always forget. I had made a hallway, so I had the front door in glass, bringing light into the hallway. Then I placed a doorway (or whatever it's called) at the opposite side of the hallway (approxemately 3 tiles away) and once I placed it, the light that was let into the hall through the front door disappeared and instead came through the doorway and into the livingroom. Transportation much?

Other objects would also turn pitch black when placed inside. Even in a fully daylight-lit room. For these reasons, I had to remove the mod. The idea behind it is great and I would have loved to use it if the contrast had perhaps been a little less extreme.

Thank you, nontheless!
Test Subject
#714 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 8:36 PM
I really, really want to download this and put it in my game. It looks awesome, but will it work with Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?
Test Subject
#715 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 5:42 PM
Posting this here for ease of access. Yes it does work with The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection.
Here is an easy to follow guide on how to install GunMod's Radiance Light System with TS2:UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Your game is your game. You do whatever you need to do to enjoy it and don't get bogged down in keeping it pristine. You can't play soccer with a clean ball.
Forum Resident
#716 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 12:07 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 24th Aug 2019 at 12:38 AM.
Appreciate your wish to give UC downloaders easy access to up-to-date installation directions, FoxChicken!

However, just down the thread from ovenhole's directions that you linked as a single post, there's mention (starting here) that the Scriptorium (compatible with all game versions including the UC) auto-installs Radiance in just one click---so quite a lot less work.

In fact, ovenhole stated themselves in that same thread that if they were installing Radiance today, they'd use the Scriptorium method.

Even more important, UC users should note that the version of Radiance in this download thread is outdated for them. For compatibility with M&G and all stuff packs, anyone who wants to install the UC-compatible versions of Radiance, whether by hand or Scriptorium autoinstall, should check the front page of this download for links to an updated Radiance version instead.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Page 29 of 29