Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Testers Wanted] Longer Halo Mesh only for female adults

by wilhelmina Posted 2nd Jun 2005 at 3:27 AM - Updated 13th Jun 2005 at 6:09 AM by wilhelmina : FIXED

92 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Jun 2005 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riochet32
I'm Sorry! I didn't mean that it was bad! I think you did a great job! I'm just saying I don't like hair that long either! Sorry everyone took it the wrong way!

That's ok honey... you don't need to apologize for saying what you think. I don't like hair that long either and I didn't take it the wrong way. I did this mesh because I know there are people who like hair this long and I thought it would help. Besides, we're all entitled to have an opinion... right? Don't worry, it's all ok.

My Sim Page at The Exchange

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

I'm thinking of changing my signature but I have no imagination
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 9th Jun 2005 at 8:34 PM
WOW I love it!
#28 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 3:58 AM
Wow... That is VERY long hair! Good Job!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 5:34 AM
Thank you... I'm glad you like it.

#30 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 1:59 AM Last edited by Symbelina : 11th Jun 2005 at 2:03 AM.
Hi!

It looks really really good - I will give it a test run.

Is it OK if I make it red hair and post to the Exchange at www.thesims2.com?

Someone there wanted a Green Day sim with red hair. Maybe I will give it a try.

I will see if you say it's OK first. I dont know if that is considered for pay or what.

I wish I knew how to make meshes! I cannot make head or tails out of any mesh tutorials.

PS, since I have not ever used someone else's sim before - could you tell me where to put the download and how to recolor it? :blush: The normal way in Body Shop + PSP?

It's in downloads right not but I don't know if it's in Sims downloads.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 3:07 AM
Hi, you can recolor the mesh and put it anywhere you want, as long as you give me credit for it (that is, mention that I created the mesh and that it's located here at modthesims2) And the way to recolor is the traditional way. You have to put the mesh in the Downloads folder, just like everything else, and then open Bodyshop and recolor as you would recolor a piece of clothing or whatever. I hope I helped and let me know when you recolor it so I can see it.

Test Subject
#32 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 5:49 PM
Default Hair down to there
Quote: Originally posted by JoKBrasil
does anyone here have a hair this long?

My best friend does; she's 23 and has never cut it. She ought get an honorary physics degree just for being able to sit down with that mop! It is awfully unusual in the United States, though; she can't walk through the mall without people commenting (gawker: "Wow--do you know how long your hair is?" she: "*gasp!doubletake* Omigawd, when did that happen?!")
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 11th Jun 2005 at 6:27 PM
Hi quantum, I know a woman that has never cut her hair and she has the same problems your friend has. To be honest, I don't like hair like that in real life, but I thought it would be fun to see a Sim with a lot of hair.

Test Subject
#34 Old 13th Jun 2005 at 1:32 PM
Thankyou. As a newbie I will give it my best shot. I think it looks great and will get back to you on performance
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th Jun 2005 at 6:32 PM
Thank you... I'd really appreciate it. I can tell you all I tested my hair in game and when the sims are doing yoga... the hair doesn't bend. But it's not a major issue, since the animation for the other stuff looks good.

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Jun 2005 at 10:24 PM
Does this mesh require Uni?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 14th Jun 2005 at 12:31 AM
I don't think it requires the EP... you should try it 'cause I never know when it does or doesn't require Uni... sorry for not being able to help.

Lab Assistant
#38 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 12:24 PM
Hehe, my hair is waist-long (hey, you should see reactions here in Greece when people see a man with a hair like that! Whenever I go to trim it the old ladies who happen to be at the hair stylist's start mumbling about God not being fair for giving men hair like mine!) and it gets caught in armchairs and stuff all the time...can't imagine how it would be with a hair that sweeps the floor! Not to mention washing it!!! Your mesh looks nicely done Wilhelmina, personally I won't use it as a) it is a bit (?!) too long, and b) I don't have University (well, I will get it tomorrow, I ordered it today!), but credit has to go where credit is due!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 10:02 PM
Thanks for all of your compliments... and I don't like hair that long either... it was a request so I made the mesh... By the way... I can't imagine a man with hair that long... it must be really hard work to keep it groomed all the time.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wilhelmina
Thanks for all of your compliments... and I don't like hair that long either... it was a request so I made the mesh... By the way... I can't imagine a man with hair that long... it must be really hard work to keep it groomed all the time.

Not really...been wearing my hair long for the past 7 years and it's in a pretty good shape. All it really needs is shampoo, conditioner, towel-drying and combing, hair-driers and sprays etc are an absolute no-no. And I try and keep it untied whenever I can. :D

Let the Beast inside you free!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 4:40 PM
Oh... I know what you mean... I don't dry my hair or use hair sprays, even though it's really hard to comb it because it's curly and you know how unmannageable that can get... I'm guessing your hair is straight... right?

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wilhelmina
Oh... I know what you mean... I don't dry my hair or use hair sprays, even though it's really hard to comb it because it's curly and you know how unmannageable that can get... I'm guessing your hair is straight... right?

Yep...fortunately it's straight, looks pretty much like the long hair mesh for men in Uni, but waist-long (any chance you could make such a mesh btw?). Only problem is when it gets tangled by the wind or after I've been headbanging for two hours in a heavy metal concert! Ouch! :argh:

Let the Beast inside you free!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 6:30 PM
I can try... I've never made male hair before... but I will definately try. Don't knwo when I'll be done, but I'll try. And... that's gotta hurt!!!! :P

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 8:08 PM
I found out it works without University, but it looks weird and doesn't bend (is it supposed to bend?)
Anyway I still like it and I'll redownload it when I get Uni.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 4:19 AM
I've tried to make it bend... but couldn't achieve it. You see... when the hair is this long... it's really hard to assing the appropriate animations to each of the bones. I guess you'll have to bare with that little "bug" for now if you want to use the mesh. Sorry.

Scholar
#46 Old 28th Jun 2005 at 2:20 PM
very unique! thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 6:03 PM
Again... thank you for liking it.

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 4:58 AM
It's beautiful.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 30th Jun 2005 at 8:55 AM
Thank you very much... I'm really glad everyone likes my meshes.

Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Jul 2005 at 1:28 AM
I love this hair! My own hair was about half this length(to my knees) last summer. I finally got it cut off to my shoulders, because hair that length in a Mississippi summer is NOT a good thing...lol.
I can't wait to try this out in my game.
Page 2 of 4