Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mannequin babies can be born

by bloodredtoe Posted 9th Jul 2008 at 3:13 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 10:01 PM by bloodredtoe : added info

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 79 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#26 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 10:27 AM Last edited by JLonier : 11th Jul 2008 at 10:33 AM.
That'll be about enough everyone 'mkay? This went through the moderation process. If you don't have anything nice or constructive to say then move along without commenting. Anyone doing otherwise from here on out will receive a warning.

Thank you.

ETA Thank you blueizumi and chaavik for explaining so well.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Tragic Mime
It works great and fine, I love how my game doesn't crash, but every baby with a mannequin mother or father is mannequin as well. EVERY baby.

This is because mannequin skintone is highly dominative. That means it dominates over every one of the four game's basic skintones. As well it's equally dominative as alien, so if you have an alien/mannequin baby it can have either mannequin or alien skin.

Quote: Originally posted by Hardy boyz
One question.
What is Mannequin?

Mannequin is a mannequinIt's used eg. in BodyShop to present pieces of clothing, makeup etc. and it has its own skintone (gray). Entering CAS in debug mode allows you to choose this skintone for your regular sim. Problem was they couldn't have babies, because it crashed the game due to missing files (you don't makeover babies and they don't appear in BSh so the baby age for mannequin wasn't needed; of course unless somebody decided to mess with debug mode).
Theorist
#28 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 5:25 PM
just want to clear things up

@blueizumi : I do have pics

@chaavik : I also added the baby, toddler and kids version of the skins (teens version too in some cases, like plantsim skin), not only unlocking them

However, it's not exactly the same, my version doesn't override Maxis's skin, unlike this one anyway thanks TashaFaun for the recognition

Hope it'll be clear once and for all.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodredtoe
Mannequin is a mannequinIt's used eg. in BodyShop to present pieces of clothing, makeup etc. and it has its own skintone (gray). Entering CAS in debug mode allows you to choose this skintone for your regular sim. Problem was they couldn't have babies, because it crashed the game due to missing files (you don't makeover babies and they don't appear in BSh so the baby age for mannequin wasn't needed; of course unless somebody decided to mess with debug mode).

Ah, when I read the your first line... I was like, I knew that
Thanks for explainen.

//HB

♥Adam Ant♥
No, I don't take request at the moment
11/7 -09 My beautiful niece was born!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 9:32 PM
May I say that for a desaturated skin this looks quite good from what I can see so far? I haven't made an mannequin sims, but I might just have to now.
Inventor
#31 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 5:59 AM
Yes! Thank you for this. I've always wanted my manni sims to have babes and now they can.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Field Researcher
#32 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 4:50 PM
Cool, thanks
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 4:32 PM
bloodredtoe, I really like this download! I really like the screenshots you used, because it looks like a) an old black and white movie or b) something like the Addams Family (I can't decide which, but I like it!). Good job!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 6:13 PM
Awesome.I heard about another sim player who tried to make a normal/mannequin couple have a baby and it crashed,so they killed the woman and made the guy marry her sister.They should have found this.
Anyways,I freaked out when I read about it and thought,'Man,I ain't using them again,EVER!'Now I can!

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay.
So long and goodnight,so long and goodnight."-Helena,My Chemical Romance
(( ))
// \\
Test Subject
#35 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 1:39 AM
thanks for this!

Where ever you go there you are
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 3:09 AM Last edited by coolchimpy : 8th Aug 2008 at 3:28 AM.
This doesn't work for me ]:
It still crashes! Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong... ?
I have OFB, Nightlife, and University.

EDIT: I just got seasons too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolchimpy
This doesn't work for me ]:
It still crashes! Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong... ?
I have OFB, Nightlife, and University.

EDIT: I just got seasons too.

No idea. Do you have any other hacks/fixes that change something about mannequins? The only reason I can think of - something changes the hex skin id for mannequin. Did you extract it into downloads?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 11:42 PM
No, I don't have any hacks that would effect the mannequins... I think...
Well, that's okay. I can just create toddlers for my mannequin family. Babies are boring anyways [:
But thanks for this hack! I bet my game's just messed up because I fool around with it a lot. Its a good hack!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolchimpy
No, I don't have any hacks that would effect the mannequins... I think...

You for sure don't have the one that replaces default mannequin skin with one of the other defaults or something? When buying clothes - does the mannequin on the thumbnails appear gray?
Test Subject
#40 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 10:31 AM
Hallelujah, thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou
Test Subject
#41 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 5:41 PM
Thank you!!!!! I had a mannequin family that I loved, and every time I tried to get the mother to give birth the game crashed. I though I was going to have to kill her off, or not use the family!!! Thanks for saving my mannequin mommy!! =)
Field Researcher
#42 Old 24th Sep 2008 at 6:24 PM
Well, there really aren't a whole lot of maniquins in my game, one I think and she's a child, but I think it would be a good idea to have something like this in my game in case my sister ever ages her and wants her to have kids.
I read through the conversations in here about the other version, so I compared the two and looking at them, I decided this was the version I wanted, so thanks for making it.
Just to be sure, I wanted to know if this will allow my sister's already made sim girl to have a child without problem or if it will only work on new sims? See that's why I chose this version. From what I can tell of the other, my sister's sim would be uneffected by it. Thank you.
Test Subject
#43 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 9:07 AM
I have a problem. The mother cannot give birth to a mannequin twins! Is there any fix to it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sinery_kate
I have a problem. The mother cannot give birth to a mannequin twins! Is there any fix to it?

I tested twins and they're born just fine. Must be some other problem.

Quote: Originally posted by Faerieimp
Just to be sure, I wanted to know if this will allow my sister's already made sim girl to have a child without problem or if it will only work on new sims?

It worked on sims made before this hack for me. So I guess it should work
Test Subject
#45 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 1:23 PM
Mmm..maybe I'll try a mannequin sim. Just so I can use this. XD.
Awesome, btw.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 7:03 PM
treeag referred me to your page because I had asked her for help. I had a mannequin mom ready to give birth but the app. kept crashing. My son suggested it might be the skin and we found the "fix" treeag made and contacted her. Thanks to both of you little Kyra Karloff is happy, bouncy and well. And so am I. This is both a thanks and a feedback, but I have already clicked then "thanks" button, so it's feedback linked. I'm too new to this site! :D

Maer
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 5:42 PM Last edited by Alisha161 : 29th Dec 2008 at 5:33 PM.
Why photos are black-and-white?
Cause my computer is broken, I coludn't see my sims so long and I forgot how menequin Sims are looking... Actually, I can't see them, too.
#48 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 5:00 PM
Not sure if this has been posted,but while using this package file,I'm unable to have sims move out.It does not work...Go to a lot where i do not have mannequin and I'm able to move them out just fine
Field Researcher
#49 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
And if it was just once I probably would not have said anything but it seems to be a trend on this site to have a bunch of the same thing. Treeag fixed her mistake right after she uploaded so it wasn't really "recently" that it was updated. The problem with crashing was noticed and she fixed it. I just don't see a problem with getting an "older" one as long as its been updated.

Actually,Treeag had added an extra mannequin skin that didn't replace the Maxis one.This hack is for those who don't use Treeag's skin,but use the Maxis mannequin instead.

I,personally,wish this had come out sooner,before I found out that mannequin sims can't have babies without crashing.Now if you excuse me,I'm going to make a gothic family with this skin,just because I can. :P

"What's the worst that I can say?
Things are better if I stay.
So long and goodnight,so long and goodnight."-Helena,My Chemical Romance
(( ))
// \\
Test Subject
#50 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 5:00 AM
I just wanted to say thank you for this. I was beating my brains in trying to figure out why I kept crashing, until I realized there probably wasn't a skin for mannequin babies
Page 2 of 5