Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tenant and Landlord Mod v3.2 << UPDATED: 11/05/2006 <<

by monique Posted 6th Jul 2006 at 12:14 AM - Updated 7th Nov 2006 at 11:13 AM by monique

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 208 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 9
Test Subject
#201 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 5:32 AM
I have all EPs/SPs and tried this mod but it didn't work properly. I was able to use the interactions for selling the house and got the message to go to the buyer's house. When I got the the New owner's house the deed was in his inventory but there were no options for setting rates. Has anyone used this mod effectively with AL/MG?
Top Secret Researcher
#202 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 2:06 PM
You say please don't make a home business or do Make Many. What would happen if you do Make many if you play tenant, landlord?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Test Subject
#203 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 7:35 PM Last edited by gorgodo : 6th Jul 2011 at 11:32 AM.
I have all eps up to seasons. I was also able to sell the house via the deed, but once I entered the new owner's home and claimed the property, there is no option to set rent. The only options are: (a) View, and (b) Present Owner = [name]. No way to gain from the property at all.

Correction: I had made the mistake of transferring property instead of selling, which removed my option to set rent. It works great now. Fantastic mod!
Theorist
#204 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 10:23 AM
I cannot find this mod in the game, no matter where I look... There's nothing like that in Buy/Misc/Misc, either.

I see that people with AL use this mod, where is it situated? I used it before successfully myself, a year ago or so, but now it's nowhere to be found.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#205 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 8:29 AM
Woow!! I love this mod, I looove playing this way, my lifetime dream! My sims to have a guest house, i like guest houses, I work in an international guest house, im a janitor ^__^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#206 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 7:03 PM
Is there a way to convert this to Sims 3?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#207 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 11:13 PM
The Mod wont work for me and were do you buy the deed
Test Subject
#208 Old 13th May 2014 at 7:46 PM
How do you use this mod? Pls give me step by step instructions. Ty.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#209 Old 14th May 2014 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by corenthia1985
How do you use this mod? Pls give me step by step instructions. Ty.

There are step by step instructions on the overview page of the mod. Just read everything the creator put there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#210 Old 14th May 2014 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There are step by step instructions on the overview page of the mod. Just read everything the creator put there.

I did. The deed always ends up disappearing when I move the tenant in, or who is supposed to stay in the house?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#211 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 11:24 AM
thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#212 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 4:11 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#213 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 6:23 PM
What a great idea, thanks!
Instructor
#214 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chaotess
I've been trying to figure out how to make this work for a landlord living in a building and renting out rooms to others, but I don't think that's how this works. This is more for a landlord renting a lot or house to someone else. That'll work great for my Landgrab family. However, in case anyone is curious, I just came up w/ a supersimple alternate plan for my original scenario. Using Monique's computer, I have all the tennants keep their money seperate, that way they keep their earnings. Doing that, I can just use the transfer money function to move money from their account to the landlord's in whatever amount I feel like charging for rent. I feel kinda silly for not having thought of it before, as I use the banking functions all the time.

That is a very good idea, and I think that method in use as well as this mod, I'll be able to create quite the complex world where my Sims have to deal with landlords that don't come by to maintain the lot. Jeez, I always did find the Apartment Life expansion lacking the truth.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Test Subject
#215 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 5:03 AM
Hello can you possibly make this for Sims 4 or if you don't make mods any more give someone else the Ok to make this for Sims 4,I LOVED it in Sims 2 !!!
Test Subject
#216 Old 6th May 2020 at 12:33 AM
Hey! I recently downloaded this (rediscovering a love for the Sims 2 with economy gameplay) but it doesn't seem to work, other than showing me a 'view' option when I click the cloned diploma.

I have the Ultimate Collection downloaded through Origin, and appreciate this is a RELLY old mod that's unsupported now - just wondered if anyone else had experienced this and knew a fix, something maybe I'm missing? TIA.
Page 9 of 9