Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Site Helper
#251 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DollyRot
Timezones confuses the heck out of me.

Don't worry; you aren't the only one.

(I can lose track of time while I'm looking at a clock. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#252 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:31 PM
Due to far too many things going on with both my boyfriend's and my own busy lives I'm dropping out of this contest. I'll be watching and rooting though! It was fun .
Lab Assistant
#253 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:45 PM
No need to finish judging my first round entry, it would not change anything about the final score. As I see I am on last place of all people who finished all rounds.
Site Helper
#254 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:48 PM
aba, this is the first time I have ever done this well, so I do understand how you feel.

(((HUGS)))

I do like your entries.

Chibspan, We will miss you.

Edit for Aba: with Chibspan dropping out, your first round remainder and the bonus round you did might bump you up a place. Depending on the scores.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Inventor
Original Poster
#255 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:46 PM
Okay. While we wait for bonus round scores, here's round four:
++++++++++

Round Four is all about freedom. Freedom of expression, freedom of names, freedom of photos. But what, exactly, freedoms to do?
Basically, in round four you'll be creating the next generation. The next generation of what? That's up to you. Pick any round (including the bonus round and application) and tell the story of the generation that came after them. Let's hear about Allen Price's first son, or Sim #2's adopted daughter. Let's hear about the barren birth of "Bl"'s wife, or anything else that comes to mind. Here's the deal though: No words.
The only text in your entry may be the names of the people in the photographs, plus minimum explanation. For example:

The man in the military uniform is Uncle Joel, and the two teens are my older siblings, Seth and Cora; this was at Uncle Joel's birthday party back in 1972.
That's it. You may use the title bar. But that's it. Minimum of five pictures required, maximum of one sentence per picture. The rest, you know the drill. This round will also be judged differently:
Sim creativity /15
Photos /10
How the pictures tell the story /25
Total: /50
Scholar
#256 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:17 PM
Aba, don't be disheartened, top four is still a good place. It's higher than I have ever gotten.
Inventor
Original Poster
#257 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 11:34 PM
Here are the scores as they stand now, plain and simple:

Ghost: 640
clw8: 622
Happyasabunny: 572
aba23: 538
Nayanrose: 486.5
Jaliban12345: 309.5
Dreamydre15: 151
Happybunny: 128

As of now, the four toppies are Aba, Happyasa, Clw8, and Ghost. Aba, you will notice that your score is bumped up; i finally just added the score for your missing round. I think that settles everything. Wow, I can't believe from 14 contestants we're down to eight! And six that have participated past app round...
Oh well.
Scholar
#258 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:51 AM
don't worry jewaukeela - the entire contest area has actually suffered from the merge. but, atleast you have a few contestants still completing the contest

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Inventor
Original Poster
#259 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 1:47 AM
Yeah, and I have a great idea for my next contest, but unfortunately it'll be on hold until after camp. Anyway, have fun with the last round!
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 2:10 AM
I might be dissapointed by times but that does not mean that I do not have fun in contests. Self criticism is not a bad thing somtimes...however with all the merger and downtimes of the forum and my tardiness with round1, this contest was a bit confusing at times.

But I am looking forward to your next contest.
Now let me see what I can do with the freedom of round four...
Site Helper
#261 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 2:18 PM
Looking at my scoring, my pictures are my weakest area. Telling a story with just pictures is going to be an interesting challenge.

Inventor
Original Poster
#262 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:38 PM
That's the spirit! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Lab Assistant
#263 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jewaukeela
Round Four is all about freedom. Freedom of expression, ..... Here's the deal though: No words.

Just read the rules for round for again and I liked how you put this together. Especially this part quoted above, I love it

It is really difficult to do...let the picture carry the story...not easy...I could not make something good up...until now
Inventor
Original Poster
#264 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:00 PM
Yep, four more days to get those entries in.
Site Helper
#265 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:36 PM
Default Aodhan's daughter
I've decided to stop second guessing my pictures, especially as my game has decided to have thunderstorms every time one of my sims goes outside. Are these captions alright, or do I need to re-write them?

Valeria: feminine of Valerius; meaning Strong, and name of numerous saints and martyrs
Alvar: elf army or elf warrior, from alfr (elf) and arr (warrior)

Valeria has my eyes and my nose, but where did that black hair come from?

The Shadowking's minions held my daughter hostage

Until Mystislav found out where they were.

Alvar was also a captive.

Fate works in mysterious ways

Only my daughter would continue with an outdoor wedding in a thunderstorm.

So that's where the red hair went!

Inventor
Original Poster
#266 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:20 PM
Your captions are great, Ghost! :D
Lab Assistant
#267 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:15 AM
Default Round 4-Freedom-The Prices next generations
What happened to the Prices daughters? A look at Lexi

Lexi Price - daughter of Allen and Miranda Price
picture taken at College freshmen year, two weeks after the Interview with the Prices

Lexi with College sweatheart Luis Skyler, during Sophomore Year

Lexi pregnant carrying (her fiances) Luis Skylers's baby during Junior Year

Lexi and baby girl Melinda

Melinda Skyler four Years old

Melinda Skyler - little lady

Melinda showing attitude at her first day of school
Site Helper
#268 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:01 PM
That is a great entry Aba! Good luck!

Scholar
#269 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:09 PM
Default Round 4 - clw8
Alexis Richardson's long lost daughter...23 years later.
Round 4
----
----
|Newly-weds Oscar & Sydney Degeneres move into a fixer-upper|

|Behind these walls relationships bloom|

|Renovating an old kitchen harvests a lifetime of love|

|A beautiful May baby, Mara, is a gift any mother would adore|

|A loving wife, a beautiful daughter, and a cozy house . . . what more can a man ask for|

----
----
Hope ya like.
clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Site Helper
#270 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:33 PM
Oh, that's sweet!

When is the round ending?

Lab Assistant
#271 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 12:21 AM
June 7th as far as the time schedule on the first page says
Site Helper
#272 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:12 AM
Yes, but that would be today. And if she is in the eastern time zone, June 7 ends in about 3 hours. But the title still says 3 days for Round 4.

I was wondering if she is giving people more time to get entries in. We still need to see ones from Happyasabunny, NyanRose, Jaliban, Dreamydre, and Happybunny.

(Although if Happyasabunny doesn't get an entry in, you will have jumped into third place. You might manage to get up to third even if Happyasabunny does get an entry in, simply on that 4th round entry and the fact that you did a bonus round. You did a good job.)

Inventor
Original Poster
#273 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:33 AM
yeah, but unless someone gets one in in the next hour, it's a no-no. PMing the judges now.
Scholar
#274 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:55 AM
Sent my scores in lovelys
Site Helper
#275 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 3:07 AM
I've been walking into walls for the past week because I thought I was dreaming, so I didn't need to bother with doors.

This is the first time I have ever gone into the final round of a contest doing this well. I'm usually in Aba's situation. So I'm excited to see how I did, but I'm even more excited to see how he did.

Waiting is going to be the hardest part.

Page 11 of 12