Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Call Private School Phone Plug-in (Updated 11/7/2006)

by syberspunk Posted 18th Feb 2006 at 4:59 AM - Updated 7th Nov 2006 at 6:58 AM by syberspunk : updated for ZOMGPETS!!!111oneone

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 8:55 AM
Ok. Yet another attempt at a bug fix. I got an error log from another user, and this time it is a different problem. The dreaded 'too many iterations' kind.

I've cleaned up the code and hopefully this will lessen the number of iterations and prevent it. This kind of error is a bit tough to track down, but I think what I've done should fix the problem. I had a couple of extra checks, just to verify things, but they probably weren't really necessary and just overkill on my part. Again, I'm not getting this kind of error, most likely because my testing 'hood and even my regular game 'hood do not have a lot of sims yet. If you have a lot of sims, you are prone to getting 'too many iterations' because the code has to search through your 'hood when looking for sims. Therefore, the more sims you have, the more likely you might get this error.

:sorry: again for all the constant updating. However, once again, I have tried this in several different households, but my 'hoods just don't have the proper testing environment, with effects due to long term play. Since I personally am not getting these errors, I must rely on users to test and report back any further errors.

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation.

Ste
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 3:45 PM
I've installed your new version and can confirm that it is working for me at least on regular residential lots. I don't have a huge number of sims either-- I play them all, so it takes a bit of time to build up a substantial neighborhood-- though the way the Smiths are breeding it probably won't be too long before the whole place is full of them!

Miao.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 5:45 PM
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for all your hard work and keeping up with all the little issues that have been croping up. It is much appreciated. I haven't been able to play Sims 2 recently very often to test out your new versions because of work and kids and that dreaded thing called real life; but I'm glad to know when I do get to play, most of the bugs in this mod will be worked out. Thanks alot for all the hard work!
Test Subject
#54 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 9:29 PM
oops I forgot to send my error log from the other day Sorry . Anyway I will try this new version and see because I was having the problem in Brandi Broke's house with
'too many iterations' .
Test Subject
#55 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 5:16 PM
hmm I am still getting the 'too many iterations' error. I am sending my error log.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 2:18 AM
Just to be consistent with my post on MATY, I am posting an update. I discovered some more bugs and I stripped down the code in hopes that it will solve the 'too many iterations' error. In my limited testing so far, it seems to work. However, as I've mentioned, I do not have a 'proper' testing environment. Please download the newer version and report any errors that you might find. Include an error log if possible.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and constant updating. :sorry:

Ste
Test Subject
#57 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 4:07 AM
I LOVE YOU!!!! <3 thats all i have to say. when you have a family that wants ten kids and you dont exactly get them all out at once seeing as you can only have 8 ppl on a lot and any sane person would have a few at a time or in generations as to keep from having like a billion screaming toddlers *twitches in fear* anyway it really sucks when you want all smart sims and you are always calling the headmaster dude and your like wtf you were just here you should my house rules my teenager is in your school but alas it doesnt happen until now! ewith you and your awesomeness. i worship you...i am done talking now

Just and ordinary girl on a never ending road trip.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 7:38 AM
i look forward to testing this. It seems highly useful, though I do have a rather full neighborhood.

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Test Subject
#59 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 3:43 PM
YES !! Thank you soo much. It just drove me bonkers that i had to ::sigh:: impress that headmaster once again. Ended up using that DMAteleporter gadget for the teen cheat (only used the private school cheat of that part). Here i am, Gen 7, (yes, i do play the Legacy Challenge with a few small rule changes, just to make it more realistic) the main family is richer than God, sheesh, the whole clan could build their OWN Private school if they wanted, and we have to IMPRESS this dude, just to get a few Asperation points?? LOL Thank you, thank you, thank you...
Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 8:26 PM
Wow! I tested it on all my lots, in all diff hoods (i dont have uni yet so I cant give you results on that)
At first, I thought that it was conflicting with my FFS but I realized that that was something else! It works great!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 1:09 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense for the interaction to be availible anytime from 15:30 to 8:00? Also, will "Legacy enroll" work if I use SimPE to add into the father a memory of being accepted into private school? I still like it though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 6th Aug 2006 at 9:38 AM
I might consider changing/expanding the availability time for the phone call. The reason why I restricted it was, because I cloned it from the Call in Sick to Work interaction, which has time restrictions as well. I thought it would make sense to restrict the time to just before school starts in the morning, and a little after the time that school ends. I felt that it wouldn't make sense to just call and have sims switch schools in the middle of the day while they are at school. I also thought it would sort of make sense that you can only call during 'working hours' and any later than that, school administrative people should be off from work by then. :D

We'll see... as of right now, I don't have the time, nor do I have any plans as of yet to update this.

As for the memory thing... if they are an adult, I think that should work. I don't remember off the top of my head... but I think that when it scans the parents to see if they are valid, it should simply check if the parent has a memory of being accepted to private school. The sim that you want to enroll then, of course must meet the other requirements:

1) currently be in public school
2) have a grade that is C or higher

I think those are the only other requirements.

Ste
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 9:12 AM
It doesn't appear to work with Pets. Any plans to update. I miss this!

Click here for my creations! Includes toddler outfits, nighties, alien eyes, custom majors, the t-shirt in my avatar and much more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 12:19 AM
I have not had time to test this out yet, but I've been informed that phone call plug-ins have been borked. When I find the time, I'll look into seeing if I can update this easily for Pets. For now, I recommend that you do not use this if you have Pets. If you can produce an error log and attach it, that might help.

Ste
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:57 AM
Due to significant code changes in the way the game handles phones, the phone call options have now moved to the sim pie menu i.e. you must click on the sim in order for the Call... options to show up. These options will show up on the sim regardless of whether they have a cellphone or not. If they do not have a cell phone, they will attempt to use a landline.

The ZOMGPETS!!!111oneoneone version should theoretically be backwards compatible as well. You don't have to update if you have OFB or older, but it should theoretically work regardless of what EP(s) you have. Still, just to be safe, I am keeping the older version available.

Please test it out. And let me know if you have any problems.

Ste
Test Subject
#66 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 11:40 PM
First of all, I want to thank you for an amazing mod. Too much drama to have the headmaster over, if you ask me.

Secondly, I'm not sure if this was already addressed by anyone experiencing problems with this feature working. I only have Uni installed and at first didn't see this option when making a call. I dunno, the strangest thing is that the option to call the private school only seems to be available from 6 - 8 am and then from 2 - 5 pm -well at least this is the case on my machine. Just thought I'd mention this. Also, I have the auto yak mod on my machine.

Happy Simming everyone!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 9:59 PM
It stopped working. I thought: Gee, I wonder if he's done a Pets version? And lo!
Thanks for looking after your creation!

Miao.
Test Subject
#68 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 3:57 PM
The option "private school" doesn't show up for me (im using Seasons)
Test Subject
#69 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 8:55 AM
I'm having this same problem.
retired moderator
#70 Old 23rd Dec 2007 at 8:39 PM
Same here... my phones do not display the options the mod is supposed to give. My parent Sims all have tokens of being accepted into private school.

You gotta have faith . . .
www.Grapholina.com
Test Subject
#71 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 5:29 PM
Anyone know if this is compatible with AL?
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 11:26 PM
i don't think so..i had it in my game and whenever i'd click the sim to enroll legacy, they would have an error, and i'd have to reset. i think that was what happpened..
if not, then maybe it was that they'd go to the phone, pick it up, and immediatly put it back.
this hack hasn't worked for me for a while. maybe since FT?
Test Subject
#73 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 5:11 AM
so this doesn't work with the latest ep? is that why i don't get the options? i try at 7:00am, nothing, but then, the child i'm trying to enroll was alien born, does that account for anything?

please and thank you for any help you can provide.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#74 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:38 PM
I like your hack (or whatever that is), but... HOW DID YOU MADE ANGELA RUN AWAY?! I'm trying and trying... but she won't leave!!
Test Subject
#75 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 3:40 AM Last edited by dannemund : 31st Oct 2011 at 3:44 AM. Reason: Expanding on feedback
Like TheVampirePandora, I also am showing nothing when this mod is installed, my Sim goes to use the phone and nothing happens other than your standard phone options. I love this mod, it's ingenious , and I'd really like to try it out! (I have NL, Seasons, FreeTime.)

I have a teen in private, so I know that's not the cause, and I've run the Hack Detection Conflict Utility from Paladin to ensure that everything is hunkydory. Every other hack/mod/object I've gotten shows up just fine, so what could that be?
Page 3 of 4