Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 10:26 PM
Well, I finally installed both the OFB and FFS patches . . . I had no problem installing either one, so so good so far. *crosses fingers.*

Back playing Sims 2 after 10 years . . .
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pfish
Here is it.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...829#post1161829

Thanks pfish!
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 6:07 AM
Shame they didn't fix the thing with the espresso machines that makes sims want it so much. Wonder if the next EP will do that?

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Test Subject
#79 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 7:31 AM
okay my game if fine, nevermind about what i said
i guess it just froze up or somethin
who knows!
Instructor
#80 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flowerpower
- Moveobject cheat can now be used to manipulate and place objects in out of bounds tiles.

Yes!! Definetely one of my favourite fixes!

I installed the patches but I cannot use move objects.. I don't know why
Test Subject
#81 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 12:58 PM
I still cant place objects out of bounds either
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yagami-sama
Shame they didn't fix the thing with the espresso machines that makes sims want it so much. Wonder if the next EP will do that?

You have that same problem? Some objects cloned from the old coffeemakers like Lethe_s's teaset do that, too . . . that's all my Sims will do if I have one of those around! *LOL!*

So far, no problems running the game with the new patches. I guess I got lucky! Usually that's not the case. :^P

Back playing Sims 2 after 10 years . . .
Field Researcher
#83 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 8:46 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with the new EP3 patch I installed, but I'm desperate.

I just reinstalled the whole game, and also the new patch. I also downloaded the Insimenator. Now my game keeps crashing after I've played a while. Could it be the patch, or Insimenator, or what the ****? What should I do? Never had this kind of problem before.

Please help!
Field Researcher
#84 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 9:08 PM
you know, i didnt have a problem with the game before i read about the patch.

while i was going down the list i saw things and thought to myself.. i dont have any of these problems, i guess i shouldnt install it!

so like, when i started my game the next day, everything went to hell.

it kind of reminds of me when you get a microwave and when the warinty is out, it breaks.

you're all a bunch of nerds like me <3
Test Subject
#85 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 10:59 PM
Stupid question... but I just saw this and I have all expansions and everything. Do I need to install the OFB patch, as well as the FFS patch? I installed the games and they patched automatically for me so I'm clueless.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 2:09 AM
I have survived this long without the patches, so i suppose i dont really need them!
If the game hasnt bothered so far, why worry?

I read all the comments you leave, even if they are made a year later, thank you all:)

Any lot building requests are considered, just pm me:)
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 10:33 AM
I had the same problem as alot of people, but I did what Squinge said and it installed fine.

Test Subject
#88 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 2:40 PM
I was wondering, I have alot of hacks and many many downloads. Do I have to go through them all and remove the hacks before I install the patches or can I just take out my downloads folder and place it somewhere else until the patches are done installing?
Test Subject
#89 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 2:44 PM
Sorry *blushes* I just saw that I have to add the hacks back in slowly to see if they will still work. So I guess I'm sorting through them all. Sorry about that.
Test Subject
#90 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 3:18 PM Last edited by Lady Shay : 21st Jun 2006 at 3:33 PM.
A month ago I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled everything. After seeing this topic I remembered that I didn't do any updates. (Thanks for reminding me.) I just installed all of the updates in the order that the software was released. (TS2, Uni, Nightlife, and OFB. I don't have Family Fun Pack.) I wanted to be sure not to miss anything. I, of course, removed my Downloads folder first.

Actually I don't think I've had any of the problems listed as fixed by the patches but I figure that not patching the game for that reason would be like not backing up my computer because it's never crashed. lol. If it says it fixes something I download it. And I keep all of my download sims 2 hacks and objects backed up and update the backup about every 20 new items or every time I REALLY REALLY like a hack or item. I can't expect to remember where I get all my items and hacks from and there's NO WAY I want to search all the way through The Sims resource again for stuff I already had. lol.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avialle
You have that same problem? Some objects cloned from the old coffeemakers like Lethe_s's teaset do that, too . . . that's all my Sims will do if I have one of those around! *LOL!*

So far, no problems running the game with the new patches. I guess I got lucky! Usually that's not the case. :^P

Yeah, with my sims its every chance they get, even if they've just got up and don't actually need it.....It is sometimes funny to watch them fight (not literally) over who gets to use it though :D

If you're interested, I just downloaded an espresso machine from here, it turns off free will use:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79172

Test Subject
#92 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 7:08 PM
Okay, so I removed all the hacks but now I have another question. Can we put seperate folders in our downloads folder? Just to keep everything sorted better. This would make removing things so much simpler. I thought I remembered someone saying awhile back ago that we could, but I just want to be sure before I try just in case it messes up my game. Thanks
Test Subject
#93 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 8:13 PM
My downloads folder has a few folders in there that work. All of them were automatically put there when I decompressed some mods (content shows up just fine if I leave them in their folders). I should probably do that with mine after I get around to the patch.
Test Subject
#94 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 1:05 AM
Thanks so much, I'll give it a shot
Hack Mastah
#95 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mutedeth
Stupid question...
There is a post at the sims 2 website that says to install both but I only installed the FFS patch & my game is working fine.
Test Subject
#96 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 4:52 AM
Thanks, I'll just install both since I've got them already and at most I'll have to reinstall. I've got this insane ability to miss almost all useful info I want to know about things like this. Just going to continue to wait a bit before I actually do it now to see if anything comes out since I hate disc swapping.
Test Subject
#97 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 4:58 PM Last edited by Lady Shay : 22nd Jun 2006 at 5:26 PM. Reason: Clarification
Quote: Originally posted by Chrissy_1978
Okay, so I removed all the hacks but now I have another question. Can we put seperate folders in our downloads folder? Just to keep everything sorted better. This would make removing things so much simpler. I thought I remembered someone saying awhile back ago that we could, but I just want to be sure before I try just in case it messes up my game. Thanks

Inside my dowloads folder I have folders called: beta hacks, universal hacks (all the universal beta hacks that I've tested and work), and object downloads. Inside the object download folder I have folders called: hacked objects, normal objects, and recolors. These folders have folders and those folders have folders. lol. Anything can be in a folder but skins, clothing, inteenimator, hair, and genetics. In fact, I hate sims packs because they are self installing and mess up my sorting system.

All of my hacks work with the updates EXCEPT one. The Simslice "Anytime Servo" objects cause the OFB crafting stations to be unusable. I don't know why that object conflicts, but after hours of frustration and testing I found the problem download and am totally shocked. A Simslice object has never caused a problem before.

Edit:
By the way, having subfolders will not mess up the game. If you subfolder a skin or other package that shouldn't be in a subfolder, that skin or object simply won't show up in the game.
Test Subject
#98 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 12:39 PM
Im really hoping someone can help me here im sorry im not sure if i am supposed to start a new thread or not.

I downloaded the patch no problem and went in to play the game, i went into the family i normally play and it crashed whilst i was entering the lot. i came out, restarted the game and went back in. This time the lot loaded, but only one of my sims was there (Nervous Subject) his wife and child had dissapeared and he was stuck in an infinite error loop saying something about unable to trace neighbour.

I deleted him (could not reset or cancel) and went back to neighbourhood and then again into the lot. The same thing happened again, he got stuck in a loop and the family had dissapeared (even though they showed on the loading screen). I then deleted the house and did the drastic action of resetting my neighbourhood. I created my sims and moved them back into another house and everything appeared to be fine. So when i had finished i saved and exited as normal.

When i went to load and play my family the next night the exact same thing happened and Nervous was left in an inifinate loop with no family.

I really hope someone can help me, i have a horrible feeling that i will have to uninstall and reinstall my games. To be honest i am dreading this as it was such a nightmare the first time.

I hope someone can help and im actually quite upset about loosing my sims family
Test Subject
#99 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 1:54 PM
i have all of the sims 2 do i download all of the patches or just for the latest game i have??
Test Subject
#100 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by An_na
I don't know if this has anything to do with the new EP3 patch I installed, but I'm desperate.

I just reinstalled the whole game, and also the new patch. I also downloaded the Insimenator. Now my game keeps crashing after I've played a while. Could it be the patch, or Insimenator, or what the ****? What should I do? Never had this kind of problem before.

Please help!

I had the insiminator on mine but i took it out and reset neighbourhood but its still messed up, i think i have resigned myself to uninstalling and installing again and im not sure that i am going to bother with the patch again now.

Does anyone else have the insimenator in their patched game? if so does it work okay?
Page 4 of 5