Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Simouns Chocolate Factory: make true candies, eat or sell them in OFB shops

by MajorJeff Posted 8th May 2006 at 4:24 PM - Updated 9th Aug 2006 at 3:46 PM by MajorJeff : new version 1.0

129 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 112 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Field Researcher
#26 Old 9th May 2006 at 3:08 AM
Wow! Fantastic job! Thanks. :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 9th May 2006 at 3:19 AM
Just out of curiousity, since you can sell the chocolates in a business, does it cost anything to make them?
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 9th May 2006 at 4:31 AM
This is just great!!! I am amazed that now finally our simmies can eat the chocolates and make a living at it also. You are very talented and thank you so much.
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th May 2006 at 5:10 AM
This is great! I too was disappointed to find that my sims could do nothing with the candies made on the old machine. Thank you for making it so much better!
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th May 2006 at 5:23 AM
MMMMM....Chocolate Doh!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 9th May 2006 at 6:02 AM
hmmm i see many fat sims in the future,it's about time someone thought of this many thanks
Alchemist
#32 Old 9th May 2006 at 8:22 AM
I'm always impressed by what skilled simmers can create. Is it your first post?, wow, lot of work behind that. Thank you f o r e v e r.
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th May 2006 at 12:01 PM
Brilliant and fantastic idea, many thanks

Good girls go to heaven, Bad girls go to... everywhere
Instructor
#34 Old 9th May 2006 at 1:33 PM
I love it,thanks

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 9th May 2006 at 5:03 PM
OMG! This is so frickin' awesome! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 9th May 2006 at 5:54 PM
Wow, nice work! I was wondering... can the chocolats be placed in the cake storages? And, maybe it's a nice idea to make chocolatbonbons in a box... like a heart shaped-box? A little romance in the Sims can't hurt a bit !!!

Tiredness fuels empty thoughts
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 9th May 2006 at 6:39 PM
This is SO cool! Love it. Hope you'll make many other machines like this one. =)

http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/91787.gif

....(\__/).....
..>(^.^)<...
....(')_(').....
Test Subject
#38 Old 9th May 2006 at 6:41 PM
Wow! THis is extremely cool!! Thanks a ton and a half. :-)
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th May 2006 at 9:06 PM
Thanks! Can't wait to try it! looks brilliant!!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 9th May 2006 at 9:37 PM Last edited by Hackster Manic : 9th May 2006 at 9:45 PM.
This is absolutely incredible. Thank you so much. I can't wait to try this out. ^-^
*munches the chocolate* I too was disappointed that chocolates couldn't be sold in shops, since it's one of my favourite things in real life.:-p

I also have an idea. You could technically make 4 other chocolates without even touching the meshes. If you made two recolours for each - white and light brown, they could be like white and milk chocolate.
That way, there'd be more variety, without you having to work hard on the mesh.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 9th May 2006 at 11:53 PM
Not only that, but even if you can't eat them, you could choose to make the Maxis made candies, and sell them. Great object!!!! Thanks!

Anji

Click HERE and you'll get a surprise!
Test Subject
#42 Old 10th May 2006 at 11:27 AM
A very big Thank for this wunderful work - i dowloaded it yesterday and i'm impatient to try it.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 10th May 2006 at 10:45 PM
This is so clever! Thank you very much for this!

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Forum Resident
#44 Old 11th May 2006 at 1:05 AM
WOW!!! I am really excited to have another work bench type object so my sims can make more things to sell in their shops. Plus I LOVE chocolate!!! :banana:

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#45 Old 12th May 2006 at 1:55 AM
Do the Sims actually eat it when they've made it?
Test Subject
#46 Old 12th May 2006 at 8:40 AM
Default It works !!
I tried it yesterday and it works - so cool.
You did an amazing work - big big thanks. :lovestruc
My customers are crazy about my chocolat
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 12th May 2006 at 3:04 PM
Thanks everyone for your support ! As the different objects seem to work correctly, I'll end the test period the next week maybe, unless someone reports a problem.

@news4steph
Quote:
Cool idea :-)
If you would like to offer a german version as well, let me know and I'll do the translations for you.

When the objects are no more in testing, we can easily translate them in more languages. I'll contact you and send you the strings if you wish to translate.

@dadditude
Quote:
Can you make it so that if their skills/motives are low when they make the candies, they wind up tasting bad and lowering motives when eaten instead of raising them? Kind of like how the Toy Crafting Bench has the "evil toys"? If you did, you would have to make them look different somehow from the regular candies, so that you could know which ones to give to sims you like and which ones to give to sims you don't like so much.

I thought about that but I first wanted to make the objects not too complex, and I don't know whether other players would be OK to have their sims in a bad mood make "bad" chocolates (this would be funny however).
Maybe in the future?

@FreakyRufus
Quote:
Just out of curiousity, since you can sell the chocolates in a business, does it cost anything to make them?

Yes... Check the included guide.

@hotrod50s
Quote:
hmmm i see many fat sims in the future,it's about time someone thought of this many thanks

Especially the chocolate objects DO increase Sim fatness... Not too much however: you can still eat a lot of chocolates before having to make some sport.

@fjiantra
Quote:
Wow, nice work! I was wondering... can the chocolats be placed in the cake storages? And, maybe it's a nice idea to make chocolatbonbons in a box... like a heart shaped-box? A little romance in the Sims can't hurt a bit !!!

No, I wasn't able to find out how to place them in cake storages (seem that they only allow food items).
For the box, I need to find good animations (maybe ones for the food bags) and a good mesh...

@Hackster Manic
Quote:
I also have an idea. You could technically make 4 other chocolates without even touching the meshes. If you made two recolours for each - white and light brown, they could be like white and milk chocolate.
That way, there'd be more variety, without you having to work hard on the mesh.

A great idea... It only requires to change the textures, I'm just wondering whether it would require to make new objects (so we would have different object prices).

@Elair
Quote:
Do the Sims actually eat it when they've made it?

No, it is placed in the inventory, see the included guide.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 12th May 2006 at 5:33 PM
ERm, i said here earlier i loved this object...I still do, but i experienced a problem where i can no longer assign employees to restock or sales. Is this just me??!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 13th May 2006 at 5:56 AM
I love my chocolate machine. It works great but my displayed chocolate errrors after a whil and the error thing comes up. Sometimes I can get away with reset others I have to hit delet or the pop-up won't go away. Help. I love my machine I built a store to sell my chocolates.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 13th May 2006 at 12:26 PM
@non_corporeal
Quote:
ERm, i said here earlier i loved this object...I still do, but i experienced a problem where i can no longer assign employees to restock or sales. Is this just me??!

I didn't meet this problem myself. Do you remember what you did to get this problem?
@cookniro
Quote:
It works great but my displayed chocolate errrors after a whil and the error thing comes up. Sometimes I can get away with reset others I have to hit delet or the pop-up won't go away. Help. I love my machine I built a store to sell my chocolates.

Do you know after how much time the error happens? Does it happen with all objects?
Page 2 of 6