Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Ascension" - Elevator Stairs (1 tile)

by Targa Posted 16th Oct 2005 at 10:15 PM - Updated 23rd Oct 2005 at 1:27 AM by Targa : Edited to avoid misinterpretations

248 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 241 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 10
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 5:00 AM
THIS IS SOOOOOOOOO NICE, definitely better than shaklin's!!! Thanks for this!!!

To all those interested in Draco and Hermione fics, please visit this site and leave a little review http://www.fanfiction.net/~hellish
Field Researcher
#52 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 5:19 AM
Bloody BRILLANT!!!! I am amazed at the work you did! I could never do this myself!
Test Subject
#53 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 5:22 AM
Just what I have been looking for thanks
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 6:50 AM
wow thank u very much..i now can get rid of all those staircases in my homes..again thank you.
Instructor
#55 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 7:41 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#56 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 9:55 AM
Yay! Thanx!
Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 10:30 AM
hi, how to tell my simmies to go up elevator? i tried clicking on the elevator and my simmies go to it....and just stand.

however when they do their own things, they managed to go to elevator and teleport to other floors WITHOUT me doing for them.

i'm puzzled!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 10:51 AM
thank you sooooooo much, this is what I wanted sience day one when sims2 was out
Scholar
#59 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 11:03 AM Last edited by ToRnado : 17th Oct 2005 at 11:12 AM.
i made some re-colours! it wasn't that hard to see where the textures go :D
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 11:14 AM
Ooh thankies thankies! *hugs*

My mind never wanders, it packs it's backpack, puts on it's boots and goes on a mountain hike.
Instructor
#61 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 11:17 AM
Super Fantastico and all that stuff. Thank you.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
#62 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 11:20 AM
You are marvellous, and your works useful and unforgettable.....!!!!!! :nod:
Test Subject
#63 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 11:44 AM
Very cool indeed... thanks. :salute:

Make Poverty History
Test Subject
#64 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 11:54 AM
I had already downloaded Shaklins elevator but hadnt got around to doing anything with it because I could not get the tutorial that came with it because of download probs. sooooooo thank you for putting this one here,where I can get it, in a form I can get quite readily. I will most definatly put it in my things to keep basket and go play with it.
Test Subject
#65 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 11:59 AM
wow, that is so neat!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#66 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 12:50 PM
This is totally Great! I had to announce this on my groups, because keeping good finds to yourself is not nice! LOL
I have been waiting for this. I hate those darn stairs that are so huge and you practically have to build a room around. This is so perfect for me. Thanks for figuring it out and for making it only one tile.
I cannot wait to try it out!
~Karr

Oh, and GO WHITE SOX!!!!!
Test Subject
#67 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 1:04 PM
How do we get those recolors Tornado?

Yo Baby, Yo Baby YOOOOOOO!!!
Scholar
#68 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Targa
Sorry, no. My policy is in the included readme.txt file in the download. None of my objects are to be uploaded, included as part of an upload, or put on any other website. Thanks.

If you mean lots uploaded to MTS2, you need to point to all the relevant threads so people can download the custom objects for themselves.

after an average of 150 hours designing, creating and preparing a lot for upload and then typing up a list of credits with links for all files and taking pics etc.....and now you expect uploaders in addition to type out a detailed description of where exactly it is to be placed along with the link redirecting them back to this thread and expect the downloaders to go hunt down this object and install it hopefully in the proper place? I'd rather not thanx.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#69 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 2:23 PM
Love this thing!!!
Thank you!!!
im bored of stairs!!!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#70 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 3:11 PM
targa your super thank you so much i love this
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 3:28 PM Last edited by Targa : 17th Oct 2005 at 3:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by d1979
hi, how to tell my simmies to go up elevator? i tried clicking on the elevator and my simmies go to it....and just stand.

however when they do their own things, they managed to go to elevator and teleport to other floors WITHOUT me doing for them.

i'm puzzled!

Like any other game stairs, the Sims use it on their own and there are no pie menu commands to "go use the stairs".

Quote: Originally posted by rhondalatte
after an average of 150 hours designing, creating and preparing a lot for upload and then typing up a list of credits with links for all files and taking pics etc.....and now you expect uploaders in addition to type out a detailed description of where exactly it is to be placed along with the link redirecting them back to this thread and expect the downloaders to go hunt down this object and install it hopefully in the proper place?

After an average of 250 hours of working on stairs and learning the many various things I needed to learn to bring this object to the Sims 2 Community, the least that people can do is come visit my thread to get my object. I think that's a fair request. As for "typing out a detailed description of where exactly it is to be placed", you don't need to do that as far as I know. The user installs the custom objects, installs your lot, and everything is right where it should be. Also, your comment is redundant so I don't understand the problem with "After...typing up a list of credits with links for all the files .... now you expect in addition ...to provide a link back to this thread" (you just said you already did that).

Also, having the user browse to the original thread for downloading a custom object allows them the opportunity to read about the object, as well as read any important instructions or warnings as far as use/placement/compatibility/etc...

As for the recolors, I've asked Tornado to hold off on those to prevent confusion. I'm releasing a recolorable version today that has much more user-friendly texture mapping, and I will also be providing a UVW map template for the recolorers.

-T
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 3:34 PM
Targa - you have been on fire lately. Your mods rock and I am so in love with you.
I can hardly wait for the glass recolor - thanks 100 times!
Scholar
#73 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Targa
As for "typing out a detailed description of where exactly it is to be placed", you don't need to do that as far as I know. The user installs the custom objects, installs your lot, and everything is right where it should be.

because of having to save the lot seperately from the contents due to file size when packaging, the custom objects do not show up automatically.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rhondalatte
because of having to save the lot seperately from the contents due to file size when packaging, the custom objects do not show up automatically.

OK, someone's going to need to explain this to me, because I don't know anything about making lots and packaging them. It sounds to me like you're saying that you save your lot w/o custom content, because it makes the filesize too big? It's my understanding (now, thanks to a PM from Greenlea), that when you package a lot that contains custom objects, the game doesn't even ask if you want to include the custom objects, it simply automatically includes them in the lot package, is this true? How do you then remove the custom content?

My understanding (or rather lack thereof) was as I stated earlier, that you could simply package the lot and point people to the objects/custom content. If this means that there is no object placement, and therefore doing it this way "messes up" your house, and it also makes it a pain to package, since the game includes custom content in the file, I will consider re-thinking my policy. My intent was not to purposely create hassles for lot-builders. So... could someone explain this in detail? Thanks!

-T
Forum Resident
#75 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 4:59 PM
shaklin's elevator is also warp-stackable with moveobjects, which I have often used.
Page 3 of 10