Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drew Barrymore by Skeletonkiss

by skeletonkiss Posted 27th Mar 2007 at 2:21 PM - Updated 2nd Apr 2007 at 4:56 AM by skeletonkiss

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:03 PM
I think she looks a lot like drew. She has odd shaped cheek bones (drew herself does). You did a wonderful job. i know i couldn't have done anywhere near as good as that. I'm now looking for an adam sandler that looks like the one from "wedding singer" so i can put them together. i love that movie. thanks bunches!
Instructor
#27 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 9:25 PM
Wow, this looks just like Drew! Amazing job!
Test Subject
#28 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 3:00 AM
i find this sim really life like so thank you!! straight on drew look alike..i personally think this one is better than the one jirka made so congrats and YES it should be a feature
Instructor
#29 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 5:04 AM
I can see the likeness. I'm a Drew fan and as soon as I saw this I thought about how much she looked like the real thing. I don't think people understand how hard it is to make a sim out of real person not just the ones living in your head. I know because I've been sweating it out trying to make Interpol sims and it's hard to get the facial features down just right. So, basically, I love your Drew sim.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 1:47 PM
hi, I really think this isn´t about making perfect copies... the sim just must have something that makes it look like the celebrity/person - it´s like when you see someone who has simmilar nose or mouth or whatever and you say wow he looks just like someone, but doesn´t mean that they are twins... on the other hand sometimes two people have same size of face, same position of eyes, nose..etc. but they don´t look alike...... you´re sim just looks great and looks like drew barrymore(somehow), even everyone can´t see it, it´s subjective...everyone concentrates himself on different details
anyway as you said, there are many worse works treasured better... world´s not fair :-(
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 7:38 AM
I recognized her right off. Drew is very hard to recreate (I've tried countless times, very unsuccessfully) and you did a superb job. I was surprised that this wasn't featured and I was dismayed to see some of the less than positive comments you received instead of the applause you deserved. So bravo! Thank you very much, I've been waiting for a good Drew sim forever and now I have her
Test Subject
#32 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 7:20 AM
i think it looks just like her....Good Job !!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 8th May 2007 at 11:44 PM
This is a really good job - she is lovely. I admire the fact that you took a difficult face and sculpted it so well. Be proud of yourself.
Test Subject
#34 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:07 AM
I love it!! And you're right, she does change her look so often that between her hair and weight change she'd be hard to pinpoint, but you did great! I'm loving the pout
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th May 2007 at 6:44 PM
She's lovely. :lovestruc

Having tried (and failed...crashed and burned actually. lives were lost. ) to do some interesting looking Celebrity-sims, i know the amount of effort it takes, and how hard it is to make *sims* look like real people!

She is recognizable as Drew, and NOT horrid looking (sometimes making them look realistic gives sims strange shadows and such.), in fact, she's beautiful.

Well I never claimed to understand what happens after dark
But my fingers catch the sparks at the thought of touching you...
Instructor
#36 Old 21st May 2007 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrbisonm
If someone comments about something not to his liking, that is his/her opinion and it should simply be accepted and respected. Some people seem to see things differently and a lot of them don't even take the time to look closely before commenting. At first I also did not see any real ressemblance with Drew, but when I looked closely, I saw a lot of her facetreads that you created. I am pretty sure with some little more tweaking, this can come out pretty good. I will try and pull your file through my bodyshop and see what I can come up with ,taking your model as a model. Only very small adjustments would make it more alike I hope.
Jaws need to be larger and lower, nose a little skinier in the middle, eyes more bowshaped (sleepier) and a little more richer upper lips.
I hope this is useful and constructive comment. If I can make your model more alike looking, would you be interested to see it? Let me know, but I am not sure if I could though.....

mrbisonm

Yes I do understand where you are coming from but I believe the comment section really only should be used for commenting on how good the sim or object etc. looks and to say thank-you or to tell the creator about an ingame problem with the sim. eg. missing makeup or hair etc. Not to say things about there creation that really isn't very nice. I have seen this a couple of times where creators aren't being treated very nicely just because people don't like what they have made. This is supposed to be a fun and co-operative site. Well, I hope you know where I'm coming from.

Thank you very much skeletonkiss for her, she really is good.

Retired...

kind of.
Scholar
#37 Old 21st May 2007 at 1:54 PM
Skeleton Kiss - its a nice sim and good resemblance I would like to see the people who have posted negatives make a better version
Field Researcher
#38 Old 21st May 2007 at 6:11 PM
I like this Sim, because she looks, to me, like a "Sim-real" Drew instead of some of the more photo real versions that crop up. I'm often floored and amazed by the popular photo real sims with their skintones and faces masks, and I love looking at them but I never download them. This manages to look both like Drew Barrymore and like a Sim. Thank you

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 22nd May 2007 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kalynn06
I like this Sim, because she looks, to me, like a "Sim-real" Drew instead of some of the more photo real versions that crop up. I'm often floored and amazed by the popular photo real sims with their skintones and faces masks, and I love looking at them but I never download them. This manages to look both like Drew Barrymore and like a Sim. Thank you

Thanks!
I think the reason is that I didn't use a mask or custom face skin, just found a skintone that I liked and used that. It ended up working really well.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 23rd May 2007 at 11:40 AM
i'm not gonna enter the drew or not drew argument - i only want to say you have made a fantasticly beautiful sim! shes lovely and i must have her!

sorry not about much anymore
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 29th May 2007 at 7:02 AM
I love this sim! I don't usually download "celebrity sims" but I must have this one! It's perfect.

Please try not to take the negative comments to heart. This sim is excellent.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 8:28 PM
Well done, you done a pretty good job here on Drew

The only thing I would say to improve is maybe higher the bottom lip and make the bottom area of the face wider/bigger. If you see what I mean...
Better then I could do, though. Wayyyy better.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 1:55 AM
pretty spot on if you ask me! brilliant job!

=^.^= Treacherous Kitten =^.^=

*Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes it's squidgy & sometimes it's nuts, most of the time it's nuts*
Scholar
#44 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 3:04 AM
You need not be so defensive. Your sim looks remarkably like her. I've just been watching her for the last 2 hrs (The movie: Music and Lyrics). Thank you!!!!!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Test Subject
#45 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 6:42 AM
I'm honestly surprised that so many people have nitpicked such little details. When I first saw this, I was stunned by the likeness. I think you did a fantastic job, and I've never been good at making beautiful sims, let alone making them actually resemble real people, so kudos to you.

I'm definitely downloading Miss Drew. Thank you for sharing her!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 11th Dec 2007 at 3:34 AM
WOW! Finally!! I love her. (I've seen many "Drew"s witch were nice but didn't get cause they didn't get Drew's essence. You got it!) She's gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.:o)

'.'Samielle'.'
{.* http://simsfashionbarn.com/ *.}
**TSRAA Member**
"Don't let anynone steal your dreams"
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 7:36 AM
shes sooo pretty, greeeat job!
Instructor
#48 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 3:07 PM
Page 2 of 2