Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Outdoor Trashcan

by Oceanangel2you Posted 4th Jan 2006 at 2:40 PM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 5:28 PM by -Maylin-

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 8:14 PM
Great! Thankyou.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 2:58 AM
Yay, it's a trashcan. Thank you for this.

Ginny

I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons. I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 7:33 PM
will it override the other outdoor trashcan
Field Researcher
#29 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 2:38 AM
Thanks for this! Cool

~*~*~*~*~Hello from the USA*~*~*~*~*
~I love my PC because my friends live in it~
~*MTS2 Best Buddy: Mishnumber1*~
Field Researcher
#30 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittyboy
will it override the other outdoor trashcan
No it will not I made 14 recolors for it and the original trash can still shows on the lot...in fact they both have different names. If you use the moveobjects on cheat and pick up the original outdoor one it'll actually say outdoor...the others have their own name given by Ocean Thanks again for this trash can Ocean! :wave:
Forum Resident
#31 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 5:05 PM
i'm getting an error when downloading the file..
is it just me?
Forum Resident
#32 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 4:07 PM
nevermind
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 3:08 PM
Yeah I rename all my recolors or hacks so they will be seperate so they all have their on Guid number.

View all my Sim Movies at
http://www.sims99.com/directors.php?view=DixiesAttic

Thanks to all the Modders who help Make these Movies possible.
Test Subject
#34 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 8:26 PM
I need this... Now that I've installed Open For Business and the maids are finally taking the trash out, I realized one of my lots has lost its outdoor garbage can. I'm sure you can imagine the maid taking the trash out of the trash compactor, putting it on the floor, putting it back in the trash compactor, taking it out, putting it on the floor, etc. until "it's getting late, I have to leave now"!

Now I guess I'll test to see if it works with the new EP, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 20th May 2006 at 1:36 PM
Thank you very much. I have been looking all over this site for the Can. I need it for a house where it mysteriously disappeared. It didn't come up when I used search.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 1st Jul 2006 at 7:18 AM
A simple thing can be a BIG thing after all
Oceanangel2you,

Thanks so much! A trash can might not seem like a big deal to some, but it IS part of life and the game.

It must have racked your brain to figure out how to make this a buyable object. Amazing!

I had downloaded a house, but it had NO TRASH CAN... just the mailbox. It probably would have had my SIMS stomping and whining! Thanks a lot for making these.

Sometimes what seems like a simple thing can be a BIG thing after all!

CLAP CLAP CLAP..... :D

Klaatu barada nikto!!!!

Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend,
Just what you want to be
You will be in the end
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 12:00 PM
Very good,thank you vm.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 3:41 AM
I know there are a lot of people looking for buyable trash can but cant find the download. I have googled and searched many other websites to finally come to this. Thank You! Great Job!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 9:51 PM
Thanks so much! I was able to use this to turn a community lot to a residential lot (along with mailbox from different site). I have AL and have had no issues yet.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#40 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 10:33 PM
Thank you much
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#41 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 7:22 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#42 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 2:49 AM
Hy I downloaded this into my game but my Sims living in the apartment I placed it in won't put their garbage in it, so their garbage piles up in their space. :\ Not sure if it's conflicting with another mod as I'm not getting an error message, they just won't do it.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 5:00 PM
I'm concerned with the problem DramaSim had. If I build an apartment (starting with a residential lot, where I remove the Maxis trash can & replace it with yours), when I change lot zone to apartment, will your trash change to an apartment trash...come to think of it, I don't even know if they LOOK different. Actually, my problem is that on an apartment lot I had moved the trash can...and no one could use it! So I deleted it, then couldn't find a replacement.
Hoping I NOW do have an apartment trash can replacement.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#44 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kitanazworld
No it will not I made 14 recolors for it and the original trash can still shows on the lot...in fact they both have different names. If you use the moveobjects on cheat and pick up the original outdoor one it'll actually say outdoor...the others have their own name given by Ocean Thanks again for this trash can Ocean! :wave:

==
I went to your downloads but don't see recolors. Are they not available?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 4th May 2023 at 7:11 PM
I've downloaded a lot of plasticbox houses that don't have the outdoor trash cash and this helpful.
Page 2 of 2