Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Yes! Yes! Finished! - Build-A-Curtain Set - Final Update Apr 16 07

by khakidoo Posted 19th Mar 2007 at 5:37 AM - Updated 29th Mar 2014 at 8:14 PM by leefish

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Field Researcher
#51 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 2:07 PM
I'm just impressed with your work! You've got me on a serious downloading spree this morning! Thanks so much for sharing!

--green

It's a neighborhood legacy
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#52 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 9:31 AM
Thanks everybody, tho you should all take your thanks' back, I just don't deserve 'em I made some that go down with the walls... ya know I wanted to be able to keep this all nice and tidy, and now oy, it's just become so not that way.... I dunno... should I just delete the old versions from here, and tell people to just download anew? I guess that might be best.... hmmmm ....

Subtle In Spades
Instructor
#53 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 2:23 AM
You are wrong, you do deserve all the praises. You did something nobody else was thinking about. That's why we are doing the testing and let you know if something is not quite right. You can always make an update and hopefully it will appear in the featured section thus alerting people that there is an update. If you could make it so that it overwrites the old files that would be easy for us as it is not always easy to find the files in the dl folder, lol. Anyway, it is up to you.
Scholar
#54 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 10:32 PM Last edited by sim~obsessor : 11th Apr 2007 at 3:00 AM.
these are fantastic! they make exelent room dividers and are very practicle. i usualy dont use curtins becuse maxis curtins are....ugly.....so these are fantastic!

i have a problem though
i cant find the solid fabric recolors for the 2 story curtins......all i have are sheer colors.....and the THUMBNAILS for the 2 story curtins are bright blue.. like the textures or mesh is missing.. but ther ther....but all i want to know is wher the solid color 2 story cutin files are.
i took some pics to show you what i do with them. these are awsome! thanks!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i...de_13268d39.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i...de_53268d24.jpg

(o and also i cant seem to find the one story united sheer curtins eaither...)

EDIT: ok since i got the new sets all above issues are fixed..... thanks!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#55 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 8:17 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 10th Apr 2007 at 11:38 PM.
Yay!! Thank you Khaki, I'm so glad you fixed it so they go down with the walls. Now this set is very very useful. And pretty!

*runs off to test it out*

ETA: BTW, if you're still having problems with the light not coming in when you add windows - make sure your game options are set to medium or high lighting - sometimes the game resets it to low when you install a new EP and that will stop the light from coming in.

ETA 2: Ooh the curtains go down beautifully but the rods don't. Which I would have realized if I'd read more clearly! Any chance you're planning to fix that, Khaki? It's a beautiful set. :D
Instructor
#56 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 5:26 PM
I just downloaded these, they look GREAT in the game Khaki! Thanks so much for these, I love them! :D

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao-tzu

Sorry, I don't take requests.

My building tutorial: Link
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#57 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
ETA 2: Ooh the curtains go down beautifully but the rods don't. Which I would have realized if I'd read more clearly! Any chance you're planning to fix that, Khaki? It's a beautiful set. :D

I promise I will, and I for real promise, not my usual 'fake' promise... give me a few days from now

and thanks everybody

Subtle In Spades
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 12:04 PM Last edited by khakidoo : 17th Apr 2007 at 4:08 AM.
OK I think I'm done! Added the Go-Down Rods....

ETA
ok I think I'm gonna be sick really, there something wrong with my rods... they won't recolor.... is anyone else having this problem or did I just mix up my own files.... ugh.... son of a @#!&$!^@!!

new ETA
Never mind they are ok. I cleaned out my downloads folder and downloaded the whole set afresh from here to make sure and the rods are ok. Thank God. If only you all could have heard the string of effing explatives that came out of me when I thought they were screwed up again. Whew.

Subtle In Spades
Field Researcher
#59 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 9:23 AM
Oh, I am so grateful you made these. I too have downloaded custom windows only to find that none of the curtains (even the cc ones) would fit them. You put so much work into them as well. If I could hug you I would. Thank you so much and I'll be watching for more of your great work!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 10th May 2007 at 6:02 AM
Thank you.
Not actually evil.
#61 Old 20th May 2007 at 2:19 AM
These are exactly what I have been wanting since Sims 2 came out! Oh, happy day!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 25th May 2007 at 11:39 AM
I really love these but unfortunately they seem to get in the way of other objects . . . as in, a Sim won't use a sink or chair if it's anywhere underneath the rods or curtains . . . I haven't downloaded the updated ones yet, but was wondering if this issue was fixed with the latest update?

Thanks in advance! :^D

Edit: I think it's just the rod, not the curtains that this happens with. Sorry!

Back playing Sims 2 after 10 years . . .
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 12:31 AM
These are terrific! I can't wait to use these!

Lord let me live this day so that if I found it was my last I would have lived it no differently.

"It's the simple things in life you treasure."
Scholar
#64 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 4:07 AM
these are a really nice set i love them but i have a suggestion perhaps
is ther a way you can make this set... i think it might be the bars..so that sims can pass threw them? i like to make these as room dividers/door arches as i posted abaove ^^ but if i do that sims normaly cant go threw them... is this going to be adressed or...?
Forum Resident
#65 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 4:18 AM
You are a genius! I love you for this upload, I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've gotten frustrated for not being able to create a curtain to frame a custom-sized window. Thanks so much! :D
Test Subject
#66 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 2:08 PM
You're my hero! I've often been vexed by the lack of a great collection of customisable curtains and am too inept to attempt the making of one myself. This set is precisely what I needed. Thank you!
Test Subject
#67 Old 7th Feb 2008 at 9:24 PM
Has anyone else got a "corrupted file message on the BAC rar file?
Instructor
#68 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 4:59 AM
Build-A-Curtain Set
:lovestruc Fantastic idea! Just wanted to say
thank you... looks like lot's of hard work
went into this set. It's so nice of you to
share with us!
*Pickles*

* Pickles *
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 4:06 AM
Hey, this is great! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 2:13 AM
oh wow... i think I love you!!!! =)
Test Subject
#71 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 2:23 AM
this is so great. so much for looking for nice curtians. thanks a whole heap of lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 4:41 PM
Thank you thank you thank you thank youuuuu!!!! i've been looking for some curtains for my cottage -kitchen window like forever but really none would fit!! i love those <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 11:22 PM
OMG! I have been looking for something like these but I didn't think anyone was smart enough to make them, but you were! Thanks so much, these are awsome! Now I can finally make an opera theater look realistick! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Field Researcher
#74 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 1:51 AM
Can you do this WHOLE set, and it's additions again for The Sims 3?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 9:13 PM
Just amazing - I'll never have to buy another curtain thanks to you!
Page 3 of 4