Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2024 at 6:36 PM Last edited by zaynmalik : 30th Apr 2024 at 7:15 PM.
Default I wanna make preset by using my sim's OBJ file, help me!
I would like to modify an already created Sim by converting it to OBJ file.
So I extracted OBJ using 'simsripper' and modified the sim's face&body using 'blender'.
And I tried to convert the modified file into a preset using 'morph maker'.
But that doesn't apply in-game.
How can I create a preset by modifying an existing Sim? help me please.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st May 2024 at 3:06 AM
You could try checking that the Blender export options has 'Keep Vertex Order' checked, but the .obj pulled using SimRipper likely doesn't have the IDs that MorphMaker requires.

I'm not sure the two tools were intended to be used together. Morphs generally have to be made with a mesh of the default head/body extracted with MorphMaker to begin with. Otherwise, the tool has no way of knowing which vertices you edited if they have different IDs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2024 at 3:40 PM
Default Thanks for help!
Thanks for your help! Now I know why my preset doesn't work for in-game. I should have using original OBJ file. but I'm so sad that I can’t use my sim’s OBJ file. If that worked, I could make what I want easily.
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd May 2024 at 12:51 AM
Depending on how experienced you are with Blender, there is a somewhat advanced way you could try to pull this off.
  • Export the default head with MorphMaker
  • Import the head into Blender
  • Position your SimRipper mesh in the exact same location, so that the two meshes perfectly line up. You will want to delete any extra pieces the ripped mesh has that the main head doesn't.
  • Add a Shrinkwrap modifier (blue wrench icon in the bottom right panel > Add Modifer) to the head, choose the SimRipper mesh as the Target. Then hide the SimRipper mesh.
  • The 'Nearest Vertex' Wrap Method will probably be the most effective option, but if anything looks weird you could experiment with the options in the modifier until it looks the way you want.

May be more or less effective depending on how intense the difference between your sim and the default is. But you may be able to get it close enough to manually adjust the two to be identical.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd May 2024 at 5:51 PM
Default Thanks for explaining!!
Thank you for letting me know the new way. It means enough to me. I'll give it a try today! Thank you for using your time to me.
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th May 2024 at 10:28 AM
Thank you so much for your help.