Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wheelchair

by windkeeper Posted 29th Sep 2005 at 9:29 PM - Updated 14th May 2009 at 8:24 PM by -Maylin-

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
#76 Old 10th Apr 2006 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zedrik
If there was an old/rusted/corroded version of this, it'd be great for Silent Hill.

that's exactly what I was thinking : D i'd recolour it myself but I lack those skills...
Field Researcher
#77 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 6:05 AM
niice! lol, i like it!

It takes more time to TyPe LyK dIs than it does to type like this.
Test Subject
#78 Old 18th Apr 2006 at 10:38 PM
Alright!! This is cool.

While it's been a few years since I *needed* a wheelchair (for gout) I still have one.

For those who've never tried one, they're very comfortable. After all, they're made for people who do a lot of sitting. I use mine as a computer chair, and it's the only chair I've found that I can sit in for extended periods without my tushie hurting. This includes one 15 hour Sims 2 session shortly after I got OFB.

If you've never been there, please understand that some of us don't view wheelchairs as limiting, but as being very freeing. If I hadn't had one at the time, I wouldn't have been able to leave the house.

Will be nice to put this in my Sim-me's house in front of the computer. Thanks again.

Hook
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 9:06 PM
wow
WOW i love ur wheelchair its soooo cool it will go great with my hospital that i am building bcus im makin a storie and sendin it to the sims2.com (i have an account) any way cheers and im new so thanks just wanted to say cya :banana:
Test Subject
#80 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 5:57 AM
Thank you. This will work out great in a story I'm making.
Forum Resident
#81 Old 19th Jun 2006 at 4:19 PM
This is great!!! Just what I was looking for!!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Test Subject
#82 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 2:43 AM
aww cool! mr antonio!!!!
Test Subject
#83 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 3:36 PM
Default great
i've been looking for wheelchairs for my sims, too bad it doesnt roll, but i LOVE it. thx for sharing.

-Mused
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 5:18 AM
This is wheelie cool....hahaha....gedit. Oh never mind. Thanx!

<(O..O)>
Test Subject
#85 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 3:27 AM
Now, I'm a beginner at meshing, but what if you created a body mesh where the legs were folded forward in a sitting position and the wheelchair was underneath? Would you get realistic animation (ie no leg motion) if you tied everything to the trunk rather than the leg skeleton parts? Too bad there's no way to permanently shrink the skeleton because that would help make the mesh the right height for being in a wheelchair.
Test Subject
#86 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 5:08 PM
This is beautiful! Shame it doesn’t move but I give you massive credit for having the piece of mind to make one! This is perfect for those of us who have handicapped Sims. Thank you! I'm defiantly downloading this for my paraplegic sim.
Test Subject
#87 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 12:05 PM
I like the multi-coloured one. I'm working on a series of hospital movies now, the hospital looks great. I think that particular one would look so good in paediatrics, I want a poor little girl in a wheelchair involved.
Test Subject
#88 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 10:40 PM
i wish it actually worked... great job though.
Test Subject
#89 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 9:06 AM
Great thanx more hospitail stuff would be even better
Eg. crutchs (preffrably one the sims can use) , broken arms necks hospitail beds nites uniform
please note i only have the sims 2 and sims2 pets
Test Subject
#90 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dopeydog
Great thanx more hospitail stuff would be even better
Eg. crutchs (preffrably one the sims can use) , broken arms necks hospitail beds nites uniform
please note i only have the sims 2 and sims2 pets

sorry about bad spelling
Test Subject
#91 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 10:53 AM
Now is my hospital ideal. I love this wheelchair. Big thanks!
Test Subject
#92 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by electric
YAY! Now Andy Pipkin has somewhere to sit!!!

nice job, thanks

agrees! how cool is this wheelchair.

goes off to make some lou and andy sims... :D
Forum Resident
#93 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 5:37 PM
thank you

What about the thousands of wonderful men and women who are fighting this war without any of the credit or the glory that always goes to those lucky few who just happen to get shot?
Instructor
#94 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 9:47 PM
Awesome.
Test Subject
#95 Old 23rd Apr 2007 at 4:55 AM
Great work. Almost what I was looking for.
Do you remember Mail Order Sims ( sims1)? They did some cool skins with wheelchairs. They work, in the game very "realistic". Not perfect, but worked well.
Maybe this could be a way: modify a skin incorporating an object. I don`t know how to do this, but I`d love to have one in my game.
Nice to have all kinds of humans represented in the game. We have elfs, and a strange sort of types.
A bit from reality is welcome too!
Test Subject
#96 Old 8th May 2007 at 9:05 PM
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#97 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by punkrockgoth1988
For some reason the people at the official Sims 2 site seem to think that people would be offended by this. You are an example of someone who is differently-abled and yet you ask for wheelchairs. I've wanted to have wheelchairs for ages! I wish there were all the things you've mentioned! It would make my Sims' lives a lot more realistic!

I was the one who posted the "Sims with Disabilities" entry on The Sims 2 official site. It was quickly flamed ("no one would buy a game with that, sorry" was the one comment that really offended me) At the time, I was in a chair and (before I found ModTheSims2.com) was looking for ramps, chairs, walking sticks, etc.

It's too bad that it's not possible to make a working chair (or is it possible?). When I say working, I mean a sim pushing a sim sitting in the chair or that sim pumping themselves
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 1:50 PM
I've been looking for one of these for awhile now, thank for them.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
-Dr. Seuss
Test Subject
#99 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 9:52 PM
This is excellent! Like most of you though,I wish someone could do a wheelchair that actually rolls like a real one.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carlyc24
Like most of you though,I wish someone could do a wheelchair that actually rolls like a real one.
wintermuteai1 just did.

http://hideki.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=275152

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Page 4 of 6