Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#126 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 2:52 AM
I think people today think we teens and kids are stupid because if they rate this game to M or A we can always get our parents to get it for us!
Advertisement
#127 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 2:49 AM
Do you think if I say "I'M PISSED" enough I will feel better??
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:00 AM
Oh, this IDIOT, sorry for 'yelling' is from Florida? For goodness sake, I really would think a video game would be the least of their worries, no offense to the Floridians, but it sure seems the child molesters flock there more than the sea gulls, and I seriously doubt the sims game is what's bringing them in...
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:02 AM
I dont believe that video games cause people to kill. I believe that they actually do the opposite. Say you have a bully at school and you really want to beat the living out of him well instead of doing it and going to jail just buy wrestling or some other video game make him into a create a player and kick his there with a super human charactor not only does it satisfy your need to see him beat up but it is legal and theres more possibilities and you can beat him up over and over again until you really dont care about beating him up anymore. And on another note it seems this guy is sending back replies with bad words in them. somebody should get him in trouble for that since he wants super censorship let him have it. tell people that your 1 year old sent him the email and his reply offended the child.
#130 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by asdf
I dont believe that video games cause people to kill. I believe that they actually do the opposite. Say you have a bully at school and you really want to beat the living out of him well instead of doing it and going to jail just buy wrestling or some other video game make him into a create a player and kick his there with a super human charactor not only does it satisfy your need to see him beat up but it is legal and theres more possibilities and you can beat him up over and over again until you really dont care about beating him up anymore. And on another note it seems this guy is sending back replies with bad words in them. somebody should get him in trouble for that since he wants super censorship let him have it. tell people that your 1 year old sent him the email and his reply offended the child.

I Agree it is a MUCH healthier outlet of anger and energy!!
Kudos to you!!
Test Subject
#131 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:28 AM
This Thompson guy is a complete moron. The naked sims in the game are just like barbie dolls! If you are going they are going to rate the sims mature, might as well recall every barbie doll in the world! And while they are at it, ban the superbowl from TV because of one little accident! Hey! Let's also get rid of the new metal and rap for foul language. (If you haven't noticed I have been sarcastic except the first two sentences)
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:29 AM
And on another note it seems this guy is sending back replies with bad words in them. somebody should get him in trouble for that since he wants super censorship let him have it. tell people that your 1 year old sent him the email and his reply offended the child.

who are you talking about? :/
Test Subject
#133 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:23 AM
wow thi is ok
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:29 AM
Well, just don't touch my ncaa basketball !! lol
Gotta watch my cats, don't care if they have a "blur" or are butt naked, but the superbowl, well.....
Test Subject
#135 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Baskar
I sent him a friendly email expressing my views. Last thing he needs is another person bashing his views. To each his own and it's nice to see someone standing up and fighting for what they strongly believe in.

I sent him a friendly email expressing my views too and this is his reply to the exact letter. "You need to go to church and read the Bible" That pissed me off like nothing else could.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:35 AM
^he Wrote The Excat Same Thing To Me

:o
Field Researcher
#137 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jack Thomson
go to church and read the bible

To that I would say " Oh ok could you tell me what passage it is that says where we can't see Barbie type skin and I do believe you are being quite religiousest (is that a word I'm trying to make it like racist) and are being unfair to people who don't read the bible and last time I checked the United States government doesn’t fallow the bible because that would disregard other religions."

Personally I dislike all the violence in some games but I don't going around to tell everyone to stop playing them because of it, I respect free speech. He says a lot of M rated games show a lot of violence that’s why there rated M. If he should sue any body he should sue the rating systems to make them but a law in that says you cannot purchase a game rated M unless your 17. Kids are resourceful if they want something they will get it probably by there parents so they can decide whether or not to let there kids have an M rated game or not. Not the government of the games. He put out the statement out very early, with only a website as a source, I'm not saying the internet isn’t cool but it's not always reliable. He apparently never played the game he only released a statement on most likely one account. You also need to take a hole game into account not just one section.

If we want to dealing with this guy and people like him we have to be calm not just blindly insulting him. They will just ignore us.
Test Subject
#138 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:36 AM
It's probably automatic or something, I don't know.

He probably doesn't care if someone yells at him or praises him in those e-mails, I'm guessing they all get the same response.

If flesh could crawl
My skin would fall
From off my bones
And run away from here
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:31 AM
OMFG!
How can he compare chainsaw hacking, Strip Clubing waking, Coffee spillin GTA to a simple game based on life! Does he expect people to pretent that in life genitalia doesn't exist! Does he expect us to change our perseption on life to fit his "Politically Correct" standards. Sims is a game that is mean't to make you smile, not want to go out and have teen sex! Com'on how the hell can you say that the miracle of life should be changed, just because it's rated teen. Unless you've been living in a closet your whole life, then you should know about sex.
This guy has no idea what he is talking about, sombody needs to light this MF up!:sniper: :steam:

Not to force religion, but this is god's way, I say why change that for anyone!

"If you can't be a team player, at least be a shield".-Pvt. Gregory O' Malley
Test Subject
#140 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:39 AM
WTF!!!!!! This guy has mad me so flustered. i literally started shaking with anger. I understand about the GTA:san andreas but the sims2? c'mon! i wonder if he has even played the game. I really hope ea games and maxis win this one. all i have to say is to get his facts straight before he opens his face. :blah:
Forum Resident
#141 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:37 AM
If you ask me this guy probably has never heard of the sims just probably trying to get fame that son of a b****!!!!!
Test Subject
#142 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:48 AM
if anyone is daring enough( def not me)lol they should email hima nd ask him if he ever played the sims 2.

Blah.
Scholar
#143 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:44 AM
Someone may have already said this- but a good parent is going to watch what their child is doing in the game and a nasty adult who would 'get off' on this would probably rather go to the beach and see a child in a swim suit. Life is about making choices and we as people just have to CHOOSE to make the right one. Hopefully any SANE judge would not accept a perverts plea of "Oh, the game made me do it." This is VERY sad!
Test Subject
#144 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 3:59 AM
škorpijon i dont know if u still wanted it but go to this website.here it is=)

Blah.
Test Subject
#145 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 4:00 AM Last edited by Synistar : 24th Jul 2005 at 4:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by toosexy
I sent him a friendly email expressing my views too and this is his reply to the exact letter. "You need to go to church and read the Bible" .

Words well spoken of your average prick-in-a-suit, oops forgive that (ahem) I meant attorney. Really!? An attorney!? Him!? How I laugh. He couldnt sue his way out of his moms house. Go back to ya day job and quit interfering with the games I am entitled to buy with my HARD-EARNED money.

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience and sometimes with wood."
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 4:02 AM
Games are made to entertain. At their very worst, they are used as an escape mechanism. Somehow, I strongly doubt they are used in Child Molesters 101 or 50 ways to kill a cop. Some people, apparently rich lawyers are the most bored, really need to get a grip and worry about the real dangers in this world.
Test Subject
#147 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JustSimmin4hours
škorpijon i dont know if u still wanted it but go to this website.here it is=)

I remebered where to find his e-mail and deleted my post, thanks anyway.

Yes, I have e-mailed him and am awaiting the "read the bible" response.

If flesh could crawl
My skin would fall
From off my bones
And run away from here
Test Subject
#148 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 4:11 AM
oh ok then. if his email is automated what about he people who actually agree with him? does he tell them to read the bible and go to church too? what an frickin arse :fight:

Blah.
Test Subject
#149 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 4:12 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't aware people are e-mailing him

If flesh could crawl
My skin would fall
From off my bones
And run away from here
Test Subject
#150 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 4:08 AM
There was an interview with this idiot in the June 05 EGM and when EGM asked him if he plays games he said" I play them to the extent that I need to make DVD copies of the killing scenes for presentations or court." So basically he does not play games at all like other people have said, hes probably never played the out of the box TS2 without mods. He probably saw some game with the mods and now he thinks he has a case.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Stop this.
Page 6 of 10