Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Open Me Window Fixed + 2 new tall windows

by windkeeper Posted 3rd Nov 2005 at 9:34 PM - Updated 25th Mar 2006 at 7:33 PM by windkeeper

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 9:39 PM
Thank you, they're great :D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 9:48 PM
Is it not possible to simply fix the glitch that causes the light issue in the original?

Is it a glitch? Maybe they did this so that vampires could walk around in rooms with these windows during the day or something- has anyone tested that?

I'm going to test that theory and post on it later.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 9:57 PM
Awesome!!! Windkeeper, you are the best!!!!! Would love to see a gothic tipped window of this. Thanks again!!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 10:04 PM
Thank you windkeeper......i love your windows and doors
very talented

A
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silentthunder19
Is it not possible to simply fix the glitch that causes the light issue in the original?

Is it a glitch? Maybe they did this so that vampires could walk around in rooms with these windows during the day or something- has anyone tested that?

I'm going to test that theory and post on it later.

That does sound interesting! If you are right about the vampires, then it makes sense to keep the original window intact. In any case, creating a hack is not really my area of expertise, its easier for me just to make a new window, lol!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 10:15 PM
Thanks windkeeper wonderful job- the long windows look beautiful!

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 10:18 PM
Winkeeper, I love you for your toilet paper, towels, soap &toothbrush sets, etc. You can do no wrong in my opinion! Even if you start making crappy, Buntah-esque, randomly shaped disasters in the most hideous colors imaginable, you will still be one of my favorite people at TSR. (But please don't! LOL)

I'm going to load the game now, but I'll let you know later if my vampires became dust or not.
Scholar
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 10:37 PM
The windows look terrific, thank you for sharing them.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 10:50 PM
I'm also a big fan of yours at TSR, I really liked these windows in the game and yours just makes it even better. In relation to the "vampires" I will keep an eye out but I'm happy having them both actually. Thanks so much, see ya TSR I'm sure
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 10:54 PM
Woohoo!!!! Well, that's good to know.

Connor Drake, my favorite vampire, just survived 24 sim hours on a 2x2 lot in a square shaped house with only the Maxis-made version of these windows. I had him shower in front of a window, cook in front of the double window, read in front of a row of windows, and *nothing happened* to him!

So, any vampire-lovers out there who were forcing your poor little creatures of the night to stay in their basement coffins all day- you don't have to do that anymore! Just use the Maxis versions of these windows.

Also, the single version does let in light in my game, but the double version does not. I had never noticed it until you made these. (I still don't know what the bed and tulip lamp glitches are...)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 10:57 PM
Thanks Windkeeper for the great windows.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 10:59 PM
Oh, I also added the matching door, but I had it lead into the garage- I didn't try having the door go directly outside from his house. Still, I have had vamps in the basement cringing from the sun, with no windows at all down there. I think if you have windows (other than these) anywhere on your lot, you can't have daywalking vamps.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 11:23 PM
Oh, I also added the matching door, but I had it lead into the garage- I didn't try having the door go directly outside from his house. Still, I have had vamps in the basement cringing from the sun, with no windows at all down there. I think if you have windows (other than these) anywhere on your lot, you can't have daywalking vamps.

I don't actually have any vampires in my game yet because I haven't decided whether or not I really want them, LOL. I did remember seeing something in the Prima guide about Vampires and windows and just looked it up. According to the guide: "The light from windows does not affect Vampire Sims indoors, so there's no need to draw the blinds or paint the windows black." It goes on to say that they are also safe while sitting in the car.

Thanks Windkeeper! It was annoying being unable to get light from such a good looking double window. Now you've given us options and that's appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 11:30 PM
Then why do vampire sims "smoke" in front of the other windows?
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 11:31 PM
What a coincidence! Last night, I was making a house and wondering why there was not a long window to match that particular door and now, here it is! It may interrest you to know, that I used one of you new windows ( the one with the diamond pattern, that I got from tsr). Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 11:36 PM
Windkeeper, I am your number one fan!!!! I adore the sets you have at TSR and it's so nice to see you contributing here as well. Would love more WHITE windows and doors, LOL. I'm a white windows and doors fiend. :-)
Instructor
#18 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 12:11 AM
Then why do vampire sims "smoke" in front of the other windows?
my vampires smoke in front of windows also

Thanks windkeeper very nice windows

Geezus, Mary, and Joseph....
visit my yahoo grouphttp://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
and a great forumhttp://www.reflexsimsforum.com/
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 12:39 AM
I have wanted the matching long windows for a long time. Thanks so much.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 12:42 AM
I love new 'build' items and your windows and doors are the best. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 12:54 AM
Thank you, these are great.
Instructor
#22 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 1:16 AM
Windkeeper, I have been collecting your gorgeous Lafenetre window and door set at TSR. Thank you for sharing your talent. These windows are wonderful, too (and the fix).

Sincerely,

Melissa
Instructor
#23 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 1:34 AM
I love your windows. Thank you.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Scholar
#24 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 1:45 AM
Wonderful! Thank you for this.

Teresa
Instructor
#25 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 1:46 AM
Woohoo! I have been wondering why on earth Maxis made all SHORT windows .... they are so wonderful looking that they should have gone with longer ones as well! I'm extremely happy you created these!!
Page 1 of 3