Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

testers Wanted [EP ready]: On The Road Sales Career

by WackoMagnifico Posted 4th Nov 2005 at 9:06 PM - Updated 4th Nov 2005 at 11:38 PM by WackoMagnifico : typos, information, reward

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 9:33 PM
What is the career reward?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 9:39 PM
Putting green

It's in the description

Welcome to the world of the two moons
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 10:55 PM
I'll check it over for you

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Nov 2005 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sk8erxidental
What is the career reward?

The career reward has changed
instead of putting green it is now :
PUNCHING BAG

Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly
I'll check it over for you

thanks for the comments you send me, they helped me
also thanks for the help I got from you learning how to make careers
the On The Road Sales Career wouldn't excist without you

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 12:01 AM
Once Mod The Sims allows me to dowload it (keeps getting connection refused) I will put it in my game and test it out for you as well.

--?--
Good Question.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 12:40 PM
I think the idea is great, but the wages seem a bit high - I like jobs were the wages is poor in the begining but perhaps that's just me.

I look forward to testing it - agin I love the idea.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Nov 2005 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by macthekat
I think the idea is great, but the wages seem a bit high - I like jobs were the wages is poor in the begining but perhaps that's just me.

I look forward to testing it - agin I love the idea.

The wages are so high because it's the only real advantage you do with the career. Well if you can become co-boss you've got it good but that's difficult to do so then you desirve those wages I think.

Instructor
#9 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 6:43 AM
I like this idea. Do we need to download the transportation base career for this to work?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 7:09 AM
No, it will work if you just download the file above (zip or rar) extract it and put the package file into your download directory of the sims. Have fun!

Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 11:33 AM
People might add an extra person to their families just in order to earn that lot of money and won't care about her social life, maybe. How difficult is it, to become the boss?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 1:15 PM
Very difficult, you need lot's of points and you've only got one day a week to do it.

Also if you put in a extra person in the family, his social will go low if you don' keep up family contact. The relations between the family will also go down resulting in an unhappy family. Especially when you have chosen the family aspiration for one person of the family.

Next to that, it is a realistic career, there are people driving around almoust non-stop just to feed their families.

Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 3:39 PM
On the days you work, is it like 6 days straight or do you get up go to work then come home?

My broken scriptures, and shattered dreams, leave me forever forsaken...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 6:24 PM
You do come home, but only for four hours. Just enough to take a good shower, have a snack and get ready for work again

Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 7:03 PM
Default non stop loading with this career
Hi
I have all ts2 uni and nl
windows xp
The in game hacks or mods I have are
no friends for careers
move in hack that allows you to ask anyone
lizzlove waterbed
and a fruitbowl that you can increase, skills , motives, cure vampire set age
I am sorry I did not know the proper name for it but I know I got it here.
When I install this career I can load the game, get to the neighbourhood , choose either a house or a UNI dorm or a nightlife area or home, but then it sticks on the page where you see the family name and the family ( the blue page with the name)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 6:49 PM
I'm not sure what you could do about this?
If my career is really in conflict with one of the other mods than maybe it is best to just delete my package from the download directory.
You are the first telling me that you have problems with the career

ARE THERE OTHERS WITH THIS PROBLEM??

if someone knows a solution to this problem please let me know so I can add it to the notes in the original thread message

Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 7:21 PM
Default conflict
I did delete , but it was a shame because I was hoping to use it since I really liked the idea a lot.
If you or anyone thinks of something that might be causing the conflict I am hoping to be able to use it.
Thanks anyways , it was a great career idea.
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Dec 2005 at 3:36 AM
I tried out this career and had no problems (save the "so-and-so has missed a day of work even though he wasn't supposed to work today" bug). The only thing that would make this better is if you could make them only come home on one or two days a week, but be completely gone the rest of the time - like with the environmental guru or whatever career where the sim goes away for days. It's a little unrealistic to have the person come home every morning. Don't know if that's possible to do though... Otherwise this is a really cute idea and I'm having fun with the career!
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 9:57 PM
hey cool this is just like my last job!
how do i have time for simming, you ask!
well, i got a different job, yay. now my sims can suffer instead of me.
thanks for this great career.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 7:07 PM
I'm gonna try this out on a single sim with no friends, hehe, in other words, i'm gonna make a sim just for this career woohooo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 11:04 AM
thanks for the comments
My next career will be 'the undertaking career', finishing the chance cards as fast as possible but I'm very busy for school

Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 4:45 AM
I like this career but my female brunette sim became a blond sim in this career uniform. Is there any way you can change that. Thanks.

I love modthesims2!!!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 2:16 PM
I like this idea and was hoping somoene would use the same concept only in the military feild - making it more realistic for a military man to be out in battle/the feild for long stretches of time instead of from 9-5.

love it.
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 10:23 AM
I found a hack that lets my sim wear anything to work so now I can use this career. Thanks.

I love modthesims2!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 5:45 PM
Thank You
Page 1 of 2