Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Nun's Habit

by EnblithTheFair Posted 7th Nov 2005 at 3:05 PM - Updated 24th May 2006 at 1:07 AM by EnblithTheFair : Adding Keywords!

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 1:43 AM
Thank you. I have been looking for a habit with a decent wimple for a long time.
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#3 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 5:35 AM
any chance you could do a shaolin/and/or Buddhist monk outfit?
thanks

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 10:43 AM
Nuns add a totally new dimension to the game

<-------------- You can rent this space from as little as £10 a month!--------------> For £2 more you get an extra! <----->
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 5:53 PM
Nice! I loved the idea!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Nov 2005 at 11:18 AM
Thanks for the nice comments! I love hearing feedback!

You can find a Buddhist monk outfit here: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=841082

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 8:40 AM
OMG this is awesome thank you.

oooo I am going to make a convent or something and see what kind of trouble I can get nuns into. Heheh!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 11:01 PM
Wow, after getting so excited about getting these habits, I can't get them to show up in my game.

I have triple checked and scanned my whole downloads folder with Clean Installer - they are definately in my Downloads folder, and show up as clothing, hair and face makeup with Installer.

Yet, in CAS, nothing. No habits, no wimples, no hair, no face. Nothing.

Are there meshes that go with these? Do I have to install one sepcific one first to get the others to show? I am baffled.
#9 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 12:14 PM
I can't see neither... I like the habits...
Frustrating.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 9:24 PM
Ok, I found the problem. I had uploaded the files from the projects folder not the saved sims folder! I have now uploaded the correct files. They should work in your game now.

Royal Kingdom Challenge:
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 3:14 PM
Very Cool!! Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 9:10 AM
thanks
I have just one question:
When I click to download it, it goes to temporary folder but as I am work I would like to save it to a disk to bring it home
Is there any possibilities for me to save it without straight downloading?
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 3:40 PM
good idea
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Panama
I have just one question:
When I click to download it, it goes to temporary folder but as I am work I would like to save it to a disk to bring it home
Is there any possibilities for me to save it without straight downloading?

Try right clicking on the download link anc choosing 'save target as' from the menu that pops up. Then a box shoud pop up asking you where you would like to save the file. If you have a writable disk in your disk drive then choose that drive to save the file to. It will probebly be called E: or F: . You may have to then go to my computer and douple click on the drive that you have your cd in and tell it to write the files to the cd.
I hope that answers your question.
Good luck! :wave:

Royal Kingdom Challenge:
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 1:39 AM
I love your outfits, they are just what I needed for playing a cathedral, just so you know, I have University, Nightlife and Open for Business, and while the top of the outfit is shown as a hairstyle in the mirror, somehow is not available as a hair style that is a part of a uniform.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 9th Nov 2006 at 4:56 AM
It's a while since I played a sim business but I seem to remember that not all hairstyles are available to use as a uniform for employees. I don't know why this is or how to fix it.

Royal Kingdom Challenge:
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 1:54 AM
Will this hair naturally age into the "Elder nun" hair (if I have it), or do I have to change it using a mirror? I can do it either way, I'm mostly just curious. What about the teenage "novice" hair? It all looks great, by the way.
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 6:52 PM Last edited by Pandora Moon : 4th Sep 2007 at 1:26 PM. Reason: solved
Hi. Thank you for these nun habits. But I'm having trouble extracting the file so I can put it into my download folder. It just says that there's an error with two of the files. I've even tried re-installing WinRAR twice as I had trouble with your elder habit but I managed to get the elder habit to work in the end.

Thanks again for making these habits.

See ya.

EDIT: Here's a pic of the message I get when I try to extract the file.

EDIT: I managed to download the habit today. I wasn't able to download the hair or hood but luckly I when I downloaded the elder version the hair and hood appeared in the adult and teen sections.

So it appears that the problem is solved. Good job on making these.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:21 PM
Any chance of getting this converted to Sims 3?
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 9:54 AM
I love this nun dress, it will fit my medieval hood perfectly!

Thank you for the beautiful nun dress!