Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATE (06/10/06) Default Replacements of SimCribbling’s New Skintones

by PattyMcPat2666 Posted 12th Nov 2005 at 5:42 PM - Updated 11th Jun 2006 at 12:29 AM by PattyMcPat2666

240 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 225 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 8:44 PM
Thank you very much for making this! I know how time consuming making defaults can be. Could you make an optional file to have the Dark Tan skintone as the default tan skintone? (S3)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 8:56 PM
Gah! Thank you so much!! Just one thing, SimCribbling just updated with perfect zombie and alien skins :D:DMaybe you could default those two aswell? Pwease? :baloons:
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 9:00 PM
This are the best skins i've ever seen ! Louis has done a great great job ! I'm so happy Thank you for making these as default !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wishy-washy
Thank you very much for making this! I know how time consuming making defaults can be. Could you make an optional file to have the Dark Tan skintone as the default tan skintone? (S3)

I could do that, it just might be awhile, converting these skins to defaults isn't the quickest process... :D

Quote: Originally posted by rook_cheshire
Gah! Thank you so much!! Just one thing, SimCribbling just updated with perfect zombie and alien skins :D:DMaybe you could default those two aswell? Pwease? :baloons:

I already submitted a thread with those replacing the alien skintones so you should be seeing them soon!
Scholar
#6 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 9:04 PM
Are these anatomically correct?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 9:16 PM
Do you know how much I love you for this, Patty *gives a big fat hug*?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwillewyn
Are these anatomically correct?

The upper halves are, but not the lower, if you understand what I mean...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 10:02 PM
Ahhh I'm torn..I have Helaene's defaults and now you go and do this..dammit..hehe thank you anyway :P
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 10:20 PM
Aww thank you so much. Now I can replace the other SimCribbling defaults with these. I was hoping for this and here you have done it....so gracious of you! Thanks again!

Live each day like it's your last!

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 10:32 PM
Thankyou very much! The sim cribbling skintones are my favorite, and the new alien one would also look awesome. Sorry, I have a stupid question; I'm assuming this replaces all Maxis skintones of the ready-made sims (postgirl, repairman, townies, &tc) already in the game, as opposed to just the new ones that you make? Just to clarify...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by schuldig_seiben
I'm assuming this replaces all Maxis skintones of the ready-made sims (postgirl, repairman, townies, &tc) already in the game, as opposed to just the new ones that you make? Just to clarify...

Yep, it replaces all of the existing sims skintones, but it doesnt update their icons...if anyone knows how to update all prexisting sims icons that would be great.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 10:53 PM
The icons update after you do a change of appearance in the mirror. I just use the insimenator and select that sim, go to change their appearance in the mirror and maybe change their lipstick or something minor and click the okay button and the icon is changed. Now when my maid comes, her new icon pops up in the box saying she is leaving for the day.

Live each day like it's your last!

Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 10:56 PM
OMG! I'm so lovin you right now :D!
(That's weird now I know you a guy, but it's nice to hear, right?)
#15 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 11:15 PM
Thank you so much! I had in mind to ask you to do this, but I thought it would be too much since I already asked you to make the default alien skin. What can I say, you're the best :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luokkala11
Thank you so much! I had in mind to ask you to do this, but I thought it would be too much since I already asked you to make the default alien skin. What can I say, you're the best :D

Don't worry, the aliens ones are coming soon... :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 11:18 PM
Thanks for making these default! Also, thanks for giving us the option to make the dark tan skintone as the default tan (S3). I'm looking forward to the alien default tones!
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 11:37 PM
Quick question: Does this specific skintone affect men as well. 56K won't let me download successfully from SimCribbling to check. >.<
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 12:32 AM
Yes. It affects man too. My Chris & Wyatt Halliwell never looks so good :D.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 12:57 AM
My question is, if I make them the default skin tones, the ones that you didn't convert to default, I can keep the regular type skin tones I've allready gotten from simcribbling in my game. So, if I choose the pale for the default light skintone, I can then keep the original simcribbling light skin tone in my folder as a custom skintone?
Inventor
#21 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 1:41 AM
Yes you'll still have the custom skintone I want to say thanks for making these defaults. I found a way to do it using the Scan folders tool and was excited and it didn't carry over all the textures. I went to check Don Lothario's household and his face took on the new skin but his fit body type was the Maxis default lol
His wife and kids were fine though. I'm on dial up though so I'll have to download these later on when I have more time to be online lol, like several hours

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Instructor
#22 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 1:49 AM
Oooh. I think these are going to replace my Helaene 805 defaults (I love those skins, but the eyelashes on them were starting to drive me crazy). Plus there's an alien one to go with! Would love to see zombie/vampire defaults from the grey tones also, if that's possible, so that any zombies or vamps in the game will match with everyone else.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 2:28 AM
Thanks so much for the answer Greenlea, I allready put them in anyway, kinda figured I would still be able to have the others as customs. Thanks again Patty for doing this, it's just what I wanted. Even those gorilla faced Maxi's guys look better now.
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 3:27 AM
すべてが反映されています。
All are reflected.

Thank you I value your work.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 8:45 AM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 10