Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Completed Career: Star Fleet Career - Teen and Adult

by gk4495 Posted 14th Nov 2005 at 4:15 PM - Updated 26th Mar 2006 at 2:51 AM by gk4495 : Updated/Debugged Career

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 4:54 PM
Looks like a fun one. The teen career reminds me of Wesley on "The Next Generation" :D

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 7:47 PM
Nice one! I always like a good career

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Nov 2005 at 8:11 PM
AWW I was working on this career!

"Your happiness is unrelated to anything you have inside." - Riku
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 2:47 AM
i hate wessley his annoying and ugly

astro;zombie;;<3
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 4:19 AM
Sounds promising! Does it include outfits? There are tons of Star Trek outfits out there. ...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sr383
Sounds promising! Does it include outfits? There are tons of Star Trek outfits out there. ...

I did not include outfits as I cannot find a way to make custom clothing work. As a result I merely used the Maxis military uniforms. If you would like I could release a version that allows your sims to go to work dressed in their everyday clothes which would allow you to use the many different Star Trek custom clothes available.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 10:29 AM
I don't know about sr383, but I would very much appreciate being able to send my little Star Trek sims off to work in the uniforms I have for them. Of course, if that's a lot of work for you then hey, I'd be content with the career as is. *smiles*
And here I thought I'd never have a reason to download a custom career, with all the problems I had with the one that sneaked into my game unintentionally. But this is a great one, how could I resist?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryûchan
I don't know about sr383, but I would very much appreciate being able to send my little Star Trek sims off to work in the uniforms I have for them. Of course, if that's a lot of work for you then hey, I'd be content with the career as is. *smiles*
And here I thought I'd never have a reason to download a custom career, with all the problems I had with the one that sneaked into my game unintentionally. But this is a great one, how could I resist?

It really isn't a problem at all. I'll try to get the "without default uniform" version up this afternoon.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 9:24 AM
Whee, thank you! My little sims will sign up to Starfleet right away.
Hmm... will they still be able to take their Star Trek shuttle-cars to work, or should I just let them fly off on their own?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 4:26 PM
This is great. Now if you could make a Starfleet Cadet major for University, you could actually send them to Starfleet Academy!

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." -- James T. Kirk
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaptainRC
This is great. Now if you could make a Starfleet Cadet major for University, you could actually send them to Starfleet Academy!

Actually I am testing a Starfleet Academy major that should be posted some time today.
#13 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 2:35 AM
Oh my gosh!! My trekkie self has died and gone to heaven!!

GK you are a legend!!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 3:22 PM
I can't wait to get T'Pol, Tucker and Spock in to this in my game!!!

Thank you! :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 9:56 PM
Great Now I five 7 of 9 a PROPER JOB>
And Get back to making all the characters from "ANGEL" series (Done Angel, Wesley, And fred Burkle" \Gladly share ....but I haven't uploaded any of my creations and I have many *blush*
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 1:22 PM
Even though I requested this months ago, I don't like this. I feel that the person (who's name i can't remember at the moment) would have done a better job. I had actually wrote descriptions for the whole career. I hope that even though you have made this career the person who was going to make it before still does it. I'm not even going to bother downloading.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inverleven5
Even though I requested this months ago, I don't like this. I feel that the person (who's name i can't remember at the moment) would have done a better job. I had actually wrote descriptions for the whole career. I hope that even though you have made this career the person who was going to make it before still does it. I'm not even going to bother downloading.

Forgive me for saying so, but that seems like a rather pointless thing to say, especially the 'I'm not even going to bother downloading' bit. The tone just seems rude to me; sure, if you don't like it don't download it, but a more polite choice of words might have been appropriate. I don't even see any appreciation for the hard work that has been put into this regardless of whether it was what you specifically wanted...

:rant: Ahem. Now that that's out of my system... brilliant career, I think, very approriate for the sim versions of characters I've created for RPGs (I have one particular character who is supposed to be a science officer, and now she can have a proper job to match the RPG version) So thank you, both for making this, and for sharing!

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#18 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 12:15 PM

How rude and insensitive- that comment truly disgusts me. What kind of person leaves a comemnt like that? gk4495 is a good career creator, and doesn't deserve ignorant comments provided by people such as yourself.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 10:37 PM

I'm sorry you feel this way. Actually, as I stated in the original posting, this career was created as a result of a request from Shadrach1701. As a result I followed the career path, with some modifications, that Shadrach1701 provided (and even used a couple of chance card ideas he e-mailed to me.) Perhaps the person you originally contacted will yet make a Star Trek career more to your liking. If so that would be great. I would never consider my word the final word on anything as broad as Star Trek.

Thank you to all for your kind comments related to this career. I have appreciated your input and suggestions.
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 3:36 AM
Great career. I especially love when my Sim goes off to work
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 3:08 AM
I love star trek and I have been testing your starfleet career. My sim goes to work but i do get a error when he gets back and have to hit reset button and i don't get paid or promoted.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 21st Dec 2005 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fenric1963
I love star trek and I have been testing your starfleet career. My sim goes to work but i do get a error when he gets back and have to hit reset button and i don't get paid or promoted.

What error are you getting and at what level? I'll take a look at it.
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 3:50 AM
I think the error says too many Iterations. I'm not to sure about the full message i'll play the career again to let you know. It happen at the first level just when the sim comes home. plus he does not fly home , he pops in after i hit the reset and i dont get paid and my job level meter is at full and i get no promotion .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fenric1963
I think the error says too many Iterations. I'm not to sure about the full message i'll play the career again to let you know. It happen at the first level just when the sim comes home. plus he does not fly home , he pops in after i hit the reset and i dont get paid and my job level meter is at full and i get no promotion .

Too many iterations is the error message you get when a sim has improperly entered the lot. I've had that happen when the gardiner comes to work, for example. As I understand it, it is a lot corruption issue and not a career issue. The only way to clear that up is to move out of the lot and move back in again. In one case in my game I had to completely bulldoze the lot to clear up the problem. Before you do anything radical try the career on a different lot with a different sim and see if it does it there. In the mean time, I will take a look at the career and see what, if anything, there is that needs correcting. Keep me posted.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#25 Old 22nd Dec 2005 at 5:23 PM
Hehehe... I'll have fun with this... Imagine a whole neighbourhod of metal houses... maybe I'll request a cool hovering car to go with it - I've already got a magic carpet after all.

You know, it's when I see comments like Inverleven5's that I wish I were a mod. I could put the reason for deletion as "get a life, you ungrateful little twit"

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Page 1 of 3