Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*fixed:Nov.28*Modified Uni perm hair with Bangs(all ages).

by VETTY Posted 19th Nov 2005 at 10:16 PM - Updated 23rd Nov 2007 at 7:37 PM by VETTY

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 5:31 AM
beautiful work

Nobody cares about threats over the internet.
Dont try to act hard with the keyboard...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 5:36 AM
Now i really like this hair.. because of the bang !!! You dit a wonderful job ..i really really love it Thanks
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 7:52 AM Last edited by ciboulettebis : 20th Nov 2005 at 7:57 AM.
you're right, I also always thought that something was wrong with that mesh. now, I know what lol :nod:
you make it perfect, with taste. with your work, it becames harmonious.
thank you very much for sharing, I think I will use it as default.

:baloons:
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 10:25 AM
Beautiful work, WETTY! At last, that hairstyle with the bang now feels complete. You must have spend a lot of time on the texture, it looks perfectly seamless with the rest of the hair. Thank you and keep up the great work!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 11:09 AM
awesome! completely spectacular! I NEVER used to use the uni hair, but this is too gorgeous to resist and looks so much more natural! Keep up the amazing work :D

SAm....Home to the clones and my gorgeous friends,
SIMilar Addiction
Space Pony
#7 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 11:19 AM
This hair is really very pretty with bangs ! Thanx so much !

Silvi
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 1:18 PM
Gorgeaus work. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:13 PM
is it for all ages?
great work
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zack16
is it for all ages?
great work
I'm sorry but no it isn't. it's for young adult, adult and elder.
I don't know how invert the hair for all ages.
I will try figuring it out and if I come to make it possible let me refresh this thread with new files .

Thanks for all kind replys I really appreciate(and feel happy ). happy simming.. :nod:

*Feel free to use,edit,upload my hairs, no need for permission*
(just small credit - link or name - will be gratitued)

I'm against the dog-meat of Korea as A Korean.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 8:12 PM
Thanks! This hairstyle is georgeous with bangs, and I really appreciate it that you've categorized it with DatGen!

The way you've done it it won't work properly for elders, though. Here's the fix:

1. Load the hair files into DatGen. Open SkinManager and then the Bulk Hairtoner and Search to get the files to show up.

2. Use the + boxes next to each file name to drill down until you can see the names of each texture. These look like "yfhairshortperm_black", etc.

3. In each hair color you will see one texture has the name "efhairshortperm_grey". Drag this to the grey color swatch up above. You won't get any dialogue saying something's happened, but it's been fixed.

4. Save

5. Click Search again to update the display, and click on each the name of each package again. You will see that instead of each texture being in, say, the "Blonde" category, most of them are "Blonde" and the elder texture is in the "Grey" category. If so, congratulations! It's fixed.

If you would also like to set the "family" of the hairs correctly, that is even easier:

1. Select one of the .package names.

2. Fill in the button next to "Family Keys in this Package"

3. Put a checkmark by the name of each package

4. Click "Set family to all skins in checked packages". (the middle button)

5. Save and you are done.

Thank you again for an excellent mesh!
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 9:35 PM
I love it! I've never used that hairdo becuase it didn't look right, but now it does! Thanks!
Instructor
#13 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 9:41 PM Last edited by Mellisenda : 21st Nov 2005 at 12:32 AM.
VETTY, this a wonderful mesh modification. What a great looking idea for it. Thank you!

*Edited to add: It doesn't show up properly for elders in the color bins, as mentioned above. There is one other issue with this cute mesh set. There are dark pieces of it that didn't get colored properly sticking out throughout the entire head of the lighter colors:

I am very impressed with how great the bangs, look, though. They are very well done.

Melissa
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 11:53 PM
THANKS SO MUCH!! this looks like my real hair thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 2:09 AM Last edited by VETTY : 21st Nov 2005 at 2:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mellisenda
*Edited to add: It doesn't show up properly for elders in the color bins, as mentioned above. There is one other issue with this cute mesh set. There are dark pieces of it that didn't get colored properly sticking out throughout the entire head of the lighter colors:
Thank you Mellisenda :valentine for your concern! I think I should fix a few things with this hair as soon as possible. I'm very sorry about this, I didn't even notice it when I was taking pictures of hairs. Frankly, I checked the hairs very few times in game play. I was paying attention too much to how it shows in bodyshop. I will look into it and there's more things it should be fixed - animation/texturing sticking out parts/making elders show properly in color bins/retexturing black one little brighter/bring pink one back to CAS/make more harmony? with original part..
I promise to work them all in a day and hope to upload again soon.

Thank you sincerly!

*thanks for the picture, I should have taken bigger pictures *

*Feel free to use,edit,upload my hairs, no need for permission*
(just small credit - link or name - will be gratitued)

I'm against the dog-meat of Korea as A Korean.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 3:06 AM
These black hairs are probably more of a mesh transpency issue then a texture problem. I downloaded the base of this hair for all ages a while back and had the same problem. I think that issue is fixxed by Nightlife, because I haven't had that problem on any meshes since
Instructor
#17 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 4:00 AM
VETTY, you should stop apologizing. I do have the most current version of Nightlife, so that's not the issue. Thank you very much for your consideration, VETTY. You do not have anything to apologize for. You are doing your best with this great new mesh set. :D

Melissa
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 5:24 AM
한국사람?꺄울!!!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Nov 2005 at 10:19 PM
I downloaded and tested; this is good. I haven't used the original one because it doesn't look quite right. Your modification fixes the problem. It looks nice. Thanks.

One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Nov 2005 at 8:46 PM
This is great. I mean very amazing. As Hony said above, it fits perfectly wityh the rest of the hair. Does not looks like it was added in at all. This is great. I also loved the other one and it was my favorite mesh. Now this is my favorite. It just fills in that huge GAP...thank you!

HBP

That's Hot
Instructor
#21 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 2:28 PM
great job with his hair. Inever really like the original uni myself but I love this version of yours. thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 12:01 PM
what a pity we can't use the "thanks" button twice !!!
it's so cut on toddler and children :omg:
I love them :yippee: thank you again vetty !
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 3:01 PM
Great job! Very cute hair!

(())
//\\
"Well I'm in business...business of kickin' your a**, and let me tell you, business is booming! I'm open for business, business of givin' you the business...up your butt!" ~Meatwad from Aqua Teen Hungerforce
Test Subject
#24 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 10:13 PM
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Thanks for sharing this great hairstyle... I would appreciate more recolors ^^

hugs,

Dani
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 1:30 AM
very nice improvement!
Page 1 of 3