Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Collection for the Christmas Holiday Party Pack by Maxis - Updated 11-22-05

by simdebster Posted 20th Nov 2005 at 11:04 AM - Updated 16th Dec 2008 at 1:37 PM by -Maylin-

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 126 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 6
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 11:11 AM Last edited by MsEvil2 : 12th Nov 2011 at 10:37 PM.
Thank you so much! But its not the game, is it?
(Just making sure)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 11:12 AM
No. As my text above states, this is only the Collection not the Objects themselves. You still need to go out and buy the pack.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 11:28 AM
9 downloads and still no Thank you's? That's unfair! This is extremely useful! Finally I don't have to browse the whole catalog to spot the new items :D

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 11:33 AM
Thank you Numenor. I was beginning to think no one was getting the whole idea of the collection. Yes, I got very tired of hunting all of the objects. I could not believe Maxis did not give us one.

Deb
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 11:33 AM
Yay! Wonderful! <3
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 11:47 AM
Well, I give two thank you's! One here and one up @ the link. Received my preordered HP'05 a few days ago and had a bit of difficulty finding everything. This will help quite a bit!

Like a flea circus at a dog show!
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 11:51 AM
?????????

♣ -LittleBird- ♣
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 12:28 PM
Thank you so much, it's really great of you to post the collection so that I don't have to dig around and make one for myself. I really appreciate your work and thoughtfullness. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 12:28 PM
-LittleBird-: Did you want to say something? Ask something? Just confused? What???????

Deb
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 12:30 PM
Thank you simnut94. You have a great Thanksgiving, as well!

Deb
Tentacle Of Righteousness
#12 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 12:33 PM
Thank You Simdebster for the collection. i have the new pack, and i also was amazed that maxis didn't offer the collection. BTW i love the kitty cat's eyes in your avatar.
We have oooh...like 25 cats that live outside(not ours) but they all come see us every morning as well as 2 ducks..lol

Alt 255
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned
to a dead channel.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 12:39 PM Last edited by simdebster : 20th Nov 2005 at 1:25 PM. Reason: 25 cats
Thank you wintermuteai1. That little kitty is such a sweetheart. I love her a bunch. Her eyes have gone more golden in color as she has gotten older. I cannot seem to get any good pictures of her anymore because every time that I get the camera out, she walks over to smell it! Animals, you gotta love them!

I had to come back to add this because of the 25 cats (and 2 ducks). That picture in my mind just cracks me up! Do you feed them all? I know they are not yours, but you cannot let them go hungry.

Deb
Scholar
#14 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:11 PM
Thank you! This is so useful.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:20 PM
Personally, I think it's unfair that Maxis has to let you buy the content pack (I guess thats how they get they're money) but it is sorta like a expansion so I guess putting a price on it would be right; I'd get it if they sold it in stores. I'd get it from the internet but I don't know how to. Do you need like a credt card or something. I might just go buy the retail version and own the game twice! Talk about desperet you know!?
:banana:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:31 PM
Mikesim2004: It's not unfair. There are a ton of quality holiday objects in this pack. You can order it from the EA Store online and yes, you will need a credit card to pay. I am not sure whether they are selling it in stores, but you can get more information from the official site. The price really is not as high as an expansion pack, so it is reasonably priced. I certainly would not buy the game again just to get it, though. So check out other options out there.

Deb
Test Subject
#17 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simdebster
No. As my text above states, this is only the Collection not the Objects themselves. You still need to go out and buy the pack.

So, why have you uploaded "the collection"?!?!? what was the point? I mean, thanz for the dining set, its pretty cool, but what else do you get? Seems kinda pointless... :rant:

omg, i was walking along and there was this moose and he was eating some cranberry sauce, so he was like, Hey, im not a monkey woooo but then there was a monkey but it was a racoon and it breathed fire and it fell down the well and um... sorry, fell asleep on the keyboard there
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#18 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:37 PM
Whats pointless is your last post Rather_cheesy. You obviously haven't read the download description or understand the concept of a collection or indeed read any of the other posts here.

How about you go away and think what you just did?

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Whats pointless is your last post Rather_cheesy. You obviously haven't read the download description or understand the concept of a collection or indeed read any of the other posts here.

How about you go away and think what you just did?

Regards,
Delphy

Sorry! i did read it, but it came across as the collection, with everything in, sorry that i misunderstood and all but i dont see the point in uploading a collection...?

omg, i was walking along and there was this moose and he was eating some cranberry sauce, so he was like, Hey, im not a monkey woooo but then there was a monkey but it was a racoon and it breathed fire and it fell down the well and um... sorry, fell asleep on the keyboard there
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:40 PM
Rather cheesy: If you had bought the pack, you would understand better. The items were scattered throughout the categories and throughout both buy and build mode items. The Point is that it was difficult trying to find them, therefore, a collection was needed to have them conveniently all in one place.

Deb
Stupid people are stupid
#21 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:42 PM
I think this is great. I can't understand why MAXIS didn't include this. Thanks.
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:44 PM
fair enough, and your right, maxis should have made 1. Save every1 some time, lol

Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 2:55 PM
I was kind of amazed and disappointed that Maxis didn't do this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 3:04 PM
Hitch: Me too! I must have scrolled through my collections at least two or three times looking for it and thinking I somehow missed it. It was probably the last thing on the developers list to do (probably waiting for all objects to be done first) and then they ran out of time.

Deb
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 3:08 PM
simdebster thanks for the maxis party pk you had put together from maxis,but i wanted to ask you if the gift box suppose to have something in it. I noticed when i clicked on the gift box icon nothing appeared, and a message popped up saying if i wanted to add something to the collections folder i needed to go into the buy mode. Perhaps i may need to download the others files from your previous thread.
Page 1 of 6