Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mara Jade - by request

by lykurgus Posted 21st Nov 2005 at 8:22 AM - Updated 1st Apr 2006 at 2:21 AM by lykurgus : Added new leathers

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 10:15 AM
Very nice ! Thanks !

.: Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall :.
– Confucious
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 6:39 PM
Looks great...thanks:-)
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 8:06 PM
She's luke's wife. They have a kid, called Ben. And good work. Thank you.

Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 11:44 PM
She is Jedi Master Mara Jade Skywalker now
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 2:20 AM
Skin isn't showing up in my game. I don't need Nightlife, do I? I have the mesh and the skin that can with it is working....but not yours:-(
Also, think you can do something along the same lines as this but with a Jedi Robe over it? That's how I picture Mara dressing now. Maybe a really dark green robe or something? Anyone? Ideas?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 12:47 PM
Nightlife? Unlikely. But I just noticed it had a line or two of University code. I won't bore you with it, I'll just do a non-EP skin.
I'll get back to you about the robe.

I'm up, and I'm dressed...
WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT????
#8 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 6:55 AM
To be honest, I don't think you've accurately made her. Noble intentions though.
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 9:26 PM
Hard to accurately make someone who is no more than a character from novels. She looks the way you picture her in your mind. All he has to go from are artist's renderings and, ack, Shannon McRandle who, in my opinion, does not make a good Mara Jade. I think you did fine, Lykurgus. I appreciate your work. (Wish I could see it in my game...LOL)
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 4:11 PM
Still waiting, LOL. I'll tell you if it works as soon as it's finished pending:-)
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 9:31 PM
Still doesn't show in my game. I don't get it. I have the mesh...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 9:07 PM Last edited by lykurgus : 5th Dec 2005 at 1:12 PM.
Nor do I - I have an unexpanded game at work, and it appeared in that - or at least the suit did (the mesh is called 'MESH_amsafpepsibiker' just in case you have some other one).
This new sim I put up just now, was remade through the unexpanded game, so if it still doesn't work I'm stumped.

Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 10:39 PM
As I'm actually currently reading books that concern Mara Jade, I figure I'll give some backstory for her, since you don't know.
Mara Jade was originally one of the Emporer's very close and secret servants (known primarily as Emporer's Hands). After the fall of the Empire she eventually ended up working with a big time smuggler, Talon Karrde. Because of the fall of the Empire, Mara grew to hate Luke, because she blamed him primarily for the failure of the Empire and her status as Emporer's Hand. Luke at some point during the reign of Grand Admiral Thrawn (he takes over the Empire, and this all occurs about 5 years after Return of the Jedi), is abandoned in space with R2 and has no hope of surviving. Talon Karrde's ship picks him up. Luke and Mara hate each other lots and end up going through the jungle to avoid detection from the remnants of the Empire, and after that, everything just kind of falls into place.
Anyways.. back on-topic. It's a really nice interpretation. Is her necklace a Maxis mesh, or part of the clothing or what? Anyway, tis very good.
#14 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 1:10 PM
Really, nice work! You do such awesome stuff you teen padawans were incredible too! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cynicalgirl88
As I'm actually currently reading books that concern Mara Jade, I figure I'll give some backstory for her, since you don't know.
Mara Jade was originally one of the Emporer's very close and secret servants (known primarily as Emporer's Hands). After the fall of the Empire she eventually ended up working with a big time smuggler, Talon Karrde. Because of the fall of the Empire, Mara grew to hate Luke, because she blamed him primarily for the failure of the Empire and her status as Emporer's Hand. Luke at some point during the reign of Grand Admiral Thrawn (he takes over the Empire, and this all occurs about 5 years after Return of the Jedi), is abandoned in space with R2 and has no hope of surviving. Talon Karrde's ship picks him up. Luke and Mara hate each other lots and end up going through the jungle to avoid detection from the remnants of the Empire, and after that, everything just kind of falls into place.
Anyways.. back on-topic. It's a really nice interpretation. Is her necklace a Maxis mesh, or part of the clothing or what? Anyway, tis very good.

Falls into place? Quite apart from the disturbing relationship they would by definition have, by what convoluted plot device did the Empire decide she should come home in a box? Or is that one of those "why-didn't-ET-heal-himself-with-his-glowing-finger" holes in the script nobody got a chance to fill?

The necklace, before I REALLY get started, is part of the mesh. Even if I was inclined to chop up Amys meshes behind her back, there was no reason not to leave it just as it was.

Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lykurgus
Falls into place? Quite apart from the disturbing relationship they would by definition have, by what convoluted plot device did the Empire decide she should come home in a box? Or is that one of those "why-didn't-ET-heal-himself-with-his-glowing-finger" holes in the script nobody got a chance to fill?

The necklace, before I REALLY get started, is part of the mesh. Even if I was inclined to chop up Amys meshes behind her back, there was no reason not to leave it just as it was.

I said "falls into place" because I haven't quite finished the series yet. Shh... <_< >_>
#17 Old 16th Jan 2006 at 11:03 AM
Well, I was reading that not only George Lucas is releasing Eps. 7, 8, and 9 in 2014-2020, but there's this one part in Ep. 9 script where Anakin Solo gets his head whacked off by a Sith lightsaber(yeeoowch!) And as the cloned Luke attacks the real Luke, "Mara Jade uses a saber throw to cut the legs out from underneath the cloned Luke"

Now, if Mara Jade hates Luke, why'd they get married, and have kids, and why, in Ep. 9, she saved his sorry ass?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 10:58 AM
Hating each other doesn't prevent all that - in my experience, it's never stopped anyone else.

Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Jan 2006 at 2:34 AM
George Lucas has stated more times than I can count that there will be no Episodes 7, 8 and 9. He is planning some tv series though.
The whole cloned Luke idea comes from Timothy Zahn's Last Command trilogy. Mara had been given a last command to kill Luke Skywalker by the Emperor before he died. By killing the cloned Luke, Mara fulfilled that command and their friendship began to grow after that. It took 10 years for them to get to the point of realizing they were in love and they got married.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 5:46 PM
Greetings

Sometimes it is hard to tell from the photos (you can't see it until you look at the Sim in game) but does Mara's outfit have the "reflective" sheen to it like in the pictures; you know the PVC/latex look? If not, do you mind if I recolor it?

Also, what is the possibility of getting a lightsaber added to the belt? I am not really that into meshing yet (could one be made as an accessory or in some other way?) so cannot make one for myself at this point. You don't really need one for your other Jedi/Sith because, arguably, they would be hidden by the robes. Mara, however, is not wearing any (YAY EYECANDY!) and so seems naked without one, though not in a good way.

Excellent work!

Happy Hunting
RF

Duty is heavier than a mountain - Death is lighter than a feather. The Wheel of Time

Pain is a blessing, anger is a gift

I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few; My pipe of briar, my open fire, A book that's not too new. Robert Service
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Jan 2006 at 11:33 PM
I didn't know how to make her suit shiny without doing the same to her skin - nor could I find a guide for doing it. But if you'd like to have a crack in the meantime, please do.

As for the lightsabre, I tried adding it to the body, but it always ended up looking kinda silly. I'll find some sort of belt accessory and change the mesh on that.

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 5:33 PM
Greetings

Actually I have been fooling with the whole reflexivity thing and think I am getting close. There is some information on the subject floating around somewhere, but I’ll be dammed if I can remember where. When I can pull it out of my brain (or bookmarks) I will PM you with it, just so you have it.

The whole accessory belt thing sounds great, but you really don't have to. It was just an idea; she looks great as she is!

Happy Hunting
RF

Duty is heavier than a mountain - Death is lighter than a feather. The Wheel of Time

Pain is a blessing, anger is a gift

I have some friends, some honest friends, and honest friends are few; My pipe of briar, my open fire, A book that's not too new. Robert Service
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Feb 2006 at 8:10 PM
Its good, I'm actually in the process of making a Mara, but as I don't have any 3D programs I have to cope with recolouring.

But I'll just download yours... it'll save me the trouble, not that I'm lazy or anything.

Mara and Luke are drawn to each other, or thats how I read it, but it is an, well, interesting relationship.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkEagle
Mara and Luke are drawn to each other, or thats how I read it, but it is an, well, interesting relationship.
LOL, 'interesting' is one way of putting it ... and, as has been said, in Timothy Zahn's defense, it does take them over a decade to realize they love each other ...

An interesting spin on Mara. Not at all how I picture her. But that's the cool thing about novels -- you can picture them how you wish. And it's always fascinating to see how others picture the same character (especially as the saucy red-head is my fave Star Wars char of all time). To have that same picture serve a purpose (for example, a Sim able to be used in the game ) is twice as nice. Thanks, Lykurgus.

Edit: I just realized that the only thing different about her than the general mental image of her I have is the hair. And that outfit kicks @$$. Will be downloading!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rocas Faol 777
The whole accessory belt thing sounds great, but you really don't have to. It was just an idea; she looks great as she is!

I managed. Here...
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=132813

Page 1 of 2