Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Do Homework Mod

by monique Posted 23rd Nov 2005 at 1:37 AM - Updated 9th Nov 2006 at 12:34 PM by monique

104 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 1:46 AM
I will test this later, but if it is as good as it sounds, then I will just have to thank you some more.

Thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 1:56 AM
I'll be testing this out tomorrow- I'll let you know how it turns out! This is a great idea, though, hopefully it will work!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 1:56 AM
I will test this as soon as I am done with my own homework, LOL. Awesome thanx.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 2:05 AM
I will try this out and let you know. Thanks!

When this battle is over
I feel I will survive
In the battle of the dragon
No one walks away-S. Nicks
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 5:26 AM
WOW! Teen sims give up woohoo for homework!

I tested it in a new family that I was insane enough to create with two teens, two kids, and two todlers. I ran it for about three sim days, and every day, the sims would stop what they were doing and do their homework. The first day I didn't know what was happening till I realized it was 7:00.

One of the teens invited a friend over after school and they began to get close, even wanting to woohoo, but before they could, the clock struck 7:00 and she ran to her respective notebook leaving her boyfriend saying "WHAT?"

From this, I say that this is definently a keeper of a hack. After just a few hours of gameplay I'm asking myself how I lived without it. Now all I need is a mod in my head that makes me do my homework at 7:00 each night...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 6:18 AM
Sounds awesome.
I'll test this right away.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 8:18 AM
Can I just ask what happens if your teen is at work, and finishes at 8, for example? Will they do their homework as soon as they get in?
Scholar
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 10:08 AM
I assume they'll only do their own homework...
What happens if they've already done their homework? Sorry for all the silly questions, but I don't have any kids at the moment. :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 11:08 AM
Thanks Dragonball161 for your feedback.

cristalfiona, I think yes. You may cancel that interaction anytime if you think that your sim need rest.

gwillewyn, yes they will only do their own homework. When they are done, it's the same thing as when they do it manually.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Instructor
#11 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 11:40 AM
This is perfect. Thanks for another good hack.
#12 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 2:09 PM
Nice! I downloaded it, but I'll try it in a few minutes. Great Job!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 2:23 PM
Will this clash at all with 'homeworksometimesfasterfun' by JennFlower?

'Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....at least then he'll be a mile away and barefoot'
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Braveheart
Will this clash at all with 'homeworksometimesfasterfun' by JennFlower?

That's a good question. No it wont clash with any other homework hacks. This is a separate object programmed to call your sims to do their homework at specified time (7:00PM).

If you're using Inge's reservable desk with homework patch, your sims will put down their homework on their own desk then at 7:00PM my hack will call them to do their homework and if you have jenflower's hack or Inge's skill while homework patch, these hacks will still work while your sims are doing their homework. Same thing will happen if you have homework in bedroom hack by dizzy2. My hack will only call them nothing more and I didnt mod the behaviour of doing a homework. Our objective here is no or minimal interaction from us in doing of homework pls read the request.

Correction to what I said to cristalfiona, I think no and nothing will happen. When I checked my codes, it will only search sims who are present on lot and have a homework. But I didnt test with that scenario and I didnt test it with night school. Maybe you can give us your feedback if you have this setup.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 10:57 PM
ididnt' tell you that i loved you today monique. you make me cry with your goodness.i love all of your hacks. and the computer was epic. this is just a cherry on top of the whippedcream on top of the icream on top of the butter on top of the pumpkin pie which is on the side of the best meal i could imagine. thanks for this
Field Researcher
#16 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 12:07 AM
Oh god I needed this so much! I have a house with a ton of kids, and i'm always misplacing their homework T_T
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 12:44 AM
I'm off to test it now.. I hope it works as well as dragonball implies =P

My teen sims arent allowed to woohoo in their parents' houses ne wayz

I used to waste my time dreaming of being alive now I only waste it dreaming of you .
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluemoonKIT
ididnt' tell you that i loved you today monique. you make me cry with your goodness.i love all of your hacks. and the computer was epic. this is just a cherry on top of the whippedcream on top of the icream on top of the butter on top of the pumpkin pie which is on the side of the best meal i could imagine. thanks for this

Being as Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I thought this one appropriate.. lol .. I also have loads of your stuff and just love the stuff you keep throwing our way. Thanks alot

"It's never to late to make a new beginning!"
Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 7:12 AM
Seems to work great in my game! And boy did I need this! I was just saying a couple of days ago.. I wish there was a hack that would make them do their homework. Now all I need is for them to place their homework on desks! I usually have more than 1 child in a family.. and they're all wanting to put their homework on one particular desk! I used to use Inge's desk hack.. but don't think it has been updated for nightlife. Does anyone know if it works in nightlife?

You're awesome, Monique! I love all of your mods! Especially this one, the computer, and the no spoil food!

I just wish someone would make some more recolors for the computer! I'd love to see some softer colors!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 8:57 AM
so totally cool

astro;zombie;;<3
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 10:00 PM
It would be impossible for me to explain just how much I love you right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. :bow: :bow2:

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 8:20 AM
I love is there a mod for put homework in the bedroom, would they work together?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 8:22 AM
This works great and doesn’t clash with anything I currently have (92 mods including this one). Works very nicely combined with Dizzy's mod (homework to bedroom) as stated.

I have tested it in a variety of situations and it works every time. The homework stays queued up for sims off lot (at work) and will also interrupt skilling or any other task the sim may be doing. No slow down with several sims all being called at the same time. It doesnt even get bumped out for stairway clogs (as there are none with this for some reason even with multiple sims using the same staircase) or other events that will generally drop queues. I get actual joy from using this mod, imagine that... :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 9:51 AM
Thank you very much nectere that you have time to share with us the results of your testing. I know that it's not really easy to do a testing because of that the game is soooo slow to load. The first line of your report answered cristalfiona's question - "homework stays queued up for sims off lot (at work)".

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 10:31 AM
this is great, thankyou for sharing this with us

Sarcasm is the KEY to living a long and enjoyable life.
Page 1 of 5