Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Replacement Face Templates for CAS/BodyShop

by AllenABQ Posted 24th Nov 2005 at 4:47 AM - Updated 28th Nov 2005 at 2:54 AM by AllenABQ

93 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 88 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 4:59 AM
Dude. AWESOME.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 5:12 AM
This is great, a wonderful and needed addition to the game... Thank You for all the great work. :nod:
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 5:26 AM
I never even considered this was possible. You have officially made my list of Modding Gods.
Cult Leader
#5 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 5:29 AM
Amazing job. Thankyou this will come in very handy, much nicer than the trouts they (maxis) give you. Look out for some on my sims to come.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Plum
I never even considered this was possible. You have officially made my list of Modding Gods.

Motoki deserves the credit for figuring it out. I just followed his instructions.

:D
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 6:03 AM
Ooh.

I want to go make a whole new neighborhood now.
Instructor
#8 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AllenABQ
Motoki deserves the credit for figuring it out. I just followed his instructions.

Nah, I just messed with a few files, you did all the hard work.

BTW, if any of the mods here want to put up my tutorial here in the tutorials section I don't mind. You can just cut and paste it in a new thread. I'd do it myself but I don't have access to post in the forum.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 7:56 AM
Merci ^_^ Fantastic work.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 8:26 AM
WOW!

This is so cool! Finally, more realistic face templates. I agree with you, most of the default Maxis face templates are a bit, "exaggerated" when it comes to facial features. And most of them really aren't THAT realistic.

Thanks! You are a genius in creating this. An original, I must admit.

One note, though.

"What this mod doesn't do:
1. It doesn't prevent the game from choosing bad combinations when randomly putting together townies/NPCs. For example, the game could pick an asian face and give the sim dark skin, green eyes, and a red mohawk."

Personally, I don't think that THAT is a bad combination. THERE ARE ALOT of asians with dark skin tones (who are exceptionally good-looking!), especially in tropical countries in asia like India, Thailand, Sri Lanka & even the Philippines who wear green, blue or grey contact lenses which don't really elicit bad reviews from public. So, a dark skinned asian wearing green contacts sporting a red mohawk doesn't really look that bad, right? Actually, there is a famous handsome rock star here who fits the "bad combination" you described.

I still am in awe with your creation, though. And you are truly a creative guy for thinking a marvelous idea like this.

Again, thank you for this.

Downloading it.

-Romeo

That's me, silly. Not a sim. But uh, if you're into me, good. If not, whatever.
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 11:05 AM
Thanks for this, I really mean that! :D
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 11:31 AM
This is amazing, I can now basically just click Randomize button in Body Shop and start applying makeup and clothing to sims, no need to edit faces at all.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 1:40 PM
This is such a great idea. Thanx so much for this...it was a lot of work and truly appreciated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Romeo
Personally, I don't think that THAT is a bad combination. THERE ARE ALOT of asians with dark skin tones (who are exceptionally good-looking!), especially in tropical countries in asia like India, Thailand, Sri Lanka & even the Philippines who wear green, blue or grey contact lenses which don't really elicit bad reviews from public. So, a dark skinned asian wearing green contacts sporting a red mohawk doesn't really look that bad, right? Actually, there is a famous handsome rock star here who fits the "bad combination" you described.

To each their own. I've personally never seen a combination like that outside of the game. But hey! If you like it, go for it! I was just trying to address the known propensity of the game to come up with outlandish combinations because of its randomness.

Quote: Originally posted by .::TSN::.
This is amazing, I can now basically just click Randomize button in Body Shop and start applying makeup and clothing to sims, no need to edit faces at all.

Remember, I didn't promise "beauty" with this set. No doubt some people will still find some of these sims ugly. But if you really don't like messing with the face controls then yes you don't have to do near so much tinkering now to get rid of Maxis-inspired fugliness!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 2:45 PM Last edited by luizamonteiro : 24th Nov 2005 at 2:58 PM.
Oooh, and you were considerate enough to leave pointy ears AND fixing that face! Thanks, thanks, thanks! :cdance:
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 3:57 PM
Oh I love you for this *kisses and all those nice things* Ty Ty Ty!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 4:48 PM
I, for one, am thrilled with this mod. I was really sick of those troll faces, especially the eyes that are way too big and the lips that protruded grotesquely out of proportion. Ghastly! Thanks for this. While it may not make them all pretty (that's the way of the real world), it does make them look more 'normal.'

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Field Researcher
#18 Old 24th Nov 2005 at 9:30 PM
My gosh! I am so speechless! I've had the hardest time with the maxis fugliestness! For some reason my asian sims (after 2 HOURS) of tinkering looked alright, then they reproduced. I just can't play that house anymore without wanting to kill that baby! Hopefully now I will be able to make "normal sims" without so much hassle & use SimPE to fix the abomination. Thank you so much!

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Forum Resident
#19 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 12:04 AM
The only thing possible to say is OH boy!! Thanks a ton! Those godawful presets were a massive eyesore! What were they thinking...that massive jaw and scary huge eyes!! Eeep! Thanks a plenty!

I...will never be a memory.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 3:38 AM
This is by far the coolest thing I have seen here in awhile. I can't wait to start a new game. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 7:44 AM
Wasn't there a hack that allowed you to delete all your townies so they would regenerate? I'm almost sure I saw that somewhere. That would be the perfect hack to have to go with this mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Nov 2005 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raynuss
Wasn't there a hack that allowed you to delete all your townies so they would regenerate? I'm almost sure I saw that somewhere. That would be the perfect hack to have to go with this mod.

If you access the NPC/Townie Maker object, there is an option to kill all townies. Not sure if that's what you mean. I don't know if it kills NPCs as well.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 1:11 AM
Thanks so much, I use risky woohoo and ugly children with townies can be a tragic consequence!

Crawling in my skin /These wounds they will not heal
Fear is how I fall / Confusing what is real
There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface
Consuming/confusing
This lack of self-control I fear is never ending
Controlling/I can't seem linkin park
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 2:25 AM
Great Mod!

Downloading later, when I fix my video card tomarrow.

One question, is there anyway for the game not to pick ugly clothing combinations?
*stares at Benjamin Long*
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmaniac72
Great Mod!

Downloading later, when I fix my video card tomarrow.

One question, is there anyway for the game not to pick ugly clothing combinations?
*stares at Benjamin Long*

Unfortunately, no. Anyone who can program fashion sense into this game would be my personal savior!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AllenABQ
If you access the NPC/Townie Maker object, there is an option to kill all townies. Not sure if that's what you mean. I don't know if it kills NPCs as well.

What is the NPC/Townie Maker object??? I've never heard of it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raynuss
What is the NPC/Townie Maker object??? I've never heard of it.

It's a boolprop cheat object. When you use the testingcheatsenabled code, you can access it by shift-right clicking on a sim and selecting the spawn option.

It's a device you can use to create all manner of townies and NPCs. But like all things boolprop, you need to be careful with how you use it.
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 12:40 AM
Thanks for all of the hard work y'all.
Does anyone have any pics of sims they have created since installing this? I'm curious what some look like before I get this. Especially ones where you took two to create a baby in CAS or even born in game if they are teen or older.
Thanks.
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 1:29 AM
This looks like a good thread to ask this again.

Is there any way to get the game to consider my custom content when making townies like Sims 1 did?
Banned
#30 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 3:39 AM
Romeo
I am late in responding but here's my two cents : I don't appreciate the game putting blue eyes or blond hair on dark skinned townies. Do they think that peple will not play ordinary brown and black characters in their game? Most black and brown people simply don't have blue and green eys. What's wrong with that? There's nothing to be ashamed about. It's perfectly natural. that is the way nature made huamn beings. Look all over Asia, Africa and the Middle East and you will rarely find some brown skinned or black sknned human being with blue or green eys. I think people should be PROUD of how nature made them and not want to hide it. Of course; if you want to dye your hair or wear contact lenses, that's nobody's business but your own (or your sim's) but shame and dishonesty about nature should not enter into the equation. Too many dark people are ashamed or sorry that they are not white, blue-eyed and blond. Ugh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plaidsquirrel
Thanks for all of the hard work y'all.
Does anyone have any pics of sims they have created since installing this? I'm curious what some look like before I get this. Especially ones where you took two to create a baby in CAS or even born in game if they are teen or older.
Thanks.

Posted some pics for everyone to see. Wish I could post faces of every single one, but that would be something like 200+ pictures!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 30th Nov 2005 at 3:44 AM
Oooo. Maxis Ugly begone. I'm going to be using this in my game for sure. Thanks.

Sims 2
The only reason Windows is on my PC.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 4:13 PM
"2. The new templates overwrite the default templates. No way is known yet of expanding the number of templates available."

http://www.jeanette-meets-diesims2.de/

When I downloaded the Jeanette Beidermann package from this site, it created a new, even uglier, face template in my bodyshop...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gnostic Dreamer
"2. The new templates overwrite the default templates. No way is known yet of expanding the number of templates available."

http://www.jeanette-meets-diesims2.de/

When I downloaded the Jeanette Beidermann package from this site, it created a new, even uglier, face template in my bodyshop...

Do you have screenshots to verify this? I installed the Jeanette Beidermann package quite some time ago and it did not add a face template, only the Jeanette sim and its accessories.
Test Subject
#35 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 5:41 AM
You have once again taken the game to another level. Thanks.
Instructor
#36 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 6:43 AM Last edited by hedgekat : 8th Dec 2005 at 8:24 AM.
What would happen if you only did the males? or only the females? Would you wind up with twice as many possible looks? Or would the new mens' daughters look like the original females rather than a feminine version of the new males features?

Edit: Never mind above question. Found answer in one of the other threads.

About Jeanette Biederman: I don't know if the new face came with her or not, but since I installed NL there is definitely a new female face in Bodyshop. Adult only. Doesn't look anything like the full sim Jeanette though. And I have had Jeanette for quite a while but hadn't noticed this new face till NL. Don't remember if I've seen her in CAS or not. Tried to check but my CD drive isn't wanting to run tonight.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hedgekat
What would happen if you only did the males? or only the females? Would you wind up with twice as many possible looks? Or would the new mens' daughters look like the original females rather than a feminine version of the new males features?

Edit: Never mind above question. Found answer in one of the other threads.

About Jeanette Biederman: I don't know if the new face came with her or not, but since I installed NL there is definitely a new female face in Bodyshop. Adult only. Doesn't look anything like the full sim Jeanette though. And I have had Jeanette for quite a while but hadn't noticed this new face till NL. Don't remember if I've seen her in CAS or not. Tried to check but my CD drive isn't wanting to run tonight.

As mentioned before, screenshots would be a big help. I have Nightlife and Uni installed as well. Every face template that I changed had a corresponding file in the "CASFaces.package" file that had a timestamp dating it as August 2004 -- prior to the release of the base game.
Test Subject
#38 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 8:00 PM
Default Thanks man
This really helps allot. I was so tired of clicking random a million times...Then having to go back and fix there noses or something...plus the templates are really ugly
Instructor
#39 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 5:12 AM
Very Interesting!

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 9:21 PM
Thank you soooooo much! a much needed download
Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Jan 2006 at 8:25 AM
I love them!
Quick question though, if I ever want to go back to the good old Maxis defaults, how would one remove this file? Would it switch back to the original templates?
TIA!

I'll fly with my own wings...
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 17th Jan 2006 at 11:22 PM
iit is amazing thanks a lot great work
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 5:45 PM
This is fantastic! Thank-you - now my sims won't all look the same - I only used to use two of the templates before :D
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 20th Jan 2006 at 1:40 AM
AllenABQ-

Sorry haven't checked back to this thread...

But here are the screenshots. Hope this helps.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 21st Jan 2006 at 6:55 PM
i'm new at this template do i just put it in my downloads and use the cheat code when i go and make a new neighborhood? and is the right cheat? testingcheatsenabled.? and how is it done in bodyshop?

walk beside me an just be my friend
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 4:45 PM
There's nothing subtle or hidden here about using these files folks.

1. To use them, put them in your downloads folder.

2. To stop using them, remove them from your downloads folder. (If you take them out, the old Maxis defaults will return.)

No cheat codes required. The files affect both the game and BodyShop.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 4:54 PM
Hmmm... interesting. I really don't have an explanation for it!

Quote: Originally posted by Gnostic Dreamer
AllenABQ-

Sorry haven't checked back to this thread...

But here are the screenshots. Hope this helps.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 22nd Jan 2006 at 10:52 PM
ok thanks you've answerd my question.

walk beside me an just be my friend
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 2:44 PM
Excellent , this is the greatest . You have my eternal gratitude
Instructor
#50 Old 25th Jan 2006 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sitara
Romeo
I am late in responding but here's my two cents : I don't appreciate the game putting blue eyes or blond hair on dark skinned townies. I think people should be PROUD of how nature made them and not want to hide it. Of course; if you want to dye your hair or wear contact lenses, that's nobody's business but your own (or your sim's) but shame and dishonesty about nature should not enter into the equation. Too many dark people are ashamed or sorry that they are not white, blue-eyed and blond. Ugh.

I am white, but I agree with you about how people should be proud of how they look. I think it is odd when black people judge each other based on how light/dark their skin is- whatever skin color you have is best for you, it is what God wants you to have (plus I find darker skin more attractive than "medium"). But I don't think the game does that on purpose- it randomly generates the skin tone/hair color/ eye color of the sims, and since there are more light default eye colors (green, gray, and two different colors of blue) the chances are 4/5 that they will have light eyes, regardless of skin tone. I have a lot of crazy looking sims in one of my custom neighborhoods as well. If you want ethnic looking sims, you have to create them yourself- which is why it is so great that we have these new templates!

I have some questions about them:
1. How does it affect genetics of existing sims, that were created using the slider bars? Will their children look different because of the changes in the facial templates?
2. What about sims that we download that were made with the regular facial templates? Will they look the same?
3. And what about uploads? Will the sims we make after installing these look the same in other people's games as they do in ours, or will their features change?
4. How will the genetics of those uploaded sims function in other games?
Page 1 of 2