Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Neighborhood Snow Terrain (covers desert)

by hrussio Posted 27th Nov 2005 at 8:40 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2005 at 9:06 AM by hrussio

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 8:52 AM
This is so cool.

I am curious, is there a way to add a terrain rather than replacing one? Or is there some strange coding limitation that way?

Good work
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 8:54 AM
Jah... Snow....

But where can I get the snow at the roof?
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 8:57 AM
Is there a possibility that you make one that replaces the dirt terrain in Night Life? I have several desert and lush lots, but only one "dirt" lot that will fit in fine in the desert neighbourhood. So I don't want to replace the lush, cement or desert terrains. Dirt on the other hand can go.

Thanks in advance.
netseeker2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 9:04 AM
"I am curious, is there a way to add a terrain rather than replacing one? Or is there some strange coding limitation that way?"

No way as of yet to add a brand new terrain, as of yet.

"But where can I get the snow at the roof? "

I believe I got that house from the sims resource, and I believe it is just a floor tile and the use of the floor elevation cheats.

"Is there a possibility that you make one that replaces the dirt terrain "

Well, no promises, but if I get the motivation to recolor another 70 something files again, I just might lol. But I will take a look and see how many files the dirt terrain contains.
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hrussio

"But where can I get the snow at the roof? "

I believe I got that house from the sims resource, and I believe it is just a floor tile and the use of the floor elevation cheats.

It is from The Sims Resource, it's by MissyZ, and yes...it's just floortile, except for the conical roof parts. Those are recolored objects originally made by Cyclonesue. Hope that helps.

Thanks for doing this.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 10:26 AM
Thankyou thankyou! I never use the desert terrain so this will be great! Yay thankyou again:P
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 10:43 AM
i agree dirt should be used instead but what am i saying? i never use desert eitehr thanks!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#9 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 11:56 AM
Cool!
Great for the upcoming holidays!!!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
#10 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 12:21 PM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 12:32 PM
great thanks i never play the desert anyway
Instructor
#12 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 12:54 PM
thank you! thank you! thank you! i was wondering could somebody would ever make this!!!!!

learn from your parents mistakes - use birth control!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 1:26 PM Last edited by Insaniya : 27th Nov 2005 at 1:27 PM. Reason: no one bussiness
why no one make something like that for people without NL and University? we need snow too!
Scholar
#14 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 3:08 PM
Now I just have to wait for someone to replace the concrete terrain. That's the only one I can spare.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 3:20 PM
To me, dirt can go, because... come on, think about it: where did you ever see a whole neighoborhood like that? Grass goes to villages, desert for... well, people who build cities in the desert, Concrete goes for big cities, but DIRT...
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 3:26 PM
Thank you hrussio!
I do not have NL or Uni, just the original Sims 2, and it seems to work fine.
Its just when your zooming in and out in a lot the textures change to adjust the level of detail. One of the textures in particular is vastly different from the others and sticks out (its very pixelated and a creamy colour.) Do you get this in NL?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 4:36 PM
OH MY GOD!!! thank u so much! i requested this somewhere, not sure if it was mts2, but i hav bin wantin it 4 ages!
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 8:17 PM
I cant wait to try it out! Thanks a bunch!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 9:42 PM
"Its just when your zooming in and out in a lot the textures change to adjust the level of detail. One of the textures in particular is vastly different from the others and sticks out (its very pixelated and a creamy colour.) Do you get this in NL? "

I will check this out later today, I remember zooming in and out last night and don't remember it changing to the cream color you get while in the neighborhood view, and like I said theres nothing I can do about the neighborhood view. But it was 1am so my eyes might have been a tad bit blurry lol. I will check this again for you and get back with you.
On a Radical Sabbatical :)
retired moderator
#20 Old 27th Nov 2005 at 11:30 PM
Wow thanks hrussio! This is great :D

I agree with what some people have said above -- about replacing the "Dirt" or "Concrete" terrians. Snow would be SO much prettier on those!

But thank you very much for making this!

At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself. Our real purpose is to fit ourselves to be of maximum service to God and the people about us. -- The Big Book

I will be inactive indefinitely.
Blog
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 12:43 AM
lindaetterlee has made it to cover the dirt terrain, you can find it here

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106935
Field Researcher
#22 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 12:56 AM
I absoulutely love it but Im sad it overs desert terrain. Strangetown wouldnt be the same. If you make if cover concrete that would be cool though!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 1:20 AM
"If you make if cover concrete that would be cool though! "

Isn't that what is used in downtown though?? Isn't downtown concrete terrain? If it is, all downtowns would be snowy. Please tell me if I am wrong though.
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 2:57 PM
Also works without nightlife i tried it the only problem is when in a lot the orginal texture shows through but is easly fixed by just adding more snow texture to the ground. Thanks it sure makes Xmas lots seem more Christmasy.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 2:55 AM
This is great! However in Night Life there are neighborhood paints.. You can add huge blocks of concrete . grass, sand what ever to any area of the neighborhood you like with out covering all of it.. or all of it if you choose. I need one of those huge blocks done in super white snow. Someone made one but its a very small tiny Trianglular shape object and you have to put a million of them in to cover a large area. Once laid it looks fine They just need to be larger.. or at least the same size as all the other terrian objects in NL. The best part is about that object is in neighborhood view it shows white... not cream colored.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't compare your life to others,
You have no idea what their journey is about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Page 1 of 2