Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Risky Woohoo, Quiet Pregnancy, and Reduced % Chance for Pregnancy hack (Updated 9/24/2008)

by syberspunk Posted 2nd Dec 2005 at 2:24 AM - Updated 25th Sep 2008 at 4:56 AM by syberspunk : Fixed bug with Risky Woohoo for Cars

234 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 224 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 2:59 AM Last edited by CynicalChick : 2nd Dec 2005 at 3:13 AM.
great hack syberspunk

"Go to Heaven for the Climate, Hell for the company." - Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 3:46 AM
I'm a little confused, I was just wondering, can I use risky and reduced at the same time, and does reduced just affect try for baby?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spiritseer
I'm a little confused, I was just wondering, can I use risky and reduced at the same time, and does reduced just affect try for baby?

These are the type of questions I was hoping to avoid by typing all of that info out to begin with. But I can understand your confusion, so I will bend, not break, and reply despite my inclination not to.

I have included the following in the first post, hopefully to provide further clarification, but since I fear that many people may not bother to read it all, I will post it as a reply as well:

Quote: Originally posted by Myself above
To further clarify, I rewrote the random % chance for pregnancy hack so that it is compatible with each individual mod for Risky Woohoo, with the caveat that it will Reduce the odds for getting pregnant, regardless of whether that is via the "Try for Baby" option or the "Woohoo" options which are now risky. Essentially, the Woohoo options are the same, only now at the end, it will also have a slight chance of getting pregnant. The Tuning file sets those odds, BUT if you ALSO use the reducedchancepreghack, it REDUCES the chance of getting pregnant whenever that BHAV is called. In other words, for all cases, whenever the game attempts to make a sim pregnant, the "normal" chance at that time is reduced by half! So yes, this means you can use the reducedchancepreghack with Risky Woohoo (that's what I intended it for) but keep in mind that doing so, it will also reduce the odds for BOTH getting pregnant by "Try for Baby" AND "Woohoo".

So... if you use the default settings that I set in the Tuning file, all of those percentages are halved. If you change them yourself to whatever you want, they will still be half. I mention this so that, for example, if you want the percentage for Risky Woohoo in Bed to be 30 %, AND you are using the reducedchancepreghack, you actually need to set the value in the Tuning file to 60!

Players have the option of having a reduced chance of pregnancy in "Try for Baby" or not. The "problem" with using previous versions of Risky Woohoo together with previous versions of the Random % chance of pregnancy hack is that the % is hard coded into the random % chance hack. So... no matter what you had in your Risky Woohoo hacks, it would always be the same %.

I have made it so that players have the option to include reduced chance, but still be flexible enough so that you can control setting BOTH the odds for reduced pregnancy AND for Risky Woohoo. If you don't care about all of that, then don't worry about it, and just use all of the hacks I've uploaded here. They all work fine together, as they were desgined for that purpose in mind.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 12:18 PM
Sorry, my bad, it was really late last night and I kept getting website not found so I was pretty frustrated.
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 1:07 PM
Very Tight
keep on doing a Tight Job!!!!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 1:49 PM
I know you say very clearly and very specifically not to use any part of this with Inteen - yes, I read your original post. However, the original Quiet Pregnancy was compatible with Inteenimater (when used without the rest of the Risky Wohoo suite, of course.) How much has changed in it? Is there any chance that JUST the quiet pregnancy package could be used with Inteen?

If you'd prefer I ask this over at the Inteen forum, I will. Either way, thank you for all of your efforts to update this mod, and sorry to bother you with a potentially stupid question.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spiritseer
Sorry, my bad, it was really late last night and I kept getting website not found so I was pretty frustrated.

Hehe, that's ok, no harm, no foul, right? And if you think you were frustrated? Imagine how I felt when I was trying to upload these in the first place, and I kept getting errors everytime I was trying to post. :P

Quote: Originally posted by femdrag0n
I know you say very clearly and very specifically not to use any part of this with Inteen - yes, I read your original post. However, the original Quiet Pregnancy was compatible with Inteenimater (when used without the rest of the Risky Wohoo suite, of course.) How much has changed in it? Is there any chance that JUST the quiet pregnancy package could be used with Inteen?

If you'd prefer I ask this over at the Inteen forum, I will. Either way, thank you for all of your efforts to update this mod, and sorry to bother you with a potentially stupid question.

Actually, this is the kind of question that I appreciate. However, I am most likely not the best person to answer this since I have not extensively used InTeen, nor have I examined the code of InTeen thoroughly enough. Jase would probably be the better person to ask. But... my guess is, if he gave the approval to use the original Quiet Pregnancy portion, then most likely it should be fine.

The only difference for the mod is that it now includes the new changes for Nightlife, where it appears that there is code to include calculation that affects the score of Group Outings. Using the older version as made by sweatm is essentially harmless in the sense that nothing bad will happen, except for the loss of this new functionality affecting Group Outings. I basically made the same change as sweatm, so that the chimes do not play, and left everything else the same as the Nightlife code. If InTeen already does not include Quiet Pregnancy, or any modifications to this same BHAV, then it should be fine to use together with InTeen.

Feel free to post over there and if you do get a definitive answer, please report back at your leisure. I'll take care to update the FAQ/first post above and let others know whether they can use the Quiet Pregnancy part or not. Thanks for the question.

Ste
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 5:46 PM
Beautiful. This is what I've really wanted to be updated to Night Life. You've done a wonderful job. No amount of thanks will be enough.

Now! Off to ruin the lives of my romance sims!

--This signature has been tested on lab sims--
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 6:17 PM
I want to thank you soooo much for updating this for nightlife! This is the one mod that I really can't live without...it just makes everything so much more realistic..so thank you once again!! :thumb:
Systemic Anomaly
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2005 at 10:36 PM Last edited by jase439 : 5th Dec 2005 at 12:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by femdrag0n
This version of Quiet Pregnancy is still compatible with InTeen.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2005 at 9:24 AM
Wow, you are a star!

Thanks especially for making the values so easy to tweak! (I like my chance a little lower that 20% )

I can't wait for my first sim to get accidentally pregnant in the backseat of a car. LOL.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Dec 2005 at 12:18 AM
ThankYOU!

Now... just to get JM to fix up that romancemod and my game is happy again.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 4:21 PM
I'm confused, I have all 3 expansions and have been using the original quiet pregnancy, woohoo pregnancy hacks with no problem. Maybe it's because I don't use too many hacks in my game that I'm not experiencing any problems with the originals.

That said, I want to thank you for upgrading these wonderful "reality tools" for those who had problems with the originals.... and now I know that should I find a problem with my originals, I have the upgraded versions to fall back on (who can live without real life situations such as this??) Thanks

Some people are just like Slinkys
They're useless, but can still make you smile if you push them down the stairs.
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 8:30 AM
Is it possible that you will be realeasing a version of this hack with less % chance of getting pregnant for those of us who doesn't know how to work simpe?

Say at 5-10% chance of getting pregnant?

You see This hack was always one of my all time favorites, but my neigborhood is crowded as it is so those large % wouldn't really work for me.
Systemic Anomaly
#16 Old 10th Dec 2005 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaudrum
Is it possible that you will be realeasing a version of this hack with less % chance of getting pregnant for those of us who doesn't know how to work simpe?

Say at 5-10% chance of getting pregnant?

You see This hack was always one of my all time favorites, but my neigborhood is crowded as it is so those large % wouldn't really work for me.

Quote: Originally posted by syberspunk
NL_SS_RiskyWoohooTuning.package - BCON file that contains constants which define % chance for each woohoo interaction. README file included in .zip archive explaining how to modify these values using SimPE.

RTFM. 'Nuff said.
Test Subject
#17 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 4:43 PM
hey

I have a request:
Can teenager get pregnant too ? I don't understand much in the text because I come from Austria.
I hope you can answer my question
Systemic Anomaly
#18 Old 11th Dec 2005 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greecegirl
hey

I have a request:
Can teenager get pregnant too ? I don't understand much in the text because I come from Austria.
I hope you can answer my question
Not with this mod. Download the InTeenimater if you want teen pregnancy (see my signature for a link).
Test Subject
#19 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 11:58 PM
Absolutelt wonderful!!! I've always wanted this in my game, It makes the game so much more realistic!!! Good job!
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 8:28 PM
Thanks for making the game more enjoyable ^^ I can't wait to try this out!!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 12:14 AM
I know I should have read it, but I was just wondering
This Is For Teen's Havinf kids correct?
(I have NL and U and I want to make sure it is Exsaption conpabitlity)
Thanks!
Emilie aka Never Leave Home (lapkids on thesism2.com)
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 12:15 AM
Having** Excuse me...........
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Dec 2005 at 7:41 PM
Is there any way you can make a version with everything except the quiet pregnancy?
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 3:50 AM
doh! I just wandered over to http://www.insimenator.net/index.php and noticed that the Inteenimater is no longer available. After trying out your mod, I thought it might be fun to try Inteenimater as well, but my timing seems bad ah well

thanks again for this awesome mod I reset Pleasantview just so I could wreak havoc... er *cough*.. have fun there with it!
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Dec 2005 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jase439
Not with this mod. Download the InTeenimater if you want teen pregnancy (see my signature for a link).

=[ I see no signature
Page 1 of 10