Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 9:58 PM
Default custom majors - no new class titles?
Ive followed ThomasRiordan custom majors tutorial, but when i assign the major to the character, the classtitles don't show up! It shows the name of the major, the icon, but the classtitles are still the old ones, even though ive changed them.

however, ive come across something that i dont "understand" which might cause the problem..

Quote:
http://www.ambertation.de/simpeforu...topic.php?t=234
11. Now click on the Freshman Class First Half 0x2 line and enter in a nifty class name for your major. This site has been extremely helpful to me when coming up with class names for my majors. So if you're in need of ideas check it out. Once you've done that click change in all and commit. Repeat this step for the remain classes.

what?
ive committed the changes, saved the file, but it says click change in all. And ive sought for ages, but i cannot find "change" or "change in all" anywhere. Perhaps i'm just taking things too literal or something.. perhaps i'm just blind and i cant see that option..

anyway, im also attaching the custom major, perhaps anybody else can see what happened...

ive tried browsing the forums and googling, but couldnt find anything.

thanks!

(edit: credit goes to gk4495 (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=106701) for creating the major that i tried to change)

(once i failed to create custom majors from the ingame majors i attempted changing a custom one)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  STFENG..zip (9.1 KB, 15 downloads)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 2:18 PM
Isnt there anyone who has a clue? Or give my any info about the "change in all" thing?
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 3:59 PM
I've sorted out the titles, and I've added the file.

What happenes is that typing in the title names only adds them in US English. The new SimPE gui doesn't allow you to "change in all"- a constant source of annoyance for me.

What I've done is installed an old version of SimPE that allows me to do that. I'll try to find the link to those old file
Attached files:
File Type: zip  STFENG.zip (9.0 KB, 12 downloads)

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Dec 2005 at 4:43 PM Last edited by releaze : 6th Dec 2005 at 4:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly
I've sorted out the titles, and I've added the file.

What happenes is that typing in the title names only adds them in US English. The new SimPE gui doesn't allow you to "change in all"- a constant source of annoyance for me.

What I've done is installed an old version of SimPE that allows me to do that. I'll try to find the link to those old file

thanks!

edit
i'll try and download an old version of SimPE off this website,
http://sourceforge.net/project/show...group_id=133134

then it should work. thanks once again i never believed it could have been that easy. i thought my game was set to us english, but apparantly not!