Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Security - 'Coat Of Arms'

by Calidan Posted 23rd Dec 2005 at 11:48 AM - Updated 26th Oct 2008 at 4:08 AM by Calidan : Update

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 11:49 AM
Thanks!!!

:]:--*/MATHEUS\*--:[:
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 12:22 PM
This is great, cheers.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 12:35 PM
Wonderfu! Just last night I was bemoaning the lack of visually appropriate burgular alarms for my medival sims. This is perfect.

.... Now if I can just get all of this family Christmas stuff done so I can play.

Thank you & Merry Christmas!
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 1:32 PM
Looks like the Security Center icon from Windows XP SP2
but its great !! Thx :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarceloTF
Looks like the Security Center icon from Windows XP SP2
but its great !! Thx :D

*lol* you are right it does doesn't it Those 'block' colors were initially intended just as a test recolor, but kinda went ok with the rest of it so left it. It makes a nice base for creating your own recolor texture however

--
Calidan
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 3:36 PM
Thanks this is what i've been looking for to add to my medevil home.
Instructor
#8 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 5:10 PM
Great idea! thankyou.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 5:54 PM
Those ugly white ones always DID look bad in my medieval houses... not to mention just my MODERN houses!
Fluffy
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 6:19 PM
ooh, this is a nifty idea
I marvel at you for getting it to work
*runs off to test and dissect*
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 6:24 PM
Cool thank you !!!

This one is much better than the one of maxis.... Now my medieval sims can have a security alarm too :D:D

Happy apple poison.
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 6:46 PM
Another addition to my Downloads folder...
Very good work! A+
Test Subject
#13 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 9:15 PM
Perfect !!! :nod:
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 10:15 PM
I just built a Medieval house, and it was ripe for the picking by burglars until this! Well done.

Yes, it's supposed to be a lemming.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 10:31 PM
Yes! This is great, I'm always on the look out for medieval/fantasy items that replace the modern elements for my medieval/fantasy themed neighborhoods. This is so cool! Thank you so much, this is awesome.

Far away is near at hand in images of elsewhere

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 11:39 PM
Beautiful! The Count Vlad Simcula has just moved to Simrose Place and though you would think no one would disturb the home of the Prince of Darkness, sim burglers don't seem too bright. Thanks so much.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 1:04 AM
Wow what a wonderful idea... You know I can use this and alot. This will work wonders in my Medieval Simland. Thanks so much for sharing
Scholar
#18 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 3:09 AM
Thanks a bunch, this is awsome! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lethe_s
ooh, this is a nifty idea
I marvel at you for getting it to work
*runs off to test and dissect*

Well, after reading your comment I went back and did some more extensive tests and found a minor (welll ) problem .. it does NOT actually work as an alarm.

When I did the initial (and I will admit not very complete) testing before upload it was late at night, I was rather tired and didn't see a 2nd 'real' alarm elsewhere in the room (it was a big room) which is what lead me to believe it was functioning correctly.

So far I have had no luck actually making it 'alarm' - or even fire the 'detect intruder' BHAV even though it is setup exactly like the default alarm it was cloned from.

Anyway, thank you again for your prompting and insightful comment and I will continue at this until I can figure out what is stopping it from working :shrug: Oh well, now time to master BHAVs

--
Calidan
Fluffy
retired moderator
#20 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 10:13 AM
calidan,

well, damn,
I was hoping you'd cracked the code on this one
it's a tricky one, I tried a burglar alarm a while ago, and Boblish and Winter too, as far as I remember
*sigh* I want pretty alarms
so the very best of luck with it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Dec 2005 at 1:00 PM Last edited by Calidan : 24th Dec 2005 at 1:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lethe_s
calidan,

well, damn,
I was hoping you'd cracked the code on this one
it's a tricky one, I tried a burglar alarm a while ago, and Boblish and Winter too, as far as I remember
*sigh* I want pretty alarms
so the very best of luck with it

heh - thanks

From what I can see is that is a result of there not being any 'specific' globals for the alarm and it assumes the object and 'semi-globals' (well local to objects.package) are together.

Going to be a headache but I suspect it will require basically ripping ALL the relevant 'globals' into the package itself to create its own semi-globals for it.

*grin* I guess then it should be called a hack and not really just an object

Perhaps we shall discuss this further in another thread however

I shall keep at it when time permits - hmm perhaps you could use moveobjects and place the shield over the functional alarm (haven't tried that yet myself though) so you can get the 'look' of the new and functionality of the old.

The above 'fake fix' works for now, however there is a small 'mesh pokes through' problem which I shall not be fixing at this stage (it's only small).

Please stay tuned to this thread if you are so interested, and I shall keep it updated on my progress in making the 'Coat of Arms' functional by itself.

--
Calidan
#22 Old 8th Jan 2006 at 12:27 PM
can enybody tell how to make objects.sims which are not present in the game ,new cloths ,thier hairetc.,but it was good work.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 12:03 AM
Great for castles. Thank you!

Poetry soothes the mind, art pleases the eye, but music touches the heart.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 12:07 AM
Perfect for my castles! Thanks! By the way, the multi-colored one kinda looks like an old version of the windows logo. (It sure has the colors for it!)
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Apr 2006 at 10:03 AM
Will you be making a post here if/when you are able to get it to function as an alarm? I ask because if so I plan to subscribe to this thread so I will be alerted when it is updated.
Page 1 of 2